Kids

Kids

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
39d

@great-big-stees said
Hmmmm. Think that was 1787.🤔
Yes, that was around the year you were born right? 🙂 J/K of course!

-VR

Moves
36d

@great-big-stees said
Whoosh...

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
29d
1 edit

@the-gravedigger said
The boy was known to have mental problems and his dad bought him a gun. Somewhat irresponsible I would say.
Seems I’ve accidentally removed my post when I tried to quote it. 😏

Well, each parent of the Michigan school shooter has got a 10 - 15 year prison sentence.

Gothenburg

Moves
29d

@drewnogal said
Seems I’ve accidentally removed my post when I tried to quote it. 😏

Well, each parent of the Michigan school shooter has got a 10 - 15 year prison sentence.
Is it the first time it happens that parents are punished in a similar way?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
29d

@great-big-stees said
1789, but you were closer.

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
29d

@torunn said
Is it the first time it happens that parents are punished in a similar way?
I’m wondering whether the ‘child’ is on the autistic spectrum, having inherited this from his parents, indicating a weak capacity to accurately read the emotions of others. I have some family experience of this.

If this is the case I feel that the parental sentences are quite harsh for these ‘first’ offending parents.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29d

@drewnogal said
I’m wondering whether the ‘child’ is on the autistic spectrum, having inherited this from his parents, indicating a weak capacity to accurately read the emotions of others. I have some family experience of this.

If this is the case I feel that the parental sentences are quite harsh for these ‘first’ offending parents.
I understand the boy was 15 of course the Parents should be held responsible, as they bought him the gun if I understood correctly.

-VR

Constant Gardener

The Plot

Moves
29d

@very-rusty said
I understand the boy was 15 of course the Parents should be held responsible, as they bought him the gun if I understood correctly.

-VR
So anyone who buys a gun for a minor will get a similar sentence?

Gothenburg

Moves
29d

@drewnogal said
Will this verdict be precedential?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
29d

@drewnogal said
I certainly hope so if the boy has anger issues! I don't have a gun as I am afraid I may use it on someone in the heat of the moment.

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
29d
1 edit

@very-rusty said
I certainly hope so if the boy has anger issues! I don't have a gun as I am afraid I may use it on someone in the heat of the moment.

-VR
Kids and guns shouldn't be allowed.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28d
1 edit

@torunn said
Kids and guns shouldn't be allowed.
Agreed, Parents should know better than to buy a 15 year old a gun.

If they do they should be responsible for what ever happens.

-VR

Moves
28d

@very-rusty said
I don't have a gun as I am afraid I may use it on someone in the heat of the moment.
If you’re getting into situations where your think you might shoot someone then you should probably stay indoors.

Moves
28d

@very-rusty said
Agreed, Parents should know better than to buy a 15 year old a gun.

If they do they should be responsible for what ever happens.

-VR
My folks bought me a single shot 22 for my 13th birthday. No problems there but I didn’t have “issues” and it was in the 50s. Different times/attitudes. The only thing I shot were paper targets.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28d

@divegeester said
If you’re getting into situations where your think you might shoot someone then you should probably stay indoors.
Like you gooster, trouble seems to follow me around. I go where I want when I want, just don't carry a fire arm because in the heat of the moment I could and would use it. Just that simple. I know my limitations. For example I don't know how long I could stay in a room with you before something would happen. 🙂

-VR