"Internet Trolls..."

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Which active site member(s) do I think should receive a forum ban and for how long, in my opinion?

None.
Pandering. CHECK

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Pandering. CHECK
Pandering? To whom? I am merely answering my own question.

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

And, by the same token, "posters disagreeing with [b]you, calling you out for your poor forum etiquette or simply being unimpressed by you" (or FMF) is not "unprincipled" either.[/b]
Why do you get your kicks out of criticizing other people in public?

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
That's 2 legendary posts you have come across in the space of a week. Surely that defies the odds? (It's like Boro scoring 2 goals in the same match).

* Is the above a legendary post?
As Bobby is striking out against myself and FMF, he could have squatted out a curly one on robbie's keyboard and he would have calling it "legendary".

Moves
04 Oct 15

And, by the same token, "posters disagreeing with [b]you, calling you out for your poor forum etiquette or simply being unimpressed by you" (or FMF) is not "unprincipled" either.[/b]
You know exactly what I mean by "unprincipled". You are a class act at it.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Oct 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 40)
100+ Internet Troll Types & Troll Resources

Copyright Trolls:
“A pejorative term for a party that enforces copyrights it owns for purposes of making money through litigation, in a manner considered unduly aggressive or opportunistic, generally without producing or licensing the works it owns for paid distribution. Critics object to the ...[text shortened]... e are the worst.” (Criminal Justice Degree Guide)" (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/

Debbie Downer Troll:
“This type of Internet Troll likes to showcase his or her unhappiness with the world by bringing you down.” (The Band Back Together Project)

Domination Trolls: “This is where the trollers’ strategy extends to the creation and running of apparently bona-fide mailing lists.” Team Technology (Beware the Troll)

Done-It-All: “These trolls know and have experienced everything. Their knowledge is paramount and they will drown you in facts and anecdotes until you give up.” Emily Turner, (2013)

Downer: “This troll complains about everything: too much information, not enough information, boring posts, it was better last year, someone else does it better and no one listens.” Emily Turner, (2013)

Elder: “Driven by ‘Escape’ forces. An Elder is an out bound member of the community, often engaging in “trolling for newbies”, where they wind up the newer members often without questioning from other members.” (Crocels Trolling Academy)

Emotionally-Charged Troll: “These Internet Mole People pop up, usually in the form of some other type of troll, to make you feel bad by playing on your emotions.” (The Band Back Together Project)

E-Venger: “Driven by ‘Vengeance’ forces. An E-Venger does trolling in order to trip someone up so that their ‘true colours’ are revealed.” (Crocels Trolling Academy)

Expert: “The Expert knows everything about everything and loves to share his knowledge. He’s a lawyer, a doctor, a senator, a pro-ball player, a historian, an engineer … in reality, of course, he’s an unemployed temp living with his mom.” Tamar Love Grande (2010)" (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/

F

Moves
05 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Since there’s no possibility of thoughtful discussion now we’re done here for awhile. How long? One month or longer depending on whether or not your modus operandi begins to change.
Was your declaration above an example of the behaviour of a so-called Crybaby Troll that you told us about on page 40?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
05 Oct 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 42)

Debbie Downer Troll:
“This type of Internet Troll likes to showcase his or her unhappiness with the world by bringing you down.” (The Band Back Together Project)

Domination Trolls: “This is where the trollers’ strategy extends to the creation and running of apparently bona-fide maili ...[text shortened]... mp living with his mom.” Tamar Love Grande (2010)" (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/

Failoblog Troll:
“Failoblog troll’s dream is to have a blog as successful as the one he trolls. Unfortunately – as you can see for yourself if you’re foolish enough to follow the link he provides to his tragically unread blog, he is incapable of expressing himself coherently, interestingly or amusingly. His tone is bitter, thwarted, envious: like Iago, only without the quick-wittedness or charm.” James Delingpole (2011)

Flamer: “Has no interest in the topics discussed but just wants to cause trouble for their own amusement to lift daily grind boredom.” Emily Turner, (2013)

Flamer: “This Internet Troll likes to cause trouble. Anywhere. With anyone. For any reason. If there’s no trouble to be had? This Troll will cause some. This type of troll is especially fond of using words that aren’t considered PC.” (The Band Back Together Project)

Flirt: “Driven by ‘Social’ forces. A Flirt takes part in trolling to help others be sociable, including through light ’teasing’.” (Crocels Trolling Academy)

Flooder: “The Flooder tries to break forums by posting the same lame thing (LOL! ROTFL!) over and over and over and over and over and over…” Tamar Love Grande (2010)

Fraud Troll: “This person, who claims any number of things to gain the sympathy of the world, has none of the problems he or she claims to have.” (The Band Back Together Project)

Fraud: “Also known as the Romance Scammer or the Deposed Nigerian Prince, the fraud takes pleasure in robbing people of their cash or self respect. If your friends warn you that something seems hinky, PAY ATTENTION!” Tamar Love Grande (2010)" (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Oct 15

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
06 Oct 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 42)

Failoblog Troll:
“Failoblog troll’s dream is to have a blog as successful as the one he trolls. Unfortunately – as you can see for yourself if you’re foolish enough to follow the link he provides to his tragically unread blog, he is incapable of expressing himself coherently, interestingly or ...[text shortened]... s hinky, PAY ATTENTION!” Tamar Love Grande (2010)" (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/

Frost Troll:
“Like an infantile child who proudly sits in his own s..., the Frost Troll’s social ineptitude makes it nearly invulnerable to any criticism. Its Achilles heel is the rejection it faced as a youth. Maybe it was that rather unfortunately timed “cold sore” outbreak which was forever memorialized in the high school yearbook or that embarrassing first time experience with the poor girl’s armpit.” Josh Gross (2013)

Frost Troll: “Taking its name from the loathsome Skyrim creature, you should tread carefully with the Frost Troll. These are the sort of guys who have convinced themselves that being an ar..... qualifies as a legitimate sense of humor. The breed consists of those who blow cigarette smoke into a cancer survivor’s face, or who, even more offensively, wear an Ed Hardy v-neck.

Genuinely Funny Troll: “The concept of trolling isn’t necessarily wrong. Sometimes people say stupid things, and they deserve to be gently ribbed. Occasionally you’ll see someone write something you don’t agree with, and of course you have the right to reply. Keep your tongue in your cheek, don’t be cruel, and wonderful things can happen.” Robin Edds (2013)

Ghost: “Once you’ve become friends with people on Facebook, I think you enter into an agreement of sorts: you both decide to interact with each other and, most importantly, you both decide to use the service. They don’t have a profile picture and the only information that’s filled out in their profile is their name and birth date. They’re a member, but not really.” Don Reisinger, CNET (2008)

Grammar Hag: “This Internet Troll chooses only to pop in and out of your life to point out when you’ve misused a particular word, phrase, or used the wrong context. This troll always does so with a very satisfying flourish.” (The Band Back Together Project)

Grammar Nazi: “They’re physically unable to not point out any and every spelling mistake or grammatical error they find on the internet, and are under the impression that such mistakes instantly discredit what the writer was trying to say. Basically, their d....” Robin Edds (2013)

Griefers: “A common type of troll found on forums and on online games, where they take on very different meanings. Griefers exist to cause problems and delight in stirring up large-scale “flamewars” – Griefers are also (though not always) rude, abusive and sometimes downright cruel: many Griefers do this to provoke their victims into a response.” (Villains Wikia)

Harasser: “Cross this troll and they will find and post your address, weight and financial information on every platform in existence.” Emily Turner, 2013" (to be continued) https://www.ipredator.co/troll/

F

Moves
07 Oct 15

Grammar Hag: “This Internet Troll chooses only to pop in and out of your life to point out when you’ve misused a particular word, phrase, or used the wrong context. This troll always does so with a very satisfying flourish.”
Was your peculiar (and mistaken) lash out about my use of personal pronouns the other day an example of you being a Grammar Hag Troll, do you think?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Was your peculiar (and mistaken) lash out about my use of personal pronouns the other day an example of you being a Grammar Hag Troll, do you think?
Page number?

F

Moves
07 Oct 15

Page number?
You remember the one... you made the words "I" and "me" bold and, even though I was telling a story about something that had happened to me, you made out that some sort of extraordinary use of pronouns had occurred and mentioned the Guinness Book of Records. Surely you haven't forgotten?

F

Moves
07 Oct 15

Grammar Hag: “This Internet Troll chooses only to pop in and out of your life to point out when you’ve misused a particular word, phrase, or used the wrong context. This troll always does so with a very satisfying flourish.”
Are you ever guilty of being a "Grammar Hag", by your own offered definition?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Oct 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
You remember the one... you made the words "I" and "me" bold and, even though I was telling a story about something that had happened to me, you made out that some sort of extraordinary use of pronouns had occurred and mentioned the Guinness Book of Records. Surely you haven't forgotten?
Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 39)
Originally posted by FMF
Here's another question you asked everybody a while back: "Why do some people get their kicks out of criticizing other people in public?"

Page number?"

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby to FMF (Page 39)
Thanks for your prompt reply. "Things You'd Like to Know" has 63 pages. On which of those pages does this question appear?

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby to FMF (Page 40)
Today I'll be away from RHP, so will look for it on Monday. Enjoy your day.

Asked you to identify the page in another thread which is routine six in terms of online Copy & Paste attribution for which Russ has provided the [threadid]abcdef[/threadid] site feature. However, for our mutual convenience, I’ll reply here: “kicks”? Some USA Entertainer [maybe Frank Sinatra] sang about “Getting or not getting his kicks from champagne…” Though I enjoy fine vintage champagne on special occasions, it's all about conviviality with close friends never about getting "kicks" as you've suggested in another venue. Do I enjoy “critizing other people in public”? Of course not; though I do critique the opinions and speculations of both friends and almost friends in a constructive manner on occasion in these public forums as they do with mine. “Do you do it because you need to be loved?” Narcissism I outgrew as a teenager. My family and trusted friends share a reciprocal love.

[b]Were I to be offered this esteemed position of responsibility,

my first priority would be to learn Russ’ immediate expectations. To do so, my recommendations would be submitted to him for evaluation within the context of expected forum moderator standards of impartiality; disparate treatment has no place on this site if we are to remain competitive with other online correspondence chess sites which also offer public and private clan and club forums. An additional priority would be to contribute to a net overall positive impact on the time management for both my colleague forum moderators and Russ himself. Nothing more or less.

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (Page 41)
Memo to FMF & divegeester: Neither of you have remained objectively focused on this thread; rather you’ve both reverted to droning on about off topic forays, clever innuendos and personal attack. Since there’s no possibility of thoughtful discussion now we’re done here for awhile. How long? One month or longer depending on whether or not your modus operandi begins to change. Change in what ways? An objective rather than subjective focus as well as consideration for the needs and wishes of other contributors to this forum. Thanks for your interest in exploring the topic of “Internet Tolls”. By the way, I for one appreciate your facility with language and interesting individual cultural frames of reference. Stay safe. Be well. Regards, Bob

Reply: These are all of my replies to you on the last three pages. Please indicate the specific post you have in mind. Thank you.