1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Aug '23 21:45
    From his own mouth!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02iKAqWKpRM4hmGRSdVNZHMFSWjGDgSE3eV73hWLGvWcYU34jV7UkrDXW1skGAmTZ2l&id=100077083045282
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 08:06
    @divegeester said
    From his own mouth!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02iKAqWKpRM4hmGRSdVNZHMFSWjGDgSE3eV73hWLGvWcYU34jV7UkrDXW1skGAmTZ2l&id=100077083045282
    Could you point to another source than Facebook (or is it his personal account and thus the original source?)
    [And I might take something serious that is a joke, but I won't open facebook and the Sceince Forum wouldn't be the appropriate location for jokes anyway]
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 09:14
    @ponderable said
    Could you point to another source than Facebook (or is it his personal account and thus the original source?)
    [And I might take something serious that is a joke, but I won't open facebook and the Sceince Forum wouldn't be the appropriate location for jokes anyway]
    I could, but would you open it given your criteria one wonders.

There are several posters here at RHP who consider the moon landings were fake, so it is fully appropriate to post this here.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 10:44
    In fact I did a search and found this:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-buzzaldrin-moonlandingintervie-idUSL1N2US2G3

which is a reasonable source.

So the question would be:
    "Do we have enough evidence that we can claim that the moon landing has actually taken place?"

Yes I think so. The strongest indidation is that the reflector brought to the moon is still operable. So anybody can send a Laser shot to the moon at the correct position and find that it is reflcetet (far more intense that the natural back scattering of the moon surface.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 10:58
    @ponderable said
    In fact I did a search and found this:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-buzzaldrin-moonlandingintervie-idUSL1N2US2G3

which is a reasonable source.

So the question would be:
    "Do we have enough evidence that we can claim that the moon landing has actually taken place?"

Yes I think so. The strongest indidation is that the reflector brought to the moon is ...[text shortened]... nd find that it is reflcetet (far more intense that the natural back scattering of the moon surface.
    There are several posters here at RHP who consider the moon landings were fake, so it is fully appropriate to post my OP here.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 13:01
    Here's fullfact.org on this story:

A video viewed more than 42,000 times on Instagram claims to show former astronaut Buzz Aldrin as he “admits [the] Moon landing was fake”.

The clip shows Mr Aldrin—the second person to ever set foot on the Moon—being interviewed by a young child and responding to the question: “Why has nobody been to the Moon in such a long time?”

During his response Mr Aldrin says: “I think I know… Because we didn't go there.” This part of his longer answer has been presented as proof that the 1969 Moon landing was faked—a longstanding conspiracy theory which we have written about before.

The video itself has a number of what appear to be jarring cuts, leading to comments suggesting that the clip must have been edited to change the meaning of Mr Aldrin’s words.

However, if we compare the Instagram clip to the full video of the interview, filmed in 2015, it is apparent that while the Instagram post may have been edited to cut some pauses in Mr Aldrin’s response, his actual words haven’t been changed.

But this doesn’t mean Mr Aldrin “admitted” the Moon landing was faked. Here’s what Mr Aldrin said in full: “That's not an eight-year-old's question. That's my question. I want to know. But I think I know. Because we didn't go there. And that's the way it happened.

“And if it didn't happen it's nice to know why it didn't happen so in the future, if we want to keep doing something, we need to know why something stopped in the past if we want to keep it going.”

While Mr Aldrin’s words are not that clear, it’s plausible he was responding to the question about why nobody had been to the Moon “in such a long time”, by explaining why astronauts hadn’t returned to the Moon. The last crewed expedition took place in 1972, with a total of 12 astronauts (all from US expeditions) walking on the Moon’s surface.

A latter part of Mr Aldrin’s response, not included in the Instagram clip, makes this slightly clearer. He says: “Money. It's a good thing. If you want to buy new things, new rockets, instead of keep doing the same thing over and over, then it's going to cost more money. And other things need more money too.

“So having achieved what the President wanted us to do, and then what thousands, millions of people in America, and millions of people around the world... You know when we toured around the world after we came back [from the Moon] the most fascinating observation was signs that said ‘we did it.’ Not just us. But we, the world. They felt like they were part of what we were able to do. And that made us feel very good.”

Since this interview in 2015, Mr Aldrin has given several interviews in which he clearly recounts his journey to the Moon. So a somewhat ambiguous line in one interview can’t be taken as evidence of Mr Aldrin admitting the Moon landings were faked.

There is also photographic evidence of Mr Aldrin on the Moon, as well as video footage.
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 13:02
    So the thread title itself appears to be at fault.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 13:46
    @divegeester said

There are several posters here at RHP who consider the moon landings were fake, so it is fully appropriate to post this here.
    It depends what you consider fake. The film of the space craft landing on the moon was fake, meaning it was not a real film of the landing. There were no cameras on the moon before the eagle landed. NASA did not keep that a secret though.

Do you consider that fake? If not, what do you consider fake?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 13:48
    @kewpie said
    So the thread title itself appears to be at fault.
    At fault; how so?

The thread title and OP are sharing what is asserted about the clip by thousands of moon-landing deniers.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 14:122 edits
    @divegeester said
    At fault; how so?

The thread title and OP are sharing what is asserted about the clip by thousands of moon-landing deniers.
    The film of the space craft landing on the moon was fake, meaning it was not a real film of the landing. There were no cameras on the moon before the eagle landed.

That is not denial. NASA admitted it was fake.
    You need to define "moon-landing deniers".

From the link below:

"At the 1:29 mark, O’Brien says: “Let’s talk about this because this is fascinating. I remember very clearly; I think anybody who was alive at the time does. I remember my parents waking me up and we went down, and we watched you guys land on the moon.
    Aldrin responds: “No, you didn’t. Because there wasn’t any television, there wasn’t anybody taking the picture. You watched animation so you associated what you saw with… you heard me talking about"

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-buzzaldrin-moonlandingintervie/fact-check-buzz-aldrin-interview-about-moon-landing-is-not-proof-that-it-was-faked-idUSL1N2US2G3

So you see, the actual film of the eagle landing on the moon was animated or fake. Now that I have proven that much is fake let's move on to how much is fake. Is that the only film that was animated? I don't know. Do you?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 14:551 edit
    @metal-brain said
    It depends what you consider fake. The film of the space craft landing on the moon was fake, meaning it was not a real film of the landing. There were no cameras on the moon before the eagle landed. NASA did not keep that a secret though.

Do you consider that fake? If not, what do you consider fake?
    Are you stupid? There is no film of a LEM landing on the moon, except the one taken from an onboard camera on the LEM.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 14:57
    @divegeester said

Do you think the earth is flat too?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 15:00

Removed by poster

14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 15:24
    @kewpie said
    Here's fullfact.org on this story:

A video viewed more than 42,000 times on Instagram claims to show former astronaut Buzz Aldrin as he “admits [the] Moon landing was fake”.

The clip shows Mr Aldrin—the second person to ever set foot on the Moon—being interviewed by a young child and responding to the question: “Why has nobody been to the Moon in such a long time?”

D ...[text shortened]... e faked.

There is also photographic evidence of Mr Aldrin on the Moon, as well as video footage.
    In 2002, Aldrin punched a conspiracy theorist in the face when the man said the moon landing was fake and called Aldrin a coward, a liar and a thief.
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    29 Aug '23 15:58
    @suzianne said
    Are you stupid? There is no film of a LEM landing on the moon, except the one taken from an onboard camera on the LEM.
    I have no idea what an LEM is. You will have to explain that to me.

NASA admitted it was animated.

From the link below:

"At the 1:29 mark, O’Brien says: “Let’s talk about this because this is fascinating. I remember very clearly; I think anybody who was alive at the time does. I remember my parents waking me up and we went down, and we watched you guys land on the moon.
    Aldrin responds: “No, you didn’t. Because there wasn’t any television, there wasn’t anybody taking the picture. You watched animation so you associated what you saw with… you heard me talking about"

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-buzzaldrin-moonlandingintervie/fact-check-buzz-aldrin-interview-about-moon-landing-is-not-proof-that-it-was-faked-idUSL1N2US2G3

So you see, the actual film of the eagle landing on the moon was animated or fake. Now that I have proven that much is fake let's move on to how much is fake. Is that the only film that was animated?

You see, Buzz did not deny a moon landing. He simply pointed out the fact the film of the eagle landing on the moon was animated which it was. So that part of the moon footage was fake. NASA never tried to hide that, but the fact is it was fake and it is obvious. No cameras were on the moon to film it. That is why it is unquestionably animated. It even says so on the film NASA released. It was never a secret, but few people have heard about it.

Now you know. The film of the eagle landing from outside of the eagle is fake. It always was and it says it is animated right on the film if you ever care to look at it. The admission is right in the film itself!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree