Biden's Higher Corporate Tax Rate

Biden's Higher Corporate Tax Rate

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
85d

@suzianne said
Inflation does not start with government. It starts with corporations increasing their profit margins by raping the consumer with higher prices.
Inflation is set by money supply, end of story.

If an economy has $10 in it, and there are 10 coconuts then a coconut is worth $1, along comes goobermint or the fed (ahhh but I repeat myself) and majics up another $10, coconuts are now $2 each, and your dollar is worth half what it was. Inflation is a tax on every dollar currently existing in an economy.

That's what it is, and if you want to know the 'why it is', find who spends the money first at yesterdays value.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
85d

@averagejoe1 said
I was unfortunately relegated to stopping the reading of this post after the first 15 words, because you mention that pesky phrase 'Fair Share'. I would not have been able to respond to an unknown, so had to pass.
Hey dummy that’s the unknown that we are debating, jeez you is stupid.
Biden has placed the % rate of 21 to 25, I should put it about 50, I’m guessing you would have at 0 so us mugs can pay all the taxes whilst the B of D and share holders can drink better Champaign and sail in bigger yacht’s 🙄

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
85d

@wajoma said

If an economy has $10 in it, and there are 10 coconuts then a coconut is worth $1, along comes goobermint or the fed (ahhh but I repeat myself) and majics up another $10, coconuts are now $2 each, and your dollar is worth half what it was. Inflation is a tax on every dollar currently existing in an economy.

That's what it is, and if you want to know the 'why it is', find who spends the money first at yesterdays value.
Like I told your pal AvJoe, you cannot argue effectively with a flawed given.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
85d

@suzianne said
Like I told your pal AvJoe, you cannot argue effectively with a flawed given.
That is precisely what drives inflation, an over supply of money. Who get's to spend the money first spends it at yesterdays value, those that get to spend it last i.e. the poor and middle class find their dollar isn't worth what it once was. I'm trying to dumb it down for you, you dumb Kant.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
85d

@Wajoma

Since Miss childless negative nelly suziman is lurking, let's lighten things up with some larfs from back when John Oliver was funny.

The 'N' word.

https://vimeo.com/43873173

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
85d
2 edits

@earl-of-trumps said
Biden To Push Higher Corporate Tax In Key Political Speech

The proposals Biden is pushing for include a higher corporate tax rate of 28 percent and a corporate minimum tax of 21 percent, according to the White House.

These are part of a broader plan to lower the federal deficit by trillions of dollars,
and are to be accompanied by tax cuts for low ...[text shortened]... have many EV companies.
That's because of a relatively low corporate tax rate.

let's hear it
It was 35% before the Trump tax cut.

The corporate tax rate is only paid by big companies who are profitable after salaries and expenses. Small companies use pass-through forms like LLCs and marginally profitable C corporations can increase salaries to avoid the corporate tax.

The only thing that raising the corporate tax rate hurts is the stock market... which is something, but it's not something I'm going to get overly worked up about.

w

Moves
85d

@no1marauder said
Steve Jobs' present opinions are unknown but Bill Gates' are:

"Bill Gates, a prominent figure in global philanthropy, has long championed the idea of taxing the super-wealthy more heavily. In a significant move, some of the world's most affluent individuals, led by Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, advocate for higher taxes on the ultra-rich. This call for fiscal reform ...[text shortened]... uals join the movement for change."

https://marketrealist.com/what-is-proud-to-pay-more-campaign/
Congress overspends more that a trillion every year Earl. Something's gotta give, either on spending or taxes.

The funny thing is, nobody in politics is in favor of cutting anything that would dent that number ($1.5 trillion). So taxes gotta go up.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
85d

@no1marauder said
Steve Jobs' present opinions are unknown but Bill Gates' are:

"Bill Gates, a prominent figure in global philanthropy, has long championed the idea of taxing the super-wealthy more heavily. In a significant move, some of the world's most affluent individuals, led by Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, advocate for higher taxes on the ultra-rich. This call for fiscal reform ...[text shortened]... uals join the movement for change."

https://marketrealist.com/what-is-proud-to-pay-more-campaign/
I'm too lazy to research this now, but how much money would we raise by:

1. Increasing the corporate tax rates to 28%
2. Treating capital gains as ordinary income
3. Treating inheritances (and gifts beyond, say, 100k/yr) as income
4. Dropping the social security tax cap

?

Look, folks, I'm a fiscal conservative. I really am. But if we're gonna spend it, we have to also bring it in.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
84d

@sh76 said
I'm too lazy to research this now, but how much money would we raise by:

1. Increasing the corporate tax rates to 28%
2. Treating capital gains as ordinary income
3. Treating inheritances (and gifts beyond, say, 100k/yr) as income
4. Dropping the social security tax cap

?

Look, folks, I'm a fiscal conservative. I really am. But if we're gonna spend it, we have to also bring it in.

Is anyone here listening?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
84d

@Wajoma
With the national debt upwards of 30 trillion, exactly what free flow of money are you talking about?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
84d

@sonhouse said
@Wajoma
With the national debt upwards of 30 trillion, exactly what free flow of money are you talking about?
You know, from the government to the corporations.

Lake Como

Moves
84d

@Suzianne
Y'all can say all these lies!!!(sorry, sue, you are the lie person),,,but allow me to keep us on the straight and narrow. All you libs are way off base. NO INFLATION WAS ON TRUMP'S WATCH!

Trump inherited a solid economy from President Obama, and the good times continued into 2020. Compared with today, there was no inflation to speak of. Voters who think their paychecks went further under Trump are generally right.

THAT is it. Since it is a fact, why bother showing a source. Oh well, here it is.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-americans-pine-for-the-trump-economy-193757815.html

We are killing you non-deep thinkers. Of course, Sue has it all right!! Right?!?!?!?

Lake Como

Moves
84d

@suzianne said
You know, from the government to the corporations.
Hey, sue....have you thanked a corporation today? You should.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
84d

@wajoma said

That is a very simplistic model of inflation. Inflation can also be caused by decreased production of coconuts for example or an increased population.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
84d
2 edits

@athousandyoung said
That is a very simplistic model of inflation. Inflation can also be caused by decreased production of coconuts for example or an increased population.
I have to explain it in a very simple fashion for suziman.

Agreed, it can be caused by having less 'things' of value in an economy but the money supply remains at a level. Do you believe that is the main driver of inflation?

Or if there is destruction of 'things' of value.

It has nothing to do with pop size.