Memo

Memo

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
09 Feb 16

The phantom "thumber" is at hand 😵

Moves
09 Feb 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
At last a confession, so you think that homosexuality is also obscene and unnatural, is that the case?
Why does it say that in the Gospel?

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
Why does it say that in the Gospel?
I just provided the verse Romans 1:26, did you not read it? Now we shall ask you do you think that all Christians who adhere to the Bibles standards on homosexuality are a pernicious cult?

Moves
09 Feb 16

I just provided the verse Romans 1:26, did you not read it? Now we shall ask you do you think that all Christians who adhere to the Bibles standards on homosexuality are a pernicious cult?
Which translation did you quote from?

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16
3 edits

New world translation of the Holy scriptures, feel free to check any other translations and again, do you think that all Christians who adhere to the Bibles standards on homosexuality are a pernicious cult?

Moves
09 Feb 16

New world translation of the Holy scriptures, feel free to check any other translations and again, do you think that all Christians who adhere to the Bibles standards on homosexuality are a pernicious cult?
I don't see the word "obscene" in the translation I'm using.

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16

here is the NIV,

Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.

Here it is even stronger it terms it shameful and unnatural.

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16

well what word do you see?

Moves
09 Feb 16

The New World Translation is the Jehovah's Witness own translation, isn't it?

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16

here is the King James version,

For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature: And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

It terms it vile affections and unseemly

Moves
09 Feb 16

well what word do you see?
I don't see "obsene". The same way I don't see Jesus being presented as God in your translation. I'd say that was a pretty big miss to be perfectly honest.

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16

The New World Translation is the Jehovah's Witness own translation, isn't it?
Yes it is, but you are not escaping that easily. Tell us lest you have forgotten, do you think that all organizations who adhere to the Bibles teaching on homosexuality are a pernicious cult?

F

Moves
09 Feb 16

Originally posted by GHOST HUNTER
I'm anti-gay. Proud of it.
Do you believe, like robbie does, that homosexuality is detestable, an abomination, abhorrent, and is caused by demon possession?

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16
3 edits

I don't see "obsene". The same way I don't see Jesus being presented as God in your translation. I'd say that was a pretty big miss to be perfectly honest.
You think that shameful, vile affections , unseemly are better then fine, tell us what word your translation uses? You were presented with two other translations, shall we use those instead? fine do you think that the Bibles teaching on homosexuality is vile and unnatural or shameful and unnatural NIV version- King James version.

rc

Moves
09 Feb 16

Ibnternational standard version reads,

For this reason, God delivered them to degrading passions as their females exchanged their natural sexual function for one that is unnatural. In the same way, their males also abandoned their natural sexual function toward females and burned with lust toward one another. Males committed indecent acts with males, and received within themselves the appropriate penalty for their perversion.

Here it goes even further, gulp, degrading passions, unnatural, indecent and perverse.