Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 Sep 15

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
"I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights." (A good friend in California who almost joined RHP two years ago but was disappointed by the negative hearsay from his chess club friends)
Two questions spring to mind. How does your good friend in California handle a rainy day, for example? And have you thought of arranging for Russ to get in touch directly to try to persuade your Californian friend to set aside the problem of how many thumbs down you get and join the web site regardless? It would mean more revenue for Russ. Just a thought. 🙂

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Sep 15

"I've learned that you can tell a lot about a person by the way he/she handles these three things: a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights." (A good friend in California who almost joined RHP two years ago but was disappointed by the negative hearsay from his chess club friends)
To be clear, you have a good friend who "almost" joined the site for some spurious reason (as they obviously didn't bother to look for themsleves)...lwho was then told by another friend of theirs that the site was a bad place and so decided not to "join" after all. Is that what you are claiming?

I'm sorry but your story lacks any credibility whatsoever and is I suspect, completely fabricated.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Sep 15

Originally posted by divegeester
To be clear, you have a good friend who "almost" joined the site for some spurious reason (as they obviously didn't bother to look for themsleves)...lwho was then told by another friend of theirs that the site was a bad place and so decided not to "join" after all. Is that what you are claiming?

I'm sorry but your story lacks any credibility whatsoever and is I suspect, completely fabricated.
You haven't a clue as to what went down; nor am I about to spell it out. The anecdotal reference was simply a way
of acknowledging the source of this quotation. Majoring on minor things appears to have become a way of life.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
07 Sep 15

And you couldn't talk this "good friend" into joining?
I'd take the opinion of a good friend over chess club buddies.

Why didn't he? ..............

I suspect you would be embarrassed about your forum presence.
Maybe you put off this "good friend" yourself?

YES

That is much more plausible.

F

Moves
07 Sep 15

You haven't a clue as to what went down; nor am I about to spell it out. The anecdotal reference was simply a way
of acknowledging the source of this quotation. Majoring on minor things appears to have become a way of life.
So, just to be clear, you contend that your peculiar scarcely-makes-sense "anecdote" about your Californian friend is true and not something that you simply made up?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Sep 15

"Mum, ever since last frieday, when we had those big yellow eggs and homemade croissants for lunch, I've been wondering
why sum people open their mouths while their eyes and ears and minds are still closed." ~your son, child anon

Read a book!

Moves
07 Sep 15

"Mum, ever since last frieday, when we had those big yellow eggs and homemade croissants for lunch, I've been wondering
why sum people open their mouths while their eyes and ears and minds are still closed." ~your son, child anon
Isn't he cunning?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Sep 15
1 edit

You are once again making passive-aggressive jibes; talking about what appears to me to be a fictitious person "almost" signing-up to RHP and then ...boo-hoo... not joining up, because someone said it was a bad place here. It's seems to me that you are just making this stuff in order defend your premise that it is uncivilised here because you get stick and multiple thumbs-down for spamming the place up. If you find my observation and insight hard to swallow, it's probably due to the truth of it sticking in your craw.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Sep 15

"Clans: Taunt, goad or ridicule rival clans, or just discuss this team based feature." ~Russ

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Sep 15
1 edit

"my son, one day you'll have the capacity to realize that some people make many decisions from a position of weakness; my hope is that you'll make many decisions from a position of strength which will enhance your life options and happiness and make your dear father and me proud." ~Mum

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
07 Sep 15

Forum Guideline:

> "Repeated posting of the same material (spamming) is not acceptable."

Grampy Bobby this was written by the "Russ". I suggest you "respect his authority"

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Sep 15

"Life is an error-making and error-correcting process." ~Jonas Salk (developer of polio vaccine)

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Sep 15

Forum Guideline:

> [b]"Repeated posting of the same material (spamming) is not acceptable."

Grampy Bobby this was written by the "Russ". I suggest you "respect his authority"[/b]
Agree.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Sep 15

"I'm sorry but your story lacks any credibility whatsoever and is I suspect, completely fabricated."

It's as factual as the name on your birth certificate.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
07 Sep 15

Originally posted by wolfgang59
And you couldn't talk this "good friend" into joining?
I'd take the opinion of a good friend over chess club buddies.

Why didn't he? ..............

I suspect you would be embarrassed about your forum presence.
Maybe you put off this "good friend" yourself?

YES

That is much more plausible.
Originally posted by wolfgang59
"And you couldn't talk this "good friend" into joining?"

This conversation, which occurred during a phone call several years ago, was with a friend whose decisions I respect as he also respects mine.