Subscription Price

Subscription Price

Help

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
21 Sep 11

Originally posted by adramforall
Why does it irk you so much that its more than $1 a year?

Surely the only one to decide the level of discount should be site owners who are running the business?

How would your model work for a previous sub of 8 years who lapsed for 11 months and then came back.

What about someone with 8 years previous membership involved in a car crash who g ...[text shortened]... fair to penalise them due to circumstances beyond their control?

Where do you draw the line?
"Surely the only one to decide the level of discount should be site owners who are running the business?"

Well duh. The only people who get to run the country are in the government, does that mean no one else is allowed to suggest anything?

If he'd been a sub for 8 years, he'd get $8 off his next subscription. I thought '$1 off for every year' covered that, i didn't say anything about a continuous subscription.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
21 Sep 11

Originally posted by Trev33
"Surely the only one to decide the level of discount should be site owners who are running the business?"

Well duh. The only people who get to run the country are in the government, does that mean no one else is allowed to suggest anything?

If he'd been a sub for 8 years, he'd get $8 off his next subscription. I thought '$1 off for every year' covered that, i didn't say anything about a continuous subscription.
All this over a 2 week ban... tsk tsk. Perhaps you should invest in a time machine and slap yourself around for being stupid.

P-

Moves
21 Sep 11

Originally posted by Phlabibit
All this over a 2 week ban... tsk tsk. Perhaps you should invest in a time machine and slap yourself around for being stupid.

P-
🙄

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
21 Sep 11

🙄
😏

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
21 Sep 11

P-
Two weeks !! Two miserable weeks !! He threw his toys away because he got a two week forum suspension !!

Jesus wept.

skeeter

Moves
21 Sep 11

Originally posted by skeeter
[b]Two weeks !! Two miserable weeks !! He threw his toys away because he got a two week forum suspension !!

Jesus wept.

skeeter[/b]
I stopped subscribing because i was going to S. America for 8 1/2 months... I threw my toys away because i was getting banned for 2 weeks every time i farted. This account was born and i was forum banned until i resubscribed 10 months later.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
22 Sep 11

I stopped subscribing because i was going to S. America for 8 1/2 months... I threw my toys away because i was getting banned for 2 weeks every time i farted. This account was born and i was forum banned until i resubscribed 10 months later.
Whatever. You dont get a suspension for farting much less banned. You obviously ignored the warnings and took exception. Tough. You had a hissy fit because of the suspension and jumped off the waka.

When faced with paying a newbie sub you bleat long and loud until some sucker sponsors you. You're just a parasite Trev, but that's not the worst of it - you are a stupidly ignorant parasite.

skeets

Moves
23 Sep 11

I don't think you've even read anything i've said, i'm not telling them how to run their site i'm merely saying i don't think it's fair that some people are paying $15 (or less) while others are forced to pay $40.
In other words, you're not telling them how to run their site, you're just telling them that the way they do run their site is wrong.

Yeah, that helps.

Richard

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
26 Sep 11

I just wanted to clarify the situation (hopefully) here in one post.

- If you have a recurring sub, and keep your card on file updated (emails reminders are sent in good time to the email used when the order was placed, not the email address used on the site) then the initial subscription price stands.
- If you cancel or buy a non-recurring sub, then any further renewals will be at the current price.

That said, we do not foresee an increase in subs happening for many years right now, unless there is a sudden unexpected inflation in costs - particularly hosting, which we are most sensitive too (we have used an expensive but very reliable hosting company since very early on in the life of RHP).

And even if this did happen, we would try to keep any increase approximately inline with any inflation anyway. We understand we are talking online chess here, not buying groceries for your family, and therefore it is obviously quite prices sensitive.

Regarding some starless players with benefits, there are a few remaining active members on the site for whom this is true. These guys invested in us at such an early stage of the life of this site, they took a gamble, and it worked out for them. We are still here, they can still enjoy the site, but we could have equally also just pulled the plug a few months later had things not worked out.

They also get to see ads still, so it is not exactly equivalent to a paying subscriber benefits.

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by Russ
I just wanted to clarify the situation (hopefully) here in one post.

- If you have a recurring sub, and keep your card on file updated (emails reminders are sent in good time to the email used when the order was placed, not the email address used on the site) then the initial subscription price stands.
- If you cancel or buy a non-recurring sub, then any fu ...[text shortened]... They also get to see ads still, so it is not exactly equivalent to a paying subscriber benefits.
We know the situation and we all understand the starless players.

We were talking about this and if it's fair on new subscribers.

"- If you have a recurring sub, and keep your card on file updated (emails reminders are sent in good time to the email used when the order was placed, not the email address used on the site) then the initial subscription price stands."

I understand showing loyalty to long term subscribers but letting people pay as little as $15, possibly less with others when recent subscribers are paying $40 for the same product is ridiculous.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
26 Sep 11
1 edit

How many "wingless original pawnstars" are still around?
How many subscribers are still getting their $15.00 per year rate?

I'm just guessing, but it probably isn't very many of either.
It would be interesting to see some numbers.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
26 Sep 11

"- If you have a recurring sub, and keep your card on file updated (emails reminders are sent in good time to the email used when the order was placed, not the email address used on the site) then the initial subscription pr ...[text shortened]... y less with others when recent subscribers are paying $40 for the same product is ridiculous.
It's not very fair to all the users who have been banned from this site if we let any back. I think Russ should enforce ALL BANS he ever issued. I mean, how fair is it to subscribers being around users who were banned from the site and let back in? What if they get a ban? They probably won't be let back in. All users should be treated as if they joined yesterday.

P-

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
26 Sep 11
1 edit

"- If you have a recurring sub, and keep your card on file updated (emails reminders are sent in good time to the email used when the order was placed, not the email address used on the site) then the initial subscription pr y less with others when recent subscribers are paying $40 for the same product is ridiculous.
Bluddy hell, get over it.

The man who owns and runs the site has taken time out to explain how and why he does what he does.

That is the end of the matter. CASE CLOSED.

If you are not happy there are loads of other sites to go to instead.

-------------------------> EXIT

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
26 Sep 11

It's not very fair to all the users who have been banned from this site if we let any back. I think Russ should enforce ALL BANS he ever issued. I mean, how fair is it to subscribers being around users who were banned from the site and let back in? What if they get a ban? They probably won't be let back in. All users should be treated as if they joined yesterday.

P-
Surely you don't mean that some people on here have started second accounts with different names. 😲😲😲

Surely that is contrary to the TOS.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by adramforall
Bluddy hell, get over it.

The man who owns and runs the site has taken time out to explain how and why he does what he does.

That is the end of the matter. CASE CLOSED.

If you are not happy there are loads of other sites to go to instead.

-------------------------> EXIT
Just another case of 'squeaky wheel gets the grease'. The admin responding and explaining could have been doing IMPORTANT WORK but Trev is so bitter and blinded and reaching at straws to bring misery to long time users of the site all because of a 2 week ban from the forums he couldn't bring himself to serve.

You see, if Trev got his way and ALL users had to pay the 40 dollars he wouldn't feel so stupid and hurt over the HUGE mistake he made. There would be no mistake made, erased in a sense. But it gnaws at him night and day now... so as fruitless as his mission is, he will not give up. He can't now, he's come too far to turn around now.

Its really very sad in a way. That kind of sad that makes me laugh and point.

P-