Shocking video about the REAL situation in Gaza

Shocking video about the REAL situation in Gaza

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

q

Moves
29 Jul 14

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I find your views completely and methods of attack of those who disagree with you completely offensive. No one with any credibility thinks Sh76 is offensive, a radical, a dishonest propagandist or a moral disgrace. There is no place on a debate forum to personally attack anyone and your hateful diatribe reflects poorly on you personally.
Americans are not brainwashed. They simply recognize that every nation has a right to defend itself against radical fundamentalists whose express purpose is to attack civilians. I personally hope Israel never backs down. No country should ever tolerate rockets being shot at its citizens and until that stops all force is justified.

D

Moves
29 Jul 14

D

Moves
29 Jul 14

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
29 Jul 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Well gee I hardly think she is likely to go around painting Swastikas on the side of synagogues and as has been mentioned in the forum without refutation there are many in Israel and no doubt in the USA who counter to your claims of a fringe element support the flattening and obliteration of Gazza and the killing of innocent civilians and children. ...[text shortened]... y cannot defend the actions of Israel in any credible way and no wonder, murder is indefensible.
You can't possibly believe that using the phrase "final solution to the Palestinian problem" is an appropriate debating tactic.

rc

Moves
29 Jul 14

Originally posted by Eladar
Robbie,

What is your solution if people are lobbing rockets into your home trying to kill your children?
This has been address by Finnegan, please read his posts and educate yourself. I refuse to do battle against ignorance for against it even the Gods cannot contend.

Civis Americanus Sum

New York

Moves
29 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by quackquack
I find your views completely and methods of attack of those who disagree with you completely offensive. No one with any credibility thinks Sh76 is offensive, a radical, a dishonest propagandist or a moral disgrace. There is no place on a debate forum to personally attack anyone and your hateful diatribe reflects poorly on you personally.
Americans a ...[text shortened]... ld ever tolerate rockets being shot at its citizens and until that stops all force is justified.
Thank you, QQ.

But I am completely serious. Unless and until D changes his/her tone, I'm done engaging him/her.

Time permitting, I don't mind going toe to toe on Israel as I've done with such diverse posters as FMF, No1, Spruce, Shav, RC, Finn, etc. etc., but they were all capable of civilized debate.

D simply accuses everything disagreeing with him/her of lying or being disingenuous and seems completely incapable of civil disagreement.

rc

Moves
29 Jul 14

Originally posted by sh76
You can't possibly believe that using the phrase "final solution to the Palestinian problem" is an appropriate debating tactic.
Its a piece of rhetoric I agree and it is probably used with the intent to reflect that the ongoing criminal activities are no less murderous than those perpetrated by the Nazis, all that is missing is the scale and the rather inefficient way the Israelis are going about it.

D
Losing the Thread

Quarantined World

Moves
29 Jul 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its a piece of rhetoric I agree and it is probably used with the intent to reflect that the ongoing criminal activities are no less murderous than those perpetrated by the Nazis, all that is missing is the scale and the rather inefficient way the Israelis are going about it.
The level of efficiency is rather important. The Nazis rounded up Jews and carted them off to death camps for gassing. The Israelis want the Palestinians to go away for certain, they'll terrorise the population killing a few on the way, but that's not the same as the industrialised systematic murder of the death camps. Comparisons with Apartheid South Africa are more appropriate.

D

Moves
29 Jul 14

q

Moves
29 Jul 14

Originally posted by sh76
Thank you, QQ.

But I am completely serious. Unless and until D changes his/her tone, I'm done engaging him/her.

Time permitting, I don't mind going toe to toe on Israel as I've done with such diverse posters as FMF, No1, Spruce, Shav, RC, Finn, etc. etc., but they were all capable of civilized debate.

D simply accuses everything disagreeing with him/her of lying or being disingenuous and seems completely incapable of civil disagreement.
I certainly understand that if you do not enjoy the conversation that you have better things to do with your time. It is definitely a reasonable position.
I just feel that it is a shame that through verbal abuse of you, your religion and your country, a radical view has hijacked this forum. Anyone who read this discussion (and others on Israel) should realize that it is not really an open forum. Sh76, is likely just one of many with justified pro-Israel views, who do not feel like price of expressing their views -- repeated personal attacks -- is worth it.

rc

Moves
29 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by DeepThought
The level of efficiency is rather important. The Nazis rounded up Jews and carted them off to death camps for gassing. The Israelis want the Palestinians to go away for certain, they'll terrorise the population killing a few on the way, but that's not the same as the industrialised systematic murder of the death camps. Comparisons with Apartheid South Africa are more appropriate.
I don't think even the South Africans employed US manufactured drones to systematically murder people by remote control. Or tie their opponents to the front of cars so as to form a human shield.

D

Moves
29 Jul 14

D

Moves
29 Jul 14
1 edit

rc

Moves
29 Jul 14
2 edits

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I make no apologies for terming it genocide! and neither does Michael Ratner, President Emeritus of the Center for Constitutional Rights and Chair of the European Center for Constitutional and Human Rights.

But what I want to emphasize today is these killings are part of a broader set of inhuman acts by Israel constituting international crimes, carried out by Israel over many years, going back to at least 1947 and 1948. They include crimes that aren't talked about that much in the media or the press, the crimes of genocide, crimes against humanity, and apartheid. These crimes can be prosecuted in the International Criminal Court and are defined there. They include what the well-known Israeli writer Ilan Pappé called incremental genocide. Pappé says he wants to place the barbarity of what Israel is doing in its proper context.

I'm a lawyer. I've looked at genocide. Genocide has two elements. One element is the mental element, the intent to destroy the whole or in part a national or ethnical or racial or religious group. Palestinians are clearly a national and ethnic group. And you don't need to kill them all. You just need to have the mental intent to kill part of them. For example, it would be enough to have the mental intent to kill the leadership of the Palestinians or to kill people in one region. No doubt about that.

Genocide also requires that there be acts of genocide--killing members of the group, causing serious bodily or mental harm, or inflicting conditions of life calculated to bring about the physical destruction, in whole or part, of the people you're trying to destroy. There's no doubt again here this is "incremental genocide", as Ilan Pappé says. iIt's been going on for a long time, the killings, the incredibly awful conditions of life, the expulsions that have gone on for from Lydda in 1947 and '48, when 700 or more villages in Palestine were destroyed, and in the expulsions that continued from that time until today. It's correct and important to label it for what it is.

http://therealnews.com

D

Moves
29 Jul 14