Biden's Higher Corporate Tax Rate

Biden's Higher Corporate Tax Rate

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lake Como

Moves
74d

@no1marauder said
You don't want higher income individuals to "move here", remember? You bitched about Chinese and Indian immigrants even though they have higher than average income than the native born.
Rewrite this with the word 'illegal' and someone might read it. As it is, it means nothing. Illegal drug lords are high income, little feller.

Lake Como

Moves
74d

@no1marauder said
I already showed that most corporate profits are simply plowed back to rich guys, who already have more money than they need.

Government spends money on many worthwhile things while morons like Musk chase more paper. And to the extent that corporations make actual Economic investments, they pay no taxes on the money spent for them.

Investment in Economics is based o ...[text shortened]... complish that; how many hundreds of years of economic reality do you have to be shown to grasp that?
What should be the consequence, the next step, when your bourgeoisie discovers that a man has 'more money than he needs"? This is a serious question. I will refrain at the moment from how one decides if a man has more than he needs.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
74d
1 edit

@averagejoe1 said
What should be the consequence, the next step, when your bourgeoisie discovers that a man has 'more money than he needs"? This is a serious question. I will refrain at the moment from how one decides if a man has more than he needs.
It's what is called a "graduated income tax".

Ever hear of it?

Just as a reminder, the economic system the People put into effect should be primarily designed to enhance average living standards and avoid destitution and misery, not merely create an elite aristocracy.

Lake Como

Moves
74d

@kevcvs57 said
If he’s buying them with what should have been his fair share of the tax burden it’s got everything to do with this average earnings tax payer you halfwitted turd
The poster I replied was pretending that Biden was increasing the tax burden for the average citizen but that was a lie, and your reply to me was a disingenuous diversion from my point.
Right winger and lying pos are basically interchangeable descriptions huh
I was unfortunately relegated to stopping the reading of this post after the first 15 words, because you mention that pesky phrase 'Fair Share'. I would not have been able to respond to an unknown, so had to pass.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
74d

In the 1950s, revenue from the Corporation Tax was over 5% of GDP; now it is a little above 1% of the same. The statutory tax rate is less than half what it was back then. https://www.pgpf.org/blog/2023/04/six-charts-that-show-how-low-corporate-tax-revenues-are-in-the-united-states-right-now

Biden is correct to propose a modest corporate tax increase to be offset by reductions in consumer tax rates.

Moves
74d

@no1marauder said
In the 1950s, revenue from the Corporation Tax was over 5% of GDP; now it is a little above 1% of the same. The statutory tax rate is less than half what it was back then. https://www.pgpf.org/blog/2023/04/six-charts-that-show-how-low-corporate-tax-revenues-are-in-the-united-states-right-now

Biden is correct to propose a modest corporate tax increase to be offset by reductions in consumer tax rates.
biden would be correct to state we need to stop spending money to figure out how a Portuguese trans monkey masturbates.

Lake Como

Moves
74d

@no1marauder said

…….and the shortage/reduction of revenues twill be made up by increasing soars of products.

You Libs, you leave out so many pertinent facts, which you find inconvenient when you submit your halfhearted unclosed points on the Forum.

Lake Como

Moves
74d

@mott-the-hoople said
biden would be correct to state we need to stop spending money to figure out how a Portuguese trans monkey masturbates.

I gave you a thumbs up, but the problem is, is that marauder actually takes your statement to be logical.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
74d
1 edit

@no1marauder
I already showed that most corporate profits are simply plowed back to rich guys, who already have more money than they need.
--------------------------

I told you, they **invest** those monies, not - plow it back to rich guys.

You're one of those numbnuts left wingers that thinks rich people just sit around counting 100's and bars of gold all day.

B'jeeezus

w

Moves
74d

@earl-of-trumps said
Cut spending.

Here we are, the USA, wiith a government that has the world's highest anual income of any government in the world.

And it's not enough??

My ass. let them cut things like the military, social programs.
Republicans won't do it.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
73d

@earl-of-trumps said
@no1marauder

You're one of those numbnuts left wingers that thinks rich people just sit around counting 100's and bars of gold all day.

B'jeeezus
Despite 40+ years of relentless cutting rich folks' taxes, the share of GDP going to gross private economic Investment (not mere paper chasing) is little different than it was in the 1970s. https://fred.stlouisfed.org/series/A006RE1Q156NBEA

w

Moves
73d

@earl-of-trumps said
@no1marauder

B'jeeezus
Trickle down economics Earl? Come on, you know better.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
73d

@AverageJoe1
I guess you loved the Trump tax bribe, what, 2 tril less government money but they needed that money anyway and mysteriously the national debt went up two trill also.
So I guess you figure government money should come from the backs of workers so big pharm and big business can put their money into stock buy backs which is exactly what they did with the tax bribe of Trump, didn't result in companies investing in American made like Trump said, but for you just business as usual and lets raise the tax on poor folks instead if government needs money.

I guess it is ok from your POV if a trillion dollar business pays zero income tax and that is perfectly alright with you.

So if we need to cut back on spending, take it out of social security or medicare or the affordable care act, right? Who needs that BS stuff anyway.

Lake Como

Moves
73d

@no1marauder said
It's what is called a "graduated income tax".

Ever hear of it?

Just as a reminder, the economic system the People put into effect should be primarily designed to enhance average living standards and avoid destitution and misery, not merely create an elite aristocracy.
Yes, there is already a graduated income tax to cover your matters of concern. So why do you keep writing about it, it is already there. Are you suggesting some change or modification? It has been working for a long time. What do people want now? What has changed? Is someone asking for money who has no right to such monies? If so, who? Hard to keep up with you libs, it is like being in a race, it is like 'Who's on first' personified.
I do think that the destitute should be taken care of by the government, close to 50M souls. We are not writing about them. And you would have to define enhancing average living standards. Some (the successful, the rich) have above-average living standards, and some have below-average. Is that what you are hinting about, that maybe you want to rectify that schism of society? How so?

w

Moves
73d

@averagejoe1 said
Yes, there is already a graduated income tax to cover your matters of concern. So why do you keep writing about it, it is already there. Are you suggesting some change or modification? It has been working for a long time. What do people want now? What has changed? Is someone asking for money who has no right to such monies? If so, who? Hard to keep up with you li ...[text shortened]... Is that what you are hinting about, that maybe you want to rectify that schism of society? How so?
Deficit is over a trillion. If no one in government is able to cut spending, then taxes must go up. If taxes must go up, tax the rich! Blame Republicans.