16 Sep '11 17:49
    DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU'VE MADE ME DO? DO YOU TREV?!~
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 18:03
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    DO YOU SEE WHAT YOU'VE MADE ME DO? DO YOU TREV?!~
    rec one of rusty's posts? lol good times.
  3. lookin' at ya'
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 21:10
    as i use auto debit would i have to keep adjusting that at every price increase?that would be a blo.
  4. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 22:10
    GameKnot's lowest subscription level is $84 per year - and you're still limited to 30 games ...
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 22:37
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    GameKnot's lowest subscription level is $84 per year - and you're still limited to 30 games ...
    So you agree that paying $15 for here is ridiculous. Thank you.
  6. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 22:462 edits
    The Gold is 39.99 per year & you are limited to 50 games at a time.

$6.99 / month
    $6.99 per month 30 game at a time.

$39.99 / year 50 games at a time.
    $3.33 per month

$59.94 / year 100 games at a time
    $4.99 per month

$89.90 / year 200 games at a time
    $7.49 per month

I got a life time membership on their 10 anniversary Special for 400.00 and something U.S. . I believe my games are unlimited.

So $40.00 for unlimited games & forums to play in, etc., etc., etc., is a fantastic deal!!!
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 22:52
    who brought Trev's subscription?
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    16 Sep '11 23:14
    Originally posted by Silverstriker
    Yes, seems rather curious with a certain poster suggesting they'd buy it..then again, another chap has complained of what he's been forced to do, buy it for him perhaps...either way I do hope the new ( re ) subscriber will utilise this stroke of good fortune and make good on a recent comment and play in the damned leagues..they're going down the pan here !!
  9. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 00:05
    I saw the alert mod icon before i noticed my star 😉
  10. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 15:37
    Who gives a FF about gamecrapknot prices?
  11. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 15:38
    His boyfriend.
  12. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 15:47
    Originally posted by trev33
    We've been here before. It's not comparable to car insurance, it's comparable to a Chinese takeaway... do you expect to get your chicken fried rice at the old price just because it's your regular Chinese with the newbie noobs paying the new higher price or do you expect the same price for all for the SAME PRODUCT?

There's no high risk customers at a Chinese takeaway or at RHP, you pay the money and you receive the product. Simple as that.
    Car insurance an annual premium
    RHP membership an annual premium
    Chinese takeaway - as and when desired

No comparison.

It's like your Sky package/interet package etc, tell them you are leaving to go elsewhere and the current price drops - WHY? THEY WANT YOU TO STAY.

The difference is that Russ decided that he wants to keep subscribers and by doing so he fixed the price for existing subs. Who knows in a years time he may decide to fix the price again and let current subs who are paying $40 continue to pay $40 but start charging new subs $50.

It would be interesting to see how many existing subs play no games per year, but because they auto subscribe annually they pay the moeny anyhow, just because they are too lazy to cancel the annual payment, or just don't notice it.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 16:07
    Originally posted by trev33
    We've been here before. It's not comparable to car insurance, it's comparable to a Chinese takeaway...
    Says you.

Says not the site owners.

It's their site. They can do with it what they want.

If you think their pricing policy is unfair, that is irrelevant to them, since it is their site and not yours.
    If you think their pricing policy is commercially unviable, that is even more irrelevant to them, since they have access to their books and you do not.

You can argue all you want, but they have both inside information and their ownership of the site on their side. They're never going to listen to you, and no more should they.

Richard
  14. SubscriberVery Rusty
    Treat Everyone Equal
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 17:042 edits
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Who gives a FF about gamecrapknot prices?
    It shows you what you are getting for FREE (ok a cheaper price) that others have to pay more for.

Also that even 40.00 is a good deal.

I was paying by money order when I joined in 2006 so my subscription wasn't re-occuring so I believe my yearly fees went up also.

Did I complain about it? NO, because I know the prices at other sites, & what you get for your money.

I believe the ones who are paying $15.00 & have stuck with the Site from the beginning deserve the cut...OK there might be one exception, but I will not name names as that will only remove my post. 😉
  15. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Sep '11 17:07
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Car insurance an annual premium
    RHP membership an annual premium
    Chinese takeaway - as and when desired

No comparison.

It's like your Sky package/interet package etc, tell them you are leaving to go elsewhere and the current price drops - WHY? THEY WANT YOU TO STAY.

The difference is that Russ decided that he wants to keep subscribers and by d ...[text shortened]... anyhow, just because they are too lazy to cancel the annual payment, or just don't notice it.
    You really can't compare this site to car insurance, they might both be annually but that's where the similarities end. Car insurance is performance related, not loyalty related. Doesn't matter how many years you stay at the same car insurance company, if you're in an accident and need to claim your price will go up.

RHP has a loyalty related policy for a product that is the same to all paying subscribers based on how long you've been on the site, it's basically the equivalent of a Chinese restaurant keeping prices constant for their regulars but raising them for new/sporadic customers.

And it's not like your Sky package, that will go up in price to the same as new customers. Yes if you call to say you're going to cancel you'll over you a better deal but they do that to new customers wanting to cancel as well. You're probably closer with the Sky comparison to the car insurance one though.

Maybe it works for Russ and his business, maybe not. There's no way for me, or him unless he tries it to ever find out.

It's pretty sad hearing people defend paying $25 less than others.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree