CA Senate candidate wants $50 minimum wage.  Funny.

CA Senate candidate wants $50 minimum wage. Funny.

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
92d
1 edit

@wajoma said
No imagination required there are places without a minimum that do not have 'runaway goobermint benefit' spending. What does require imagination is the catastrophes you dream up.
What catastrophes?

I've been describing real, actual scenarios in which politicians have tried to make incremental changes to decrease benefits programs in the US. Without exception, they are run out of politics without achieving their goals.

What you describe is not possible with our current government. Bill Clinton shrunk the government by cutting spending on military and other federal agencies, but as far as I know he could not and did not touch entitlements. It's engrained in the culture.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
91d

@wildgrass said
What catastrophes?

I've been describing real, actual scenarios in which politicians have tried to make incremental changes to decrease benefits programs in the US. Without exception, they are run out of politics without achieving their goals.

What you describe is not possible with our current government. Bill Clinton shrunk the government by cutting spending on milita ...[text shortened]... es, but as far as I know he could not and did not touch entitlements. It's engrained in the culture.
No catastrophies? we have to have a minimum rate because some pollies lost their job, hahaha.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
91d

@wildgrass said
What catastrophes?

What you describe is not possible with our current government. Bill Clinton shrunk the government by cutting spending on milita ...[text shortened]... es, but as far as I know he could not and did not touch entitlements. It's engrained in the culture.
You must have missed this post. Please explain.

"Except for those places that have no minimum rate and no runaway goobermint benefits spending.

Except for those places?
"

w

Moves
91d

@wajoma said
No catastrophies? we have to have a minimum rate because some pollies lost their job, hahaha.
you can google for the expert opinion but the consensus is clear. Get rid of the minimum wage and the cost of government in the US skyrockets. Taxes would inevitably rise. By a lot. You minimize with "pollies lost their job". I don't care about them. There's no - zero - political will to do what you suggest. It won't happen.

Pick a side.

w

Moves
91d
1 edit

@wajoma said
You must have missed this post. Please explain.

"Except for those places that have no minimum rate and no runaway goobermint benefits spending.

Except for those places?
"
This is what you sound like:

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us, only sky
Imagine all the people
Livin' for today
Ah
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Livin' life in peace
You

"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one
Imagine no possessions
I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger
A brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing all the world
You
You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
And the world will live as one

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
91d

@wildgrass said
What catastrophes?

And you haven't explained by what right you sacrifice people who can live on the current minimum without benefits.

What right do you have to sacrifice other people?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
91d

@wildgrass said
This is what you sound like:

Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us, only sky
Imagine all the people
Livin' for today
Ah
Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion, too
Imagine all the people
Livin' life in peace
You

"You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I ...[text shortened]... m a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
And the world will live as one
There are places that have no minimum and no runaway goobermint benefit spending, no one is asking you to imagine anything only to look and explain.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
91d

@wildgrass said
you can google for the expert opinion but the consensus is clear. Get rid of the minimum wage and the cost of government in the US skyrockets. Taxes would inevitably rise. By a lot. You minimize with "pollies lost their job". I don't care about them. There's no - zero - political will to do what you suggest. It won't happen.

Pick a side.
Ahhh, so the catastrophes are back after wildgrass saying "what catastrophes' LOL

w

Moves
91d

@wajoma said
And you haven't explained by what right you sacrifice people who can live on the current minimum without benefits.

What right do you have to sacrifice other people?
I don't sacrifice anyone. But I would like government to be smaller. This is why I support increases to the minimum wage. And I vote for politicians who support limited government through actions rather than empty words.

w

Moves
91d

@wajoma said
Ahhh, so the catastrophes are back after wildgrass saying "what catastrophes' LOL
What catastrophes?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
91d

@wildgrass said
I don't sacrifice anyone. But I would like government to be smaller. This is why I support increases to the minimum wage. And I vote for politicians who support limited government through actions rather than empty words.
Yes, when you jack the minimum someone who was worth the minimum, who supported themself on the minimum without benefits loses their job. wildgrass in her generosity just sacrficed them.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
91d
2 edits

@wildgrass said
What catastrophes?
Ahh so the catastrophies are gone again? Make up your mind.

wildgrass said, or maybe it was someone else with the same name:

"Get rid of the minimum wage and the cost of government in the US skyrockets."

Or sky rocketing cost of goobermint is not a catastrophe hahaha. The way you jump around it's hard to keep up.

w

Moves
91d

@wajoma said
Yes, when you jack the minimum someone who was worth the minimum, who supported themself on the minimum without benefits loses their job. wildgrass in her generosity just sacrficed them.
No generosity at all on my part. Simply an interest in limiting my tax expenditures. I get that you've got more of a moral stake in the purpose of human life. I don't care.

w

Moves
91d

@wajoma said
Ahh so the catastrophies are gone again? Make up your mind.

wildgrass said, or maybe it was someone else with the same name:

"Get rid of the minimum wage and the cost of government in the US skyrockets."

Or sky rocketing cost of goobermint is not a catastrophe hahaha. The way you jump around it's hard to keep up.
That's your catastrophe not mine. Stop projecting.

w

Moves
91d

@wajoma said
There are places that have no minimum and no runaway goobermint benefit spending, no one is asking you to imagine anything only to look and explain.
Look and explain other places?

I dunno, mate. There's a lot to unpack. I'm trying to discuss reality.