Flat Earth

Flat Earth

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
If the earth is flat, then how can you talk about objects being below the horizon?

I note you keep avoiding this point.
I know it's hard for you to follow the conversation; for proof of this, I read the words you type on your and of the internet which appear on my end... and those words indicate you're either not paying attention or you are not sophisticated enough to grasp the concepts.
Now that's saying a lot, too, because the concepts are exceedingly basic.
Specifically, objects which should be below the horizon (by virtue of their distance from the observer in comparison to the formula for the curvature of a globe) are actually visible to the observer.

Avoiding this point?
I'm the one making it, dimwit.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Apr 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
I wonder how flat earthers explain this satellite image of the entire scene of Antarctica:

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2014/oct/09/why-is-antarctic-sea-ice-at-record-levels-despite-global-warming
Wow.
Just... wow.

That "image" looks so life-like, so real.

🙄

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Apr 16

Originally posted by pawnpaw
I picked up on a website which could inform you a bit better on the subject.
http://freedom-articles.toolsforfreedom.com/2nd-biggest-conspiracy-flat-earth/
You still have to decide for yourself.
The website offers a link to Gizmodo, which provides a still image and a time-lapse video purporting "This is the Definitive Photograph of Planet Earth."
A result of the claimed single-shot taken by Russia's weather satellite, the Electro-L.
Scroll down that page to see the time-lapse of the geostationary system as it captures what must be the earth spinning around the sun over the course of one week.

Some of the unexplained anomalies include:
• no visible stars at any time of day or night
• the slowest moving clouds ever, some days repeated exactly
• sun streaks to the right of the earth at sunrise, but not a single one to the left at sunset

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Apr 16

And this: Operation Highjump, 1947.

http://www.south-pole.com/p0000151.htm

major expedition to Antarctica a large flotilla, 5000 men a large number of boats, went all the way round which kind of blows the flat earth crap out the water.
What did the man in charge, Admiral Byrd, have to say about the expedition?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
30 Apr 16

Originally posted by pawnpaw
I picked up on a website which could inform you a bit better on the subject.
http://freedom-articles.toolsforfreedom.com/2nd-biggest-conspiracy-flat-earth/
You still have to decide for yourself.
Amongst the arguments for a flat Earth:

If the earth is spinning how do planes land on a moving target?

If the sun is 93million miles away how does the heat travel through a vacuum?

LOL

What has happened to education?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Apr 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59

LOL

Yeah, saw that. A site for people only with 2nd grade educations. Yeah, that has to be a real puzzler to that bunch, how EVER can light travel through a vacuum...

That goes along with the objection to airplanes back in 1890: If you were flying like that you would be torn apart by all that wind.

And this:

5000 years ago, Egyptians were just too unsophisticated and uneducated to have ever built the pyramids all by themselves,

Therefore, aliens exist and they came down to help the Egyptians build them, they needed a landing platform......

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Apr 16

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
I know it's hard for you to follow the conversation; for proof of this, I read the words you type on your and of the internet which appear on my end... and those words indicate you're either not paying attention or you are not sophisticated enough to grasp the concepts.
Now that's saying a lot, too, because the concepts are exceedingly basic.
Specificall ...[text shortened]... e) are actually visible to the observer.

Avoiding this point?
I'm the one making it, dimwit.
We have figured you didn't come up with these objections all by yourself, you are just part of a club of likewise idiots who cannot allow themselves to actually live in the 19th century much less century 21.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Apr 16

We have figured you didn't come up with these objections all by yourself, you are just part of a club of likewise idiots who cannot allow themselves to actually live in the 19th century much less century 21.
"We"?!?
Even you have no answer to the facts which have been put to you, so I doubt the rest of those reading are approving your representation for the group.
There are many facts derived from reality which are at odds or directly contradict a globe model.
It is not on me to discover all of them or even any of them.
It is my responsibility to align myself with truth, reality... no matter who reveals it or how it is uncovered.
You've done an exceedingly poor job in representing or establishing any facts which support the untenable globe model.
You've done an exceedingly poor job simply staying on point or addressing what has been put forth.
By way of example of your inability to keep things straight or grasp the concepts in view, how many times was it necessary for me to explain to you which of the models used the term oblate spheroid ?
The links you've provided up to this point have backfired with machined precision, each of them doing more harm to your assertions than good.
The ONLY thing you've been consistent in (not counting being wrong) is trotting out 'conspiracy,' as though the reality of a conspiracy somehow negates the conspiracy's existence!
You have two choices: sharpen your pencil and come up with something--- ANYTHING--- better and at least somewhat compelling; or start examining what has been put right in front of your face... this time with an open mind.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Apr 16

"We"?!?
Even you have no answer to the facts which have been put to you, so I doubt the rest of those reading are approving your representation for the group.
There are many facts derived from reality which are at odds or directly contradict a globe model.
It is not on me to discover all of them or even any of them.
It is my responsibility to alig ...[text shortened]... or start examining what has been put right in front of your face... this time with an open mind.
Have stuck my head out the window, and no, still ain't flat.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Apr 16

Originally posted by wolfgang59

LOL

What happened to education, indeed.
Electromagnetic radiation and thermal energy conversion, right?
Which PERFECTLY explains how the slightest of tilt in relation to that radiating source (which is 93,000,000 miles away) results in differing temperatures on the surface of the earth... while Antarctica remains a frozen mass just a few thousand miles away from people laying on beaches working on their tans.
As far as the problem with air travel, the answer you think you have for it only opens up more contradictions.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Apr 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Have stuck my head out the window, and no, still ain't flat.
You should have opened that window first.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
30 Apr 16

You should have opened that window first.
🙂

British astronaut Tim Peake is currently on the International Space Station. Just to confirm your position, do you maintain that he isn't there? Did he go up in a rocket and then secretly land somewhere on this flat Earth, or perhaps the rocket launch watched by millions was actually an empty rocket?

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Apr 16

Yeah, saw that. A site for people only with 2nd grade educations. Yeah, that has to be a real puzzler to that bunch, how EVER can light travel through a vacuum...

That goes along with the objection to airplanes back in 1890: If you were flying like that you would be torn apart by all that wind.

And this:

5000 years ago, Egyptians were just too unso ...[text shortened]... exist and they came down to help the Egyptians build them, they needed a landing platform......
You say this derisively, without thinking of what is being considered.
Airplanes normally travel at ~500 miles/hour.
Do you think you'd enjoy the trip if you were sitting on a bicycle with only a wooden structure as protection?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
30 Apr 16

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
30 Apr 16

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
🙂

British astronaut Tim Peake is currently on the International Space Station. Just to confirm your position, do you maintain that he isn't there? Did he go up in a rocket and then secretly land somewhere on this flat Earth, or perhaps the rocket launch watched by millions was actually an empty rocket?
I don't know what shenanigans they're pulling with ISS, but I know they're pulling something.
Too many anomalies, fabrications and glitches to be as represented, though.
And the fact that they are still unable to have dropless transmissions simply doesn't add up.
I'm more concerned with what's happening on this plane, however.