Kids

Kids

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
40d

@torunn said
The first step is to make sure that children are well taken care of at home and in school - any sign of neglect should be recognized and action taken. This will cost a lot of money and that's why we have high taxation. Children - our most important asset.
Absolutely right, taxation is far too low here in the UK. There’s not enough to go around with the increase in needs for health, social care and education. We’ve a growing problem with young people who have never worked because of a neglect in supporting their mental health problems, adults now have far more physical health problems than they ever had 50 years ago and teachers are reporting a 1:5 rate of emotional / physical abuse.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
40d

@earl-of-trumps said
lol that's funny.

But let's think about it... does the mafioso guy let his son see him shoot and kill someone? No, of course not.

The way I *think* it would be done, is to farm out the many pieces to be machined and then
send them all to a central location where they are assembled. the $$$ would be staggering.

Guns are here to stay, thank god
Yup, I agree guns are here to stay, until the eventually come up with something even better, providing there is a world left. I am quite happy to be in the fall of my life so to speak.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
40d

@earl-of-trumps said
That legislation would never pass, rusty.
Unfortunately you are correct. Keep the punishment light for the kids so the adults can continue to use guns and get light sentences because of their age. If they are old enough to use a gun they are old enough to serve the time. Sounds harsh but in reality the kid is going to think a little harder on it if he/she were going to see more jail time.

-VR

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
40d

@torunn said
The first step is to make sure that children are well taken care of at home and in school - any sign of neglect should be recognized and action taken. This will cost a lot of money and that's why we have high taxation. Children - our most important asset.
Sounds like the perfect plan but in reality just isn't going to happen anytime soon the way I see it.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
40d

@very-rusty said
Sounds like the perfect plan but in reality just isn't going to happen anytime soon the way I see it.

-VR
I hope you are wrong. We don't accept criminality but we are not willing to sacrifice what it takes to keep our children away from it. The future is in the hands of the young.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
40d

@torunn said
I hope you are wrong. We don't accept criminality but we are not willing to sacrifice what it takes to keep our children away from it. The future is in the hands of the young.
You are absolutely correct torunn, the kids are our future and look at the world we are leaving them, quite a mess we are leaving them to clean up. I hope I am wrong too, but a life time and many decades tells me they will continue to use the children for Crime until tougher laws are made.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
40d

@very-rusty said
You are absolutely correct torunn, the kids are our future and look at the world we are leaving them, quite a mess we are leaving them to clean up. I hope I am wrong too, but a life time and many decades tells me they will continue to use the children for Crime until tougher laws are made.

-VR
We both hope for the best, VR.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
40d

@torunn said
We both hope for the best, VR.
You know I often wonder what I am leaving my Children and grandchildren and great grand children. We know it is going to be left up to those generations to clean up the mess we've made of their world.

-VR

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
40d

@very-rusty said
You know I often wonder what I am leaving my Children and grandchildren and great grand children. We know it is going to be left up to those generations to clean up the mess we've made of their world.

-VR
as a 60s child, flower power etc we were the future and look where we took the world,givig peace a chance went out of the window,we grew old and greedy like our fathers,rivers,tv,parliament all full of crap.......oh happy days.

Moves
40d

@david-burton said
as a 60s child, flower power etc we were the future and look where we took the world,givig peace a chance went out of the window,we grew old and greedy like our fathers,rivers,tv,parliament all full of crap.......oh happy days.
Ya…like the 50s.🤔😉😁

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
39d
1 edit

@great-big-stees said
Ya…like the 50s.🤔😉😁
I was born in the 50s 52 to be precise my dad had come back ftom the war and went back to being a gas fitter hoping for a better world,but the social structure remained the same the haves and the have nots stayed the same so by 69 I was a Hippie and wanted to change the world ....but no matter what I did the status quo remained the same wars all over the globe the uk and the us selling weapons to the highest bidders,the persecuted becomes the persecuter as with Israel my God short f ing memories.

Moves
39d

@david-burton said
I was born in the 50s 52 to be precise my dad had come back ftom the war and went back to being a gas fitter hoping for a better world,but the social structure remained the same the haves and the have nots stayed the same so by 69 I was a Hippie and wanted to change the world ....but no matter what I did the status quo remained the same wars all over the globe the uk an ...[text shortened]... e highest bidders,the persecuted becomes the persecuter as with Israel my God short f ing memories.
I came into the world shortly after the end of WW11, my dad a Canadian soldier and mum a Scottish war bride. They met in Edinburgh on one of his leaves. I grew up in Montreal and was, in the mid 60s, “into” the flower power, free love “scene”. I knew, by then, that man seemed incapable of learning from history and although somewhat into in the “Peace” movement, I was not very optimistic.

Moves
39d

@torunn said
BuT Th@t$ $0cIAl1$M!!!!!!

Moves
39d

@very-rusty said
Yup, I agree guns are here to stay, until the eventually come up with something even better
Oh, they have! Every good, free American citizen should have access to nuclear missiles, surely? It's only what the Founding Fathers, who wrote the Second Amendment in 1776, would have wanted.

Moves
39d

@shallow-blue said
Oh, they have! Every good, free American citizen should have access to nuclear missiles, surely? It's only what the Founding Fathers, who wrote the Second Amendment in 1776, would have wanted.
Hmmmm. Think that was 1787.🤔