New World Champion

New World Champion

Only Chess

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Oct 07

Originally posted by no1marauder
My evaluation was and is that the players at Mexico City were weaker than Kramnik, Anand and Topalov (besides Kramnik and Anand). Who doesn't agree with that? I can't help it if you can't understand such a simple point; ask your mommy to explain what the word "weaker" means to you.
Your evaluation was the players of Mexico (except Kramnik and Anand) are not great players.

Btw. How old are you? Don`t you know that boys under 13 are not allowed to play here?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 07
1 edit

Originally posted by Korch
Your evaluation was the players of Mexico (except Kramnik and Anand) are not great players.

Btw. How old are you? Don`t you know that boys under 13 are not allowed to play here?
That is a patent falsehood. My claim was that they would not be considered among the ten greatest players of all-time. Learn how to read and/or stop lying.

EDIT: From page 23: )\

There are no players playing there except Kramnik who would even be in the discussion of the 10 greatest players of all-time. The tournaments you mention had Lasker, Capablance, Rubinstein, Alekhine, Botvinnik, etc. etc. etc. Many of those tournaments had 3 or more of the greatest players of all-time. I like Gelfand, Moroveich and a few others, but legendary players they are not.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 07
1 edit

You have problems to read - my argument was that in tournaments there are usually no more short draws than in world championship matches
Well let's see:

Number of draws under 25 moves:

Last World Championship match - 0%

Mexico City - 16 of 56 or 29%

And that's counting games that had no bearing on who would win the tournament.

EDIT: And your claim was:

Korch, p.25: Main advantage of tournament is that you cant afford make draws after first win and you should continue to play for win if you wanna be the best.

Maybe you forgot.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Oct 07
2 edits

That is a patent falsehood. My claim was that they would not be considered among the ten greatest players of all-time. Learn how to read and/or stop lying.

EDIT: From page 23: )\

There are no players playing there except Kramnik who would even be in the discussion of the 10 greatest players of all-time. The tournaments you mention had Laske ...[text shortened]... rs of all-time. I like Gelfand, Moroveich and a few others, but legendary players they are not.
What about this one?

In your opinion Leko, Anand and Morozevitch are not great players which people will remember after their death???? And that Aronian have no chances to become legendar?

Zurich 1953 was decided before last tournament. to say nothing about
New Yourk 1927 and Match-tournament 1948.
And result of Mexico was not so 100% decided even before last round. Dont you ...[text shortened]... ames? Tragedy`s of Aronian and Leko who seemed to be pretendents to 1st place before tournament?

Why don't you actually read what I write? Are ANY of those players in the same league as Capablanca, Lasker or Alekhine? Of course not. They may be "great" players, but they aren't and won't be placed in the same category as those players.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Oct 07

Well let's see:

Number of draws under 25 moves:

Last World Championship match - 0%

Mexico City - 16 of 56 or 29%

And that's counting games that had no bearing on who would win the tournament.

EDIT: And your claim was:

Korch, p.25: Main advantage of tournament is that you cant affo ...[text shortened]... u should continue to play for win if you wanna be the best.

Maybe you forgot.
You did forgot to compare with Kasparov Kramnik match in which percentage are similar with Mexico.

And if you are not informed - Anand had more than one win.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 07
5 edits

[/i]Originally posted by Korch[i]
What about this one?

[i/]Originally posted by Korch
[b]In your opinion Leko, Anand and Morozevitch are not great players which people will remember after their death???? And that Aronian have no chances to become legendar?

Zurich 1953 was decided before last tournament. to say nothing about
New Yourk 1927 and Match-tournament 1948.
And result of Mexi o at" players, but they aren't and won't be placed in the same category as those players.
[/b]
LMAO! You really think that quote supports your claim?

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Oct 07

LMAO! You really think that quote supports your claim?
And you really think that it does not makes obvious your arrogant attitude against these players?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 07

And you really think that it does not makes obvious your arrogant attitude against these players?
I think you have severe reading comprehension problems.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
05 Oct 07

Reading your idiocies and lies in this thread has become boring. You may have it from now on.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Oct 07

I think you have severe reading comprehension problems.
You have obvious problems to take reality according to facts not your sickly fantasies.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Oct 07
4 edits

z

Moves
05 Oct 07

[b]The person who places second in the tournament is BETTER than the person who placed first because he does NOT Lose!

Why can you not understand this hypthetical condition?

According to your logic player who won 1 game and drew 13 games is playing better than person who won 5 games lost 1 games and drew 8 games.

If champion was able to make on ...[text shortened]... as not able to win - champion deserves to lose his title until he will learn to reach more wins.[/b]
er, look here..
Let me just add this to clarify (and correct a small mistake):
The person who places second in the tournament is BETTER than the person who placed first IF he beats him in a match - FACT!

>>According to your logic player who won 1 game and drew 13 games is playing better than person who won 5 games lost 1 games and drew 8 games. >>
YES! He COULD be IF he beats him in a match. How long does it take for you to understand this in your thick head.
Thus, to determine the BETTER player - you must have a match.
If you really want a damn tournament to determine the best player have a knock out tournament where each person plays 6 games with the other.. Loser gets knocked out . If they draw they re-pair until someone loses the 6game match. This could take forever so they don't want to do it.

The 'winner' must learn to take the title away from the champion by winning against the champion not by beating John Doe who drew with the champion.

K
Chess Warrior

Riga

Moves
05 Oct 07

Originally posted by zin23
er, look here..
Let me just add this to clarify (and correct a small mistake):
The person who places second in the tournament is BETTER than the person who placed first IF he beats him in a match - FACT!

>>According to your logic player who won 1 game and drew 13 games is playing better than person who won 5 games lost 1 games and drew 8 games. >>
YES ...[text shortened]... champion by winning against the champion not by beating John Doe who drew with the champion.
Your logic is based on one main premise - champion must be determined in match. But can you understand that its premise for you not for your opponents?

i

Moves
05 Oct 07

Your logic is based on one main premise - champion must be determined in match. But can you understand that its premise for you not for your opponents?
i agree, its so simple!

winner=champ.

M

Moves
05 Oct 07

You're a complete idiot.
It took you a while this time to fall back to your true nature. Will you apologise or do I ask for a 3.c?