Quebec flag

Quebec flag

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS

Moves
13 Mar 07
2 edits

See? I'm right.

Speak english so everyone can understand, like they do in your country please.

F

Moves
13 Mar 07

Originally posted by Dulce de leche
J'ai une solution: affiche ton drapeau québecois comme avatar, comme ça il apparaîtra à côté de ton nom, dans les forums...comme l'a fait FabianFnas d'ailleurs.

Et voilà!
C'est une solution très bonne. Je l'ai fait et vous pouvez faire le même. Allez chercher une bonne image de votre drapeau québecois et le mettre en votre Settings et voilà.

Mais porquois ecrire en francais? Il n'y a pas de secrets, hein?

Ddl

Moves
13 Mar 07

Originally posted by FabianFnas
C'est une solution très bonne. Je l'ai fait et vous pouvez faire le même. Allez chercher une bonne image de votre drapeau québecois et le mettre en votre Settings et voilà.

Mais porquois ecrire en francais? Il n'y a pas de secrets, hein?
Non, il n'y a pas de secret. Donc pourquoi est-ce que tu écris en français, toi aussi? 😉

Ddl

Moves
13 Mar 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
See? I'm right.

Speak english so everyone can understand, like they do in your country please.
Sorry, how rude of me. I said to Moraito to do what FabianFnas has done, that is to put up a photo of his flag as an avatar. This way, he would have his flag next to his name, problem solved.

F

Moves
13 Mar 07
2 edits

Originally posted by Dulce de leche
Non, il n'y a pas de secret. Donc pourquoi est-ce que tu écris en français, toi aussi? 😉
Excusez-moi, le mecs, mais I wanted to be a part of the discussion, moi aussi.

And this, chers amis, opens a discussion of the need to non-english forums. Pourqoui un forum francais? O un foro espanol? Vielleicht ein deutsches Forum ? Eller rentutav ett forum på svenska? Wouldn't that be fun? Nicht wahr, n'est-ce pas, no es así, eller hur?

M

Montréal, Québec

Moves
14 Mar 07

Wow! Fabian

You sprechen mucho langues!

DS

Moves
14 Mar 07

I speeka da babel fish. 🙂

M

Montréal, Québec

Moves
26 Mar 07

I'm happy to see that Russ is reading the forum.

So since we didn't get a real answer for taking out the flag of Québec,
I'm asking here : Why?

Like I said before if the reason is that Québec is not a country
so why do you have the welsh flag in your list for example?
If you have another reason so I'll be more than happy to know it.

The utility of the flag is not just cosmetic it allow all quebecer to
play game and exchange together. I like playing with people all over the world, but it's great to make friendship with people around.

And I don't see what problems it may cause to anybody here.
I've send you the flag like you asked me, than you refuse to put it on the list, than, you add it few months ago and than pull it back.

I think that the 44 people who put the Quebec flag beside their name deserve a true explanation.

Thanks Chris and Russ to be kind to tell us the truth.
Keep up your good work the site is very cool.

DS

Moves
26 Mar 07

Originally posted by Moraito

Like I said before if the reason is that Québec is not a country
so why do you have the welsh flag in your list for example?
If you have another reason so I'll be more than happy to know it.

Wales has been a country since the year dot...

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0777807.html

R

Winnipeg, Canada

Moves
29 Apr 07

It is very insulting to the nation of Quebec to remove its flag. Clearly many people identify with that flag more than Canada's. Why remove it?

I could understand if there was some standard criteria consistantly applied to the inclusion of flags, and Quebec did not meed that criteria (such as membership in either the UN or FIDE) but there is not. There are dozens of flags included that do not meet this criteria (Taiwan, Northern Ireland...). To remove the Quebec flag and not these others is simply a slap in the face to the Quebec nation.

Why not just include every flag that there is a sufficient demand for? (say 15 people) This would avoid the whole issue. And I am also very curious why the Quebec flag was removed in the first place. It just appears so insulting to single out Quebec!!!

(And I write this is a non-Quebecois Canadian! Without a doubt Quebec is a distinct, and long-standing nation within Canada)

DS

Moves
29 Apr 07

Originally posted by RageKage
.....and long-standing nation within Canada)
Quebec is not a country. 😴😴😴
That seems to be the criteria.

R

Winnipeg, Canada

Moves
29 Apr 07
1 edit

Quebec is not a country. 😴😴😴
That seems to be the criteria.
If a country is defined as being a member of the United Nations, then niether are dozens of others with flags on this site (including England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Taiwan...)

So that is clearly NOT the criteria for having a flag on this site. The point is that there does not seem to be any consistant criteria, so it is unfair and insulting to single out the Quebec flag for removal.

DS

Moves
30 Apr 07

Originally posted by RageKage
If a country is defined as being a member of the United Nations, then niether are dozens of others with flags on this site (including England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, Taiwan...)

So that is clearly NOT the criteria for having a flag on this site. The point is that there does not seem to be any consistant criteria, so it is unfair and insulting to single out the Quebec flag for removal.
Membership of the UN is not what I said.

All countries are not necessarily members. England, Scotland,and Taiwan are without any shadow of a doubt, countries.
Quebec is NOT.

I thought this had all been decided earlier in this thread.

R

Winnipeg, Canada

Moves
30 Apr 07
1 edit

Membership of the UN is not what I said.

All countries are not necessarily members. England, Scotland,and Taiwan are without any shadow of a doubt, countries.
Quebec is NOT.

I thought this had all been decided earlier in this thread.
No, I read the thread and it is not settled.

How are England or Scotland "without a shadow of a doubt" countries? Does each have its own army? Embassies? What about Puerto Rico? What about Northern Ireland, and Wales? Why do these entities have more a claim to being "a country" then Quebec?

Certainly they are all nations, but they are not independent states. The word "country" can mean either a national territory, or a state. Either definition makes sense, as long as you apply it consistently.

Any standard that would include Scotland or Wales as a country, must also include Quebec.

DS

Moves
30 Apr 07
1 edit

Scotland
n : one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of
Great Britain and Northern Ireland; located on the
northern part of the island of Great Britain; famous for
bagpipes and plaids and kilts

Wales
n : one of the four countries that make up the United Kingdom of
Great Britain and Northern Ireland; during Roman times
the region was known as Cambria [syn: Cymru, Cambria]

Quebec
n 1: the French-speaking capital of the province of Quebec;
situated on the Saint Lawrence River [syn: Quebec City]
2: the largest province of Canada; a French colony from 1663 to
1759 when it was lost to the British

I would like to point out to you that I personally have no worries one way or the other regarding Quebec having a flag at RHP.
But even that wouldn't make them into an actual country.

http://www.dict.org/bin/Dict?Form=Dict3&Database=gcide