1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 18:14
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/sep/27/clinton-trump-debate-analysis?CMP=fb_gu
  2. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 20:26
    Originally posted by sh76
    Agreed. The thing he was most truthful on was the tax returns issue. Though the moderator and Hillary kept saying an audit didn't prevent his releasing the returns, Trump never said it did. He said his lawyers don't want him releasing the returns during an audit, which is probably true. Plus, he didn't deny anything. He told plenty of whoppers last night, but none of them involved his tax returns.
    We are left wondering why the lawyers of a prez nominee would advise that way.
  3. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 20:26
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I think Hillary is better debater, but the trouble she has is not talking it is actually doing the
    things that need done, when they need done, the way they need done! People died
    working for her and she lied about it, she put our country at risk with her behavior in how
    she handled her emails. Funny how she thinks she is better at national security when ...[text shortened]... ny of the lies she has told over the years. Trump was pushed was
    about his past was she really?
    Hillary is far from perfect, and yes, her email situation is a real concern, regarding honesty however, I'd take a long, hard look at Donald Trump's, Mitch McConnell's, Bill Clinton's Mitt Romney's, George W Bush's or President Obama's speeches before you cast Hillary as an dishonest, evil witch. Hillary has been no more or less dishonest than any other career politician.
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 20:50
    Originally posted by JS357
    We are left wondering why the lawyers of a prez nominee would advise that way.
    It's quite possible that tax lawyers would have a policy to advise clients to never release tax returns to anyone while being audited, which is quite logical advice. Lawyers in general are not in the habit of relaxing their advice because their client is running for President.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 21:411 edit
    It's quite possible that tax lawyers would have a policy to advise clients to never release tax returns to anyone while being audited, which is quite logical advice. Lawyers in general are not in the habit of relaxing their advice because their client is running for President.
    I assume every Presidential nominee since 1980 has had tax lawyers, but the candidates since then have all released their tax returns.

Trump has come up with various excuses at different times why he doesn't, but they are all unconvincing in the extreme. This is actually one issue (or perhaps non-issue) that might actually hurt him.

EDIT: This poll has typical results on the question whether Trump should release his tax returns; 74% said "yes" including 66% of Independents and even 62% of Republicans. https://www.qu.edu/news-and-events/quinnipiac-university-poll/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2375 Question 48.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 21:58
    Originally posted by mchill
    Hillary is far from perfect, and yes, her email situation is a real concern, regarding honesty however, I'd take a long, hard look at Donald Trump's, Mitch McConnell's, Bill Clinton's Mitt Romney's, George W Bush's or President Obama's speeches before you cast Hillary as an dishonest, evil witch. Hillary has been no more or less dishonest than any other career politician.
    I did not call her names, I do have issues with her that go to her being honest. I have not seen people die or get killed due to a Trump vote or action or inaction as I have Hillary.
  7. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 22:021 edit
    True, but the client can ask for their reason (it might be 'general policy' ) -- and does decide which course of action is in their interests.
  8. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 22:121 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I assume every Presidential nominee since 1980 has had tax lawyers, but the candidates since then have all released their tax returns.

Trump has come up with various excuses at different times why he doesn't, but they are all unconvincing in the extreme. This is actually one issue (or perhaps non-issue) that might actually hurt him.
    I don't get why any candidate should make their tax information public. It's not a requirement, and isn't it the IRS who decides whether someone's taxes are in order or not? I think this began with Lyndon Johnson (if I'm not mistaken) and now it's something of a tradition.

Trump has released information about his health, but all we've gotten from the Clinton camp are 'reassurances' she is in good health. Maybe a deal could be brokered. Clinton releases her health information and Trump releases his tax information. Or since Clinton has already offered her reassurance then Trump could do the same. Trump could say, "I assure you my taxes are all in order. So thanks for your concern, but I'm doing splendidly... in fact, I'm doing much, MUCH better than splendidly."
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 22:13
    I've only watched clips and read various descriptions, but it seems to me that 80 million people watched Trump act like an a**hole.

That about right?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 22:152 edits

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 22:16
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    I don't get why any candidate should make their tax information public. It's not a requirement, and isn't it the IRS who decides whether someone's taxes are in order or not? I think this began with Lyndon Johnson (if I'm not mistaken) and now it's something of a tradition.

Trump has released information about his health, but all we've gotten from the C ...[text shortened]... your concern, but I'm doing splendidly... in fact, I'm doing much, MUCH better than splendidly."
    You are misinformed; Clinton has released far more health information than Trump.http://www.npr.org/2016/09/14/493973180/clintons-doctor-says-she-is-recovering-well-releases-more-health-information
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 22:19

13. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 22:271 edit

14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 22:30
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Duchess: One thing that I have noticed about him is that Donald Trump seems much too arrogant
    to listen seriously to his critics who want to help him and learn from his mistakes.

A common fault of narcissists.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    27 Sep '16 22:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    You are misinformed; Clinton has released far more health information than Trump.http://www.npr.org/2016/09/14/493973180/clintons-doctor-says-she-is-recovering-well-releases-more-health-information
    LOL

( clintons-doctor-says... )

Prince had his own doctor, too.
    As did Michael Jackson.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree