1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 07:39
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Ha, are you trying to turn this place French too.
    This is how it will be if you give them a flag. They think they can take over the place.
  2. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 13:23
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This is how it will be if you give them a flag. They think they can take over the place.
    I think you're wrong.
    If they let our flag in the list all this thread shouldn't exist.
    And I do feel something strange from a guy who love his country so much
    (and have his flag) to speak of 'them' or 'they' like some kind of rats or something.
    Maybe you think there's two kinds of human?
    But I'm not different from you.
    I love my country (Québec) and I want my flag back.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 14:123 edits
    Originally posted by Moraito
    I think you're wrong.
    If they let our flag in the list all this thread shouldn't exist.
    And I do feel something strange from a guy who love his country so much
    (and have his flag) to speak of 'them' or 'they' like some kind of rats or something.
    Maybe you think there's two kinds of human?
    But I'm not different from you.
    You prefer talking about your 'country', not a member of either UN nor FIDE. I prefer talking about the criteria about who should have a flag or not. Is Quebec within the criteria so, of course, the qubeckians should have their flags, if outside the criteria they should not have any flag, whatsoever. This is my opinion, nothing else.

But if any quebeckan try to blackmail, like saying: "If we can't get our flag, then will we terrorize RHP and all its members by prolonging a this discussion forever". I become more and more negative that a non-UN and non-FIDE province should have any rights whatsoever to have a flag of whatsoever appearance.

And trying to bend this discussion into French revolts me in this international arena where English is a priori the language.

And, how dare you comparing my flag with yours? Sweden is a nation fom a long time ago, from a time when Quebec was not drawn on any map! And you, not even having a souveraine 'nation' think it is Eden on earth? Do you know how many countries on this earth have a stronger right to bear a flag than your insignificant little province?

If this is your line of argumenting, then I turn from wanting definite criteria (as has been from the beginning) to be negative to quebec, as a 'nation', sorry, province and its people as a part of Canada and Canadian people and fight their struggle having a flag.

But I am generous. I think you are blinded with your patriotic eyer so you don't know what you really are dealing with. I stay put with my former idea, to wanting to have criteria of who should have a flag and who that shouldn't.

I say that being a member of UN and/or FIDE and/or IOK should render the right letting their people be represented by a flag of their own choosing. This is my opinion, and nothing else.

When Quebeck is a nation being a member of UN, FIDE and/or IOK I agree that you can, even should, have your own flag. Not until then.

Edit:

I've done some research. And nowhere I found that Quebec is a nation, nowhere. In a referendum at the 80ies even the quebecians themselves didn't want a split from Canada. Quebec is just a province of Canada.

I got some critics for writhing they and their, asking if I think the quebeckians are some other kind of human than the rest of us. But then, what do the quebecians see them self as? Some kind of better Canadians than the others? What gives a little click of people to speech for their fellows who clearly don't want to have a nation of their own? Isn't Canada good enough? Do the quebecian patriots think themselves like some gods? Better than anyone else?

And I've found out why they take RHP as an arena of political discussions: It is election soon in Quebec and they do whatever to try convince everyone of their own rightfulness in this question. They'd hijacked the forum of RHP for their political propaganda. Do we allow them that? I don't think so.

Quebec is not a nation. They are not a member of UN, FIDE and IOC. They should not have their flag in RHP. This is my opinion.
  4. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 15:38
    Dear FabianFnas,

I'm not hijacking RHP.
    Nobody force you to paricipate at this thread but it's nice that we can exchange in a polite manner on that subject among others.
    I'm always writting in english except to respond to a agressive message in french by darvlay
    I don't think that we (Québécois) are better than anybody.
    You may think that Québec is insignificant and little.
    I'm not comparing Sweden to Québec but the same attachment to our nations.
    I'm not blinded and I'm fully aware of what I'm dealing with.
    I fully agree that Québec is not a country in a sens of UN or FIDE.
    And if these are the criteria so be it for every flags in RHP (what it is'nt now)
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 16:09
    Dear FabianFnas,

I'm not hijacking RHP.
    Nobody force you to paricipate at this thread but it's nice that we can exchange in a polite manner on that subject among others.
    I'm always writting in english except to respond to a agressive message in french by darvlay
    I don't think that we (Québécois) are better than anybody.
    You may think that Québec is in ...[text shortened]... IDE.
    And if these are the criteria so be it for every flags in RHP (what it is'nt now)
    I take that for an apology. It's up to you and every else of the quebeqians to stand for this new line of yours.

As I said and always have been sayng: Define the criteria first and then see what falls inside and what falls outside. The flags that is not represented by UN, FIDE and/or IOK shouldn't be there. Quebec falls outside and shouldn't have any flag of their own in RHP. This is my opinion.

You, and others fighting quebec liberators, whould understand that this is political discussions. This struggle of yours should not be fought in the help forum. Go elsewhere!

You all have turned me against Quebec. Vive la Canada!
  6. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 16:411 edit
    Fabian, you are allowed your opinions just as i am allowed mine. RHP forum is not the proper place to speak about this, I agree. So simply put back a flag that was taken away, or give us a good explanation why it should not.

And before giving any kind of comment on a political situation you are not aware about, make sure you do more than a few google searches.

this is my last post on the subject.

EDIT: Canada's prime minister recognizes that Quebec is a nation btw. google that and u will see.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 16:53
    Originally posted by climb2high
    Fabian, you are allowed your opinions just as i am allowed mine. RHP forum is not the proper place to speak about this, I agree. So simply put back a flag that was taken away, or give us a good explanation why it should not.

And before giving any kind of comment on a political situation you are not aware about, make sure you do more than a few google searches.

this is my last post on the subject.
    First: I can't put back your flag, don't try to pretend otherwise.
    Secondly: Quebec is not a nation, it's a part of Canada. Only nations can be a member of UN, FIDE and IOK.
    Thirdly: The citizens of Quebec don't want to split from Canada, they said it 1982 themselves.
    Fourthly: Political discussions shouldn't be a part of help forum. You are using the help forum as a part of your political propaganda. You should do your agitation before the election elsewhere.
    Fifthly: You turned me against your cause. Quebec should be loyal to your country, Canada. Your flag as a national flag is ambiguous, you have one already, the one with a leaf, quite pretty too, if you ask me..
    This is my opinion!

I'm glad that your agitations stops here.
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 18:09
    First: I can't put back your flag, don't try to pretend otherwise.
    Secondly: Quebec is not a nation, it's a part of Canada. Only nations can be a member of UN, FIDE and IOK.
    Thirdly: The citizens of Quebec don't want to split from Canada, they said it 1982 themselves.
    Fourthly: Political discussions shouldn't be a part of help forum. You are using the ...[text shortened]... , if you ask me..
    [b]This is my opinion!

I'm glad that your agitations stops here.[/b]
    climb2high stated clearly in his last posting that "Fabian, you are allowed your opinions just as i am allowed mine." and ended his posting with "this is my last post on the subject."

Not long took it for him to send a personal PM: "i can't believe how pathetic you are."

So now he is, in the name of Quebec, denying my right to have my opinion, he is also terrorizing me with insults. Is this the kind of Quebec he wants to create? A nation where no other opinion than his own, the permitted opinions only, worldwide, is welcomed?

He ends his personal PM to me with: "so as metionned earlier, plz dont try to affirm your psuedo-knowledge here."

Thank you. My opinion is no heightened to be a knowledge. Thank you for this.

He is trying to start a war. I want peace. Quebec thing is not mine. I could repeat my opinion, but I think that everyone open enough to read my postings knows it already.

Is this the last posting? Or do you want further to harass your friends?

Last posting he wrote he said that "this is my last post on the subject." Let's hope this is really the case. This is the help forum, not a forum for political agitation.
  9. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 18:15
    climb2high stated clearly in his last posting that "Fabian, you are allowed your opinions just as i am allowed mine." and ended his posting with "this is my last post on the subject."

Not long took it for him to send a personal PM: "i can't believe how pathetic you are."

So now he is, in the name of Quebec, denying my right to have my opinion, he is ...[text shortened]... his is really the case. This is the help forum, not a forum for political agitation.
    😲
  10. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 19:05
    Hey Fabian!

I tried your flag! Very pretty,
    I'll borrow yours for a couple of days.

P.S. You should say Vive le Canada and not Vive la Canada...
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Mar '07 19:17
    Hey Fabian!

I tried your flag! Very pretty,
    I'll borrow yours for a couple of days.

P.S. You should say Vive le Canada and not Vive la Canada...
    You're welcome, but it's not my flag only. I share it with 9 million other Swedish people.

And thank you for the correction. Francais is not my langue maternelle. Vive le Canada, with all its provinces!

Canada is a country that I hold high. It is populated with a lot of friendly people! I would gladly like to go there and experience it from within.
  12. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 00:20
    You're completly right,
    Canadians and Québécois are very relax people.
    I'd like to visit country like Sweden, Norway and Finland some day.
    You and I share the same type of climat but you're older
    culture than ours and it's very interesting.

I have a lot of Ikea furniture! 😉

Don't think about us too hardly, we're not terrorist!
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 09:25
    You're completly right,
    Canadians and Québécois are very relax people.
    I'd like to visit country like Sweden, Norway and Finland some day.
    You and I share the same type of climat but you're older
    culture than ours and it's very interesting.

I have a lot of Ikea furniture! 😉

Don't think about us too hardly, we're not terrorist!
    I continue our friendly conversation in private PMs, Moraito, in order not to clutter the forum with this line of off topic postings, if you don't mind.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    12 Mar '07 13:351 edit
    Est-ce qu'ils peuvent chanter la National Anthem du Quebec? N'être pas timide! Je ne te hue pas comme ils font au Centre Bell.
  15. Joined
    02 Mar '07
    Moves
    13 Mar '07 13:051 edit

J'ai une solution: affiche ton drapeau québecois comme avatar, comme ça il apparaîtra à côté de ton nom, dans les forums...comme l'a fait FabianFnas d'ailleurs.

Et voilà!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree