CA Senate candidate wants $50 minimum wage.  Funny.

CA Senate candidate wants $50 minimum wage. Funny.

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
91d
1 edit

@wajoma said
I___h_a_v_e___n_e_v_e_r___u_s_e_d___t_h_o_s_e___w_o_r_d_s.

"cost of government in the US skyrockets" are your words.

The scarey bogey man "anarchy" or 'sky rockets' is you catastrophising. And pages back examples of countries without a minimum that do not have "anarchy" nor "runaway goobermint benefit spending" were given. One does not equal the other. It ...[text shortened]... te worshippers to create a bogeyman that does not exist that can only be fixed with more goobermint.
Cost of government skyrockets without a minimum wage is fact not catastrophe.

Increasing the minimum wage shrinks government. Also a fact, through history and econ. projections.

We have 90 years of economic history with a minimum wage in the US and future predictions that all support that statement.

You can point to other countries with other constitutions, histories, laws, but those are not relevant comparisons to the US economy.

Raising the minimum wage is not more government. You're either confused or misinformed.

w

Moves
91d

@averagejoe1 said
Golly, how unfair.......I was chided for not linking a 'sooouuuuurce' on a post a few days ago. This little guy writes this beautiful poem, and I was about to buy it from him, add music, and flip it to Spotify.
But my 11 year old says he stole it from John Lennon. So, Wildgrass makes this appear as his work, and it is OK with you, and AOC, cross dressers, tran peo ...[text shortened]... nd all liberals to ignore it. Shouldn't the Forum monitor delete it?
You are all just pitiful.
No I've been telling wajoma he writes like John Lennon, a hopeless idealist.

Just a joke of course. Wajoma imagines the USA wirh no need for federal assistance programs. Hahahaha.

Hopeless addicts we are. We can revisit this thread when the next Paul Ryan comes along with visions of making slight modifications to reduce the debt burden of existing programs. Their own voters rebel and they all get run out of town. Always and forever.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
91d
2 edits

@wildgrass said
Sky rocketing goobermint spending is not a catastrophe? All excess goobermint spending is bad, when it sky rockets, well, that is a catastrophe. (your bogey man, your words)

But it doesn't happen because for about the tenth time you ignore that there are countries without a minimum wage and they do not have 'skyrockets', 'anarchy' and 'runaway benefit spending'.

That you've evaded, dodged and pretended it didn't exist 10 times is the only fact around here.

Here's the other thing that we haven't even touched on yet, when the price of something is jacked artificially people do less of it, this the rationale behind 'sin' taxes on tobacco and alcohol. So when wildgrass gets her way she sacrifices a bunch of people to the unemployment line and of course state mandated social welfare.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
91d

@wildgrass said

Just a joke of course. Wajoma imagines the USA wirh no need for federal assistance programs. Hahahaha.

Hopeless addicts we are. We can revisit this thread when the next Paul Ryan comes along with visions of making slight modifications to reduce the debt burden of existing programs. Their own voters rebel and they all get run out of town. Always and forever.
Nothing wrong with ideals, especially if it means less goobdermint intrusion in our lives and not turning productive people into parasites.

The first step is to reduce goobermint assistance programs for people in paid employment, this has three effects:

1/ They find it no longer economical to work in that job and Co's find they need to adjust their rate to lure people into employment.
2/ Tax relief, let's remember the assistance people are receiving only comes from the money taken from the very people being assisted by goobermint. That's some wildgrass type logic there, the goobermint takes money thuis making it hard for you to support yourself, they filter it through untold goobermint departments, each one taking a cut then the little bit that comes out the end they give to people struggling because tthey took the money in the first place.
3/ There are people abusing the assistance programs, wild grass is a fan of a system that encourages and rewards dishonesty.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
91d

@averagejoe1 said
Pansy Wildgrass for President. You have so many concrete answers. I'm thinking my grandchildren will not even have to work. I would be running on a counter-ticket, where I would get rid of every government agency that you would be promoting. Frist, I would get rid of DOE, and so forth. YOur kidswould be starving I guess.
There's nothing wrong with ideals and working towards them. Here's the ideal, and it happens to be an ideal because it is true and right.

If person A values their time at $5/hr and person B agrees that person A's time is worth $5/hr and they agree to a mutually beneficial voluntary exchange of value for value that is not wildgrass's business, they don't need wildgrass butting her nose in, they don't need wildgrass enlisting the services of goobermint thugs to initiate force and threats of force against them, they would prefer wildgrass mind her own business.

Working towards ideals is fine, good and right, wildgrass wishes to work away from the ideal and invents bogeymen to justify it.

Lake Como

Moves
91d

@wildgrass said

Increasing the minimum wage shrinks government. Also a fact, through history and econ. projections.

We have 90 years of economic history with a minimum wage in the US and future predictions that all support that statement.

You can point to other countries with other constitutions, histori ...[text shortened]... economy.

Raising the minimum wage is not more government. You're either confused or misinformed.
Wildgrass......$50. FIFTY. What are you off on, do you not get this issue?? Ohhhhh, you are chaaannnnnnging it. Ha, you prove my point abut libs. Just pitiful.

Lake Como

Moves
91d
1 edit

@wildgrass said

The people arriving at Ellis Island had no such programs. Your buddy Marauder last month compared their arrivals to that of the foreign nationals who are illegally here....to whom we give food, housing, money, tansportation and freedom from jail after committing crimes. Ellis islanders got nothing.
I agree with Wajoma, there is no need for the govt to go outside of constitutional guidelines, ......do you not agree? How outside do you want to go, after we all agree to help our 50M destitute citizens who need assistance?

Lake Como

Moves
91d

@wildgrass said
Google diff in libs and conservatives....you will find that we are realists, and you flakes are idealists. Time for you to duck out of this thread. After all, you are so unaware of what a $50 wage would do this country and our economy..... We sposed to read that?
I'd wager you have no stock holdings or meaningful business dealings. Finance, economics, budgeting, spread sheets, business model for next week's meeting? No offense, i just cannot take you seriously.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
91d

@AverageJoe1
And we are supposed to take YOU seriously posting non starters? I see you started another bitch about another non starter, 1500 bucks to homeless folks.
Is this your new hobby? Bitching about non starter ideas?

Lake Como

Moves
91d

@sonhouse said
@AverageJoe1
And we are supposed to take YOU seriously posting non starters? I see you started another bitch about another non starter, 1500 bucks to homeless folks.
Is this your new hobby? Bitching about non starter ideas?
Have you ever written a normal post in your life? Take the $1400 post. It is a true fact, did you know how to click on the link?
Could you fashion a normal response so that we can all get to know you?

JesusSonhouse, you are so strange.

Pawn Whisperer

My Kingdom fora Pawn

Moves
91d

@averagejoe1 said
Have you ever written a normal post in your life? Take the $1400 post. It is a true fact, did you know how to click on the link?
Could you fashion a normal response so that we can all get to know you?

JesusSonhouse, you are so strange.
😆

w

Moves
88d

@averagejoe1 said
Google diff in libs and conservatives....you will find that we are realists, and you flakes are idealists. Time for you to duck out of this thread. After all, you are so unaware of what a $50 wage would do this country and our economy..... We sposed to read that?
I'd wager you have no stock holdings or meaningful business dealings. Finance, economics, budgeting, spread sheets, business model for next week's meeting? No offense, i just cannot take you seriously.
As a realist, you propose getting rid of the benefits programs so that the US no longer needs a minimum wage?

Is that a real proposal?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
88d

@wildgrass said
As a realist, you propose getting rid of the benefits programs so that the US no longer needs a minimum wage?

Is that a real proposal?
Yes, yes it is, yes.

Lake Como

Moves
87d
1 edit

@wildgrass said

Is that a real proposal?
I propose that we be a normal country where everyone is self reliant, and all that that entails. Everyone, excpet for about 50M people that we should totally support.
So that being said, what do you mean by benefit programs. We do buy into SS, and old people qualify for Medicare. We have choices about IRAs and saving, and buying health and supplemental insurance. Are those benefit progams? OK, they are good.
But if you mean giving away money out of the treasury to people who choose to be poor or have too many children, that would be some kind of a discussion.
Since we are polar opposites on that concept, let us have an entertaining discussion. We can begin with FDR NEW DEAL, or fast forward to today when we hand out credit cards to illegals, meds, food, housing, the works. And payiing of loans of losers. You pick the best way to start. We will have lots of readers.
(Just curious...do you consider yourself self-reliant?)

w

Moves
85d

@wajoma said
Yes, yes it is, yes.
Impossible. I guess I've been around too long for your unbridled idealism..

There are real solutions to limiting the slow creep of govt spending, and then there are your ideas you discuss in college poli sci classes that make good essays but are not realistic solutions.