So Trump will be President then

So Trump will be President then

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
69d

@sonhouse said
@PettyTalk
Well Nastydamus predicted it all ends in 2035 or so, Beat Newt by a couple of decades๐Ÿ™‚
If the coming Euro war, Putin against Europe and he pulls the nuke switch, it might end a lot sooner than that.
I'm trying to spread a nasty conspiracy theory plot.

And here is a nice song about Nostradamus from a member of a great English band of the past. It's all in the music. It was written back in 1977.

Regarding the end of the world, I was once told that the end of the world comes for each of us at the moment we die. Think about that, if you will?

Moves
69d

@moonbus said
The important thing about democracy is not how someone gets into power, whether by an election or by some other means, but rather how someone gets out of power: on schedule, in peace and dignity, without plunging the country into civil unrest. Trump proved last time that he does not understand this.
Although democracy is not the ideal form of government, it can still be acceptable, and well tolerated. However, under certain conditions, of which the one you point out, is only the beginning of the end of democracy. Some have already occurred, and others are awaiting to occur with the reelection.

Echoing wise words spoken in the distant past, we may be reminded of the major pitfalls for any well-meaning democracy.

Then come impeachments and judgments and trials of one another.
True.
The people have always some champion whom they set over them and nurse
into greatness.
Yes, that is their way.
This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Yes, that is quite clear.
How then does a protector begin to change into a tyrant? Clearly when he does what the man is said to do in the tale of the Arcadian temple of Lycaean Zeus.
What tale?
The tale is that he who has tasted the entrails of a single human victim minced up with the entrails of other victims is destined to become a wolf. Did you never hear it?
Oh, yes.
And the protector of the people is like him; having a mob entirely at his disposal, he is not restrained from shedding the blood of kinsmen; by the favourite method of false accusation he brings them into court and murders them, making the life of man to disappear, and with unholy tongue and lips tasting the blood of his fellow citizen; some he kills and others he banishes, at the same time hinting at the abolition of debts and partition of lands: and after this, what will be his destiny? Must he not either perish at the hands of his enemies, or from being a man become a wolf–that is, a tyrant?
Inevitably.

Fighting for menโ€™s

right to have babies

Moves
69d

@no1marauder said
Trump will lose AGAIN, probably by a greater margin.
Let’s hope so, just don’t see it; I think Biden is losing some cred.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
69d

?si=sXUYOlw4ZPDD02gK

Seth sums up the logic of wanting to vote for trump.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
69d

@pettytalk said
What's her name is Haley, almost like the Comet, minus the one 'L' which was recommended by someone to help you discern left from right.

"Conspiracy theories surrounding Halley's Comet have historically focused on its potential to cause catastrophic events on Earth, such as the end of the world."

The JOKE will not be on the USA alone. It's a joke that will spread the ...[text shortened]... decipher the future as described in the prophets.""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWkuM2IPbZQ
The line between genius and insanity is gossamer thin for sure.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
69d

@averagejoe1 said
What lie?
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
69d

@divegeester said
Let’s hope so, just don’t see it; I think Biden is losing some cred.
Fear is a greater compulsion than dissatisfaction, well that’s the rubber tyre I’m clinging to.

รœber-Nerd

Moves
69d

@kevcvs57 said
Fear is a greater compulsion than dissatisfaction, well that’s the rubber tyre I’m clinging to.
It is going to be a bizarre election, no matter what. Fear versus stupidity. Nothing to do with policies or past performance.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
69d
1 edit

@moonbus said
It is going to be a bizarre election, no matter what. Fear versus stupidity. Nothing to do with policies or past performance.
I think out of all the western democracies the US has proven itself to be the most easily divided and socially fractured
Hopefully it’s one of those painful transition phases and not the national death spiral it appears to be

Lake Como

Moves
69d

@kevcvs57 said
๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
You don't have one. Just like you don't have one for Tucker Carlson. No lie, so Maruader's post above is ari.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
69d

@averagejoe1 said
You don't have one. Just like you don't have one for Tucker Carlson. No lie, so Maruader's post above is ari.
Are you still harping on about Carlson. I've posted, twice now, links to his obvious lies. You just don't like the answer.

Moves
68d

@no1marauder said
About almost everything. You've claimed to have been employed in about a dozen different professions for example.
a lie like you claiming to be a lawyer? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

rain

Moves
68d

@shavixmir said
https://youtu.be/GT2WmC0YS9Q?si=sXUYOlw4ZPDD02gK

Seth sums up the logic of wanting to vote for trump.
This was amazing. There are times when Seth is just on fire.

Lake Como

Moves
68d

@shavixmir said
Are you still harping on about Carlson. I've posted, twice now, links to his obvious lies. You just don't like the answer.
Links!?!?!? Jesus. The question on the table is to repeat his lie. Leave links to marauder, racism to Sue, Trump to Sonhouse, etc. We all have designated subjects!

Lake Como

Moves
68d

@vivify said
This was amazing. There are times when Seth is just on fire.
Will he do one on Biden? Is there stuff we can roast Biden with? Just askin'.