"Internet Trolls..."

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Oct 15
1 edit

Memo to FMF & divegeester: Neither of you have remained objectively focused on this thread; rather you’ve both reverted to droning on about off topic forays, clever innuendos and personal attack. Since there’s no possibility of thoughtful discussion now we’re done here for awhile. How long? One month or longer depending on whether or not your modus operandi begins to change. Change in what ways? An objective rather than subjective focus as well as consideration for the needs and wishes of other contributors to this forum. Thanks for your interest in exploring the topic of “Internet Tolls”. By the way, I for one appreciate your facility with language and interesting individual cultural frames of reference. Stay safe. Be well. Regards, Bob

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
HE JUST HIT THE SELF-DESTRUCT BUTTTON
Originally posted by wolfgang59
"HE JUST HIT THE SELF-DESTRUCT BUTTTON"

... thanks, wolfie; trust all is well with you and your dear family.

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
Memo to FMF & divegeester: Neither of you have remained objectively focused on this thread; rather you’ve both reverted to droning on about off topic forays, clever innuendos and personal attack. Since there’s no possibility of thoughtful discussion now we’re done here for awhile. How long? One month or longer depending on whether or not your modus oper ...[text shortened]... nguage and interesting individual cultural frames of reference. Stay safe. Be well. Regards, Bob
Grampy Bobby, in the final analysis (if anyone gave enough of a rat's ass to do one) they would find this fact:

YOU have been forum banned more times than any other regular poster on this site because of YOUR inappropriate behaviour and lack of forum etiquette. Period.

Doug Stanhope

That's Why I Drink

Moves
04 Oct 15

Wow. Looks like we’ve got a troll trying to attack people on this site, derail
meaningful dialog and control our conversation. I suggest that this forum
doesn’t give them that power by ignoring their unproductive comments
and continuing our discussion, or even take a moment to create a guideline
for how we want to deal with trolls.

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15

Memo to FMF & divegeester: Neither of you have remained objectively focused on this thread; rather you’ve both reverted to droning on about off topic forays, clever innuendos and personal attack. Since there’s no possibility of thoughtful discussion now we’re done here for awhile. How long? One month or longer depending on whether or not your modus oper ...[text shortened]... nguage and interesting individual cultural frames of reference. Stay safe. Be well. Regards, Bob
A legendary post

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
A legendary post
That's 2 legendary posts you have come across in the space of a week. Surely that defies the odds? (It's like Boro scoring 2 goals in the same match).

* Is the above a legendary post?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

Asked you to identify the page in another thread which is routine six in terms of online Copy & Paste attribution for which Russ has provided the [threadid]abcdef[/threadid] site feature. However, for our mutual convenience, I’ll reply here: “kicks”? Some USA Entertainer [maybe Frank Sinatra] sang about “Getting or not getting his kicks from champagne…” Though I enjoy fine vintage champagne on special occasions, it's all about conviviality with close friends never about getting "kicks" as you've suggested in another venue. Do I enjoy “critizing other people in public”? Of course not; though I do critique the opinions and speculations of both friends and almost friends in a constructive manner on occasion in these public forums as they do with mine. “Do you do it because you need to be loved?” Narcissism I outgrew as a teenager. My family and trusted friends share a reciprocal love.

So you criticize people in public all the time despite not getting a kick out of it? And in your case, drewnogal was wrong?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

Were I to be offered this esteemed position of responsibility, my first priority would be to learn Russ’ immediate expectations.To do so, my recommendations would be submitted to him for evaluation within the context of expected forum moderator standards of impartialty; disparate treatment has no place on this site if we are to remain competitive with other online correspondence chess sites which also offer public and private clan and club forums. An additional priority would be to contribute to a net overall positive impact on the time management for both my colleague forum moderators and Russ himself. Nothing more or less.

But, as you suggested on the previous page, you'd refuse to do the part of the Forum Moderators' job description that involves placing forum bans on posters for varying periods of time and if you were a Moderator and seek to pass this off to Russ by giving him recommendations, right? That's what you said before, yes?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

Last thing in the world I’d presume to do would be to second or third guess the decisions of the sole proprietor of Red Hot Pawn since February 21, 2001.
Surely the whole idea of Russ having Forum Moderators is to spare him the trouble of making those decisions about forum bans? Why would you not want to do this if you were a Forum Moderator?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

Since there’s no possibility of thoughtful discussion now we’re done here for awhile. How long? One month or longer depending on whether or not your modus operandi begins to change.

Are you really saying that how long you now boycott this web site depends on whether or not you approve of the posts that divegeester and I post while you are away?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Grampy Bobby, posters disagreeing with you, calling you out for your poor forum etiquette or simply being unimpressed by you, is not trolling.
And, by the same token, "posters disagreeing with you, calling you out for your poor forum etiquette or simply being unimpressed by you" (or FMF) is not "unprincipled" either.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Grampy Bobby, posters disagreeing with you, calling you out for your poor forum etiquette or simply being unimpressed by you, is not trolling.
Posting the same response, over and over IS "spam", though.

rc

Moves
04 Oct 15
2 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
That's 2 legendary posts you have come across in the space of a week. Surely that defies the odds? (It's like Boro scoring 2 goals in the same match).

* Is the above a legendary post?
damn your logic and your knowledge of championship football!😠

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by FMF
Well here's the question you asked all of us. Why don't you answer it yourself? Which active site member(s) should receive a forum ban and for how long, in your opinion?
Would there be any use, in your opinion, of course, in requiring trolls to answer their own questions before posting them pointedly to other members to troll them? Might this not lessen these incessant types of troll questions considerably?

F

Moves
04 Oct 15

Originally posted by Suzianne
Would there be any use, in [b]your opinion, of course, in requiring trolls to answer their own questions before posting them pointedly to other members to troll them? Might this not lessen these incessant types of troll questions considerably?[/b]
Which active site member(s) do I think should receive a forum ban and for how long, in my opinion?

None.