Things You'd Like to Know

Things You'd Like to Know

General

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
Q. Of the non-English sounds in world languages, which do you find most pleasing and why?
A: I quite like the guttural sounds you hear in Arabic.

Q: How much is Thomas The Tank Engine responsible for the casual opprobrium heaped upon Dr Beeching even though the people who are heaping it are usually too young to know what he did and what things were like before he did what he did?

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

A. Take a taxi. The address is 32 Windsor Gardens, Notting Hill.
I won't be so gauche as to bring marmalade then. Lebanese black, OK?

N

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: I quite like the guttural sounds you hear in Arabic.

Q: How much is Thomas The Tank Engine responsible for the casual opprobrium heaped upon Dr Beeching even though the people who are heaping it are usually too young to know what he did and what things were like before he did what he did?
A. Thomas always had it in for Beeching. Percy was his hatchet man.

Q. What kind of a name is 'Ringo', anyway?

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Q. If this isn't God's fault, where should we send our complaints?
A: Barack Obama, perhaps?

Q: Which way will the cookie of the US intervening in the UK referendum about the EU crumble?

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Q. What kind of a name is 'Ringo', anyway?
A: In the US: maybe for a guy with hair that looks like ringos. In the UK/Aus: maybe a bald headed guy.

Q: How much money could I have earned if I hadn't decide to spend the last several hours posting here?

N

Moves
14 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
A: Barack Obama, perhaps?

Q: Which way will the cookie of the US intervening in the UK referendum about the EU crumble?
A: John Kerry's arguments are perfectly valid, and he's a decent man to boot. I hope that most British people will see that we're better off as a member of the European Union and to leave would be a disaster for Britain.

Q. Which film starring Bill Murray is your favourite?

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

A: John Kerry's arguments are perfectly valid, and he's a decent man to boot. I hope that most British people will see that we're better off as a member of the European Union and to leave would be a disaster for Britain.

Q. Which film starring Bill Murray is your favourite?
A: Lost In Translation.

Q: Why did Coldplay's album sales surge after the Superbowl?

N

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: Lost In Translation.

Q: Why did Coldplay's album sales surge after the Superbowl?
A: Because, for unknown reasons, fewer people understood what a maudlin, emotionally incontinent frame of mind listening to that band produces.

Q: Will the discovery of gravitational waves make you permanently more interested in following physics news stories?

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

A: Because, for unknown reasons, fewer people understood what a maudlin, emotionally incontinent frame of mind listening to that band produces.

Q: Will the discovery of gravitational waves make you permanently more interested in following physics news stories?
A: Physics news stories have no gravitational waves that affect me.

Q: Why was Life of Brian offensive to some Christians?

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by FMF
A: Physics news stories have no gravitational waves that affect me.

Q: Why was Life of Brian offensive to some Christians?
A: I loved/love it.

Q: Why do "grown men", oh let's say like some of the Republican leadership hopefuls at last nights debate, insist on a "Liar, liar, pants on fire" attitude towards each other?

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by Great Big Stees
A: I loved/love it.

Q: Why do "grown men", oh let's say like some of the Republican leadership hopefuls at last nights debate, insist on a "Liar, liar, pants on fire" attitude towards each other?
A. Because they're career politicians rather than leaders who are incapable of focusing objectively on national priorities.

Q. When we say "they" who are "they"?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
A. Because they're career politicians rather than leaders who are incapable of focusing objectively on national priorities.

Q. When we say "they" who are "they"?
A) they are those who them observe.

Q) which of them obseve and convey truth?

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Q) which of them observe and convey truth?
A: As a rule of thumb, I'd say the ones who have virtually no chance of gaining power and even if they did they'd then be stymied by the powers that be.

Q: What percentage of your motoring life have your driven a vehicle on the side of the road that is the opposite of the side of the road on which they drive in the country where you were born?

Australia

Moves
14 Feb 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
A: As a rule of thumb, I'd say the ones who have virtually no chance of gaining power and even if they did they'd then be stymied by the powers that be.

Q: What percentage of your motoring life have your driven a vehicle on the side of the road that is the opposite of the side of the road on which they drive in the country where you were born?
A: zero per cent. That's what taxis are for.

Q: why do we have so many names for the numerical value of zero?

F

Moves
14 Feb 16

Originally posted by Kewpie
Q: why do we have so many names for the numerical value of zero?
A: Because it's so often the way that the biggest fuss is made over things that amount to nothing.

Q: Did light bulbs last longer 40 years ago?