"Internet Trolls..."

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm not asking you to elaborate anything. Im asking you if there are any active posters at RHP who fir your declared profile of internet trolls? If so who in your opinion are they?
Most accurate assessment I'm able to make is that we all experience lapses of sound judgment and then exhibit troll-like from time to time.

Note: Did you know that there's an NFL Game today in the London area which begins at mid-morning our east coast time?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Most accurate assessment I'm able to make is that we all experience lapses of sound judgment and then exhibit troll-like from time to time.
Out of currently active members, who would you nominate to ban from the forums if you could?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 39)
100+ Internet Troll Types & Troll Resources

YerATroll:
“YerATrolls are those whining forumites who devote a tremendous amount of time and energy complaining about the tremendous amount of time an energy expended by Troll Bashers and Angry Forumites on the practice of troll-hunting. A self-righteous and hypocritical breed, YerATrolls spe ...[text shortened]... gh to fall for it.” (2006 Ubuntu Forums , Trolls)" (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/
100+ Internet Troll Types & Troll Resources

Copyright Trolls:
“A pejorative term for a party that enforces copyrights it owns for purposes of making money through litigation, in a manner considered unduly aggressive or opportunistic, generally without producing or licensing the works it owns for paid distribution. Critics object to the activity because they believe it does not encourage the production of creative works, but instead makes money through the inequities and unintended consequences of high statutory damages provisions in copyright laws intended to encourage creation of such works.” (Wikipedia)

Crazy Troll: “This guy just makes no sense. You post something about gardening and he claims that all gardeners are women and all women are soul-sucking incubus. Incubi? Who are only out to lure men into bed so they can marry them, then divorce them and take all their money to buy more tomato plants and meth.” Kristen Lamb (2012)

Crybaby: “If someone says something mean to the Crybaby, she’ll become hysterical and swear she’s never coming back to the board. Of course, you’ll see her three days later when she slinks back for more abuse. The Crybaby often tells on you to the mods and swears she’s going to get you banned.” Tamar Love Grande (2010)

Crybaby: “This Internet Troll likes to take everything anyone says super-seriously and ends discussions by flouncing off. Despite promises he or she will not return, this troll always comes back.” (The Band Back Together Project)

Cryer: “They tend to take everything as a personal assault, and love nothing more than feeling offended. And if they can’t feel offended directly, they also love being offended on other people’s behalves.” Robin Edds (2013)

Cuckoo Troll: “Like most trolls, cuckoo trolls are tortured by a terrible nagging fear that no one will ever take what they have to say very seriously. This fear is well justified. Cuckoo trolls try to get round this by mimicking the values of their host community. So, for example, they will seek to mislead with comments like “What makes you think I’m a Labour voter?” or “Actually I’m very open-minded on the subject of climate science.” James Delingpole (2011)

Dead Kid Troll: “Prior to the Internet, “troll” garnered images of the Scandinavian mythological creature, a garish monster that lives under bridges and bothers the Billy Goats Gruff. And if you’ve heard of The Dead Kid Trolls, it’s not hard to see why the name fits. Alexis Pilkington was a high school girl that committed suicide in 2010, and she was cyberbullied after her death. Friends and relatives had to see comments like, “[s]he was obviously a stupid depressed, who deserved to kill herself. she got what she wanted. These types of trolls are certainly the worst; they’re extremely unsettling and counter to any healthy grieving process for a lost friend or child. Of the wretched trolls, these are the worst.” (Criminal Justice Degree Guide)" (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Out of currently active members, who would you nominate to ban from the forums if you could?
Nobody. If I was a Forum Moderator, recommendations would be made to Russ whenever warranted when violations of RHP Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines became egregious and detrimental to maximizing member participation in these public forums.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
You posted the question on what probably would have been the 13th February 2015 where you are.
Today I'll be away from RHP, so will look for it on Monday. Enjoy your day.

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

Today I'll be away from RHP, so will look for it on Monday. Enjoy your day.
No need to look it up if it's too much trouble. Just let me ask you the question I've based on yours here and now, regardless of whether or not you recall asking us it earlier this year: Why do you get your kicks out of criticizing other people in public? And here is a further question based on drewnogal's response to you: Do you do it because you need to be loved?

Moves
04 Oct 15

Nobody. If I was a Forum Moderator, recommendations would be made to Russ whenever warranted when violations of RHP Terms of Service and Forum Guidelines became egregious and detrimental to maximizing member participation in these public forums.
Can you give an example of what type of recommendations you would make to Russ when there were egregious violations of the ToS? And what would you classify as an egregious violation, and has such an egregious violation occurred recently that you could point to as an example?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15
1 edit

So, given that it was you who told us recently that part of the Forum Moderators' job description is to place forum bans for varying periods of time on posters, does that mean you'd refuse to do this part of the job if you were Moderator and seek to pass it off to someone else? I would have thought the whole idea of having Forum Moderators would be to spare Russ the task of making those decisions, right? Why would you clog him up with your recommendations?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15
1 edit

Can you give an example of what type of recommendations you would make to Russ when there were egregious violations of the ToS? And what would you classify as an egregious violation, and has such an egregious violation occurred recently that you could point to as an example?

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
[youtube Johnny Nash]GEstgTAXyec[/youtube]
Lol

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
HE JUST HIT THE SELF-DESTRUCT BUTTTON

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
HE JUST HIT THE SELF-DESTRUCT BUTTTON
Sabbatical time 🙂

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Oct 15
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
No need to look it up if it's too much trouble. Just let me ask you the question I've based on yours here and now, regardless of whether or not you recall asking us it earlier this year: Why do you get your kicks out of criticizing other people in public? And here is a further question based on drewnogal's response to you: Do you do it because you need to be loved?
Asked you to identify the page in another thread which is routine six in terms of online Copy & Paste attribution for which Russ has provided the [threadid]abcdef[/threadid] site feature. However, for our mutual convenience, I’ll reply here: “kicks”? Some USA Entertainer [maybe Frank Sinatra] sang about “Getting or not getting his kicks from champagne…” Though I enjoy fine vintage champagne on special occasions, it's all about conviviality with close friends never about getting "kicks" as you've suggested in another venue. Do I enjoy “critizing other people in public”? Of course not; though I do critique the opinions and speculations of both friends and almost friends in a constructive manner on occasion in these public forums as they do with mine. “Do you do it because you need to be loved?” Narcissism I outgrew as a teenager. My family and trusted friends share a reciprocal love.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Oct 15
3 edits

Originally posted by FMF
So, given that it was you who told us recently that part of the Forum Moderators' job description is to place forum bans for varying periods of time on posters, does that mean you'd refuse to do this part of the job if you were Moderator and seek to pass it off to someone else? I would have thought the whole idea of having Forum Moderators would be to spare Russ the task of making those decisions, right? Why would you clog him up with your recommendations?
Were I to be offered this esteemed position of responsibility,

my first priority would be to learn Russ’ immediate expectations.To do so, my recommendations would be submitted to him for evaluation within the context of expected forum moderator standards of impartialty; disparate treatment has no place on this site if we are to remain competitive with other online correspondence chess sites which also offer public and private clan and club forums. An additional priority would be to contribute to a net overall positive impact on the time management for both my colleague forum moderators and Russ himself. Nothing more or less.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Oct 15
2 edits

Sure. The recommendations would identify specific violations and include a request for his review of previous warnings and bans. An “egregious violation” would simply be any and all violations Russ himself has prioritized for enforcement within the present public forum environment. Last thing in the world I’d presume to do would be to second or third guess the decisions of the sole proprietor of Red Hot Pawn since February 21, 2001.