Abiogenesis, evolution and morality

Abiogenesis, evolution and morality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Apr 16

Originally posted by sonship
One has to make a decision about the weight of evidence.
Where is the greater weight of evidence?

Absolute PROOF can always be objected that, it is has not been provided.
I did not offer that video as absolute proof of a designed cell rather than a randomly accidently assembled one Darwinian style.

It is still possible that someone complain that a ...[text shortened]... books for sale rather than the [b] authors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHeSaUq-Hl8[/b]
Can you explain the numbers or not?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Apr 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Can you explain the numbers or not?
Can you make up your mind which is more likely with the cell formation or not?

More weight on evidence for accidental assembly or more weight for evidence for deliberate design engineering?

F

Moves
23 Apr 16

I seriously think you are tortured now. And you probably take light of Christ saying "He who is not with Me is against Me."
As I have observed before, at the very core of your "moral" perspective ~ when it is probed and scrutinized ~ there is nothing much more than the simple logic of gangsterism.

F

Moves
23 Apr 16

You intend to scatter and oppose our Gospel teaching. So I think I should probably stop giving you the benefit of a doubt that you have had some honest questions.
Well I'm not a Christian, if that's what you mean, and I find most of your ideology does not make sense (and certainly does not make any moral sense).

But if you are now characterizing the me and the fact that I don't believe the same things as you - as expressed through my observations and questions - as not "honest", does that mean you believe that I secretly think you are right but that I am not telling the truth about it?

F

Moves
23 Apr 16

I don't presume to know how you talk to your neighbors. I know how you have written words here on this Forum which may have effected the lives of hundreds of people. So yes, I would be concerned that you have influenced others not to be saved.
So, wait a minute. Let's get this straight. You're saying that ~ according to your beliefs ~ I may have caused "hundreds of people" to now be facing the prospect of being tortured at the hands of your vengeful God figure?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Apr 16

Person A:

"Mt Rushmore has four faces on it, the faces of past American presidents.
It could not have been the result of wind and erosion."

Person B:

"Oh, yawn! I bet you can't explain the chemical composition of the tool used to supposedly chisel away at the first face. What was the weight, size, shape, and composition of that tool?
See what you don't know ?

So you haven't proved anything but how much you don't know and how shallow your education is."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Apr 16
5 edits

Originally posted by FMF
So, wait a minute. Let's get this straight. You're saying that ~ according to your beliefs ~ I may have caused "hundreds of people" to now be facing the prospect of being tortured at the hands of your vengeful God figure?
Yes, Let's one more time try to "get it straight".
I deserve to be punished forever if I reject God who was incarnated and bore my sins on His cross at Calvary. You too, apparently..

The person to hold responsible for this teaching is in the Bible. His name is Jesus of Nazareth - the one who taught that He Himself died that we might be saved.

He's the one you have to blame for the teaching of salvation verses eternal punishment.

I think we've got it straight. There's no need to re-ask it of me.
And if you actively oppose Him influencing hundreds of other in this, surely that is worst than simple personal rejection.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Apr 16
1 edit

More weight on evidence for accidental assembly or more weight for evidence for deliberate design engineering?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuMvRExazAw
Sonship, this is just a another dodge from you. Can you explain the numbers in the first video you posted or not? If not, just say so and we can move on.

F

Moves
23 Apr 16
1 edit

And if you actively oppose Him influencing hundreds of other in this, surely that is worst than simple personal rejection.
So if you take it upon yourself to claim that I may be responsible for "hundreds of people" on this forum being tortured by your vengeful God figure (or getting tortured in the future) - because I have different beliefs from the ones you happen to have, and say so in debates and discussions - then how many "hundreds of people" on this forum do you claim you may have "saved" from such punishment?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Apr 16
1 edit

Sonship, this is just a another dodge from you. Can you explain the numbers in the first video you posted or not? If not, just say so and we can move on.
Coming BACK to the main point, is called by you a "dodge."

Where do you think the more likely explanation lies with the cell?

Unintentioned and purposeless random variation with natural selection.
Intentioned design engineering involving a mind.

Coming back to this salient point is not a "dodge".
I think you're not going to address this so you just move on as you wish.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
23 Apr 16

Coming BACK to the main point, is called by you a "dodge."

Where do you think the more likely explanation lies with the cell?

Unintentioned and purposeless random variation with natural selection.
Intentioned design engineering involving a mind.

Coming back to this salient point is not a "dodge".
I think you're not going to address this so you just move on as you wish.
It's called a dodge because you've been asked the same question numerous times now, each time you have failed to answer it. You can either answer it and provide an explanation for the stats highlighted by twhitehead or you can't. Answer the question and we can move on.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Apr 16
2 edits

Can you explain the numbers in the first video you posted or not?

I cannot explain why he could not have said something like "give or take a hundred" or "give or take 10" or how his exponents are as precise as they are.

I don't think this makes a significant difference. That I don't know why he could not say "Give or take 10" or "Give or take 50" or "Give or take 100" in those exponential formulas at the moment, is not a major weakness of the analysis.

Precision wise it could be debated perpetually with enough obfuscating to postpone the general main idea indefinitely.

Given the number of parts and some scheme of trial and error I think estimates on these probabilities is reasonable. The rigorousness of the precise exponents may be arguable.

Cape Town

Moves
23 Apr 16

Well we could look at the evidence, but it is patently obvious that you have no wish to do so. Instead, you looked up the first YouTube video you thought supported your prepared conclusion and ignored the fact that the speaker of the video didn't have a clue what he was talking about. When challenged on it you first acted drunk, and have since been trying to evade the issue. Your inability to admit when you are wrong to the point of making a total fool of yourself is inexplicable.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
23 Apr 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
No, you are confused about what morality is. What we feel we ought to do, is instinctual rather than preference, and or what we actually do, might be a matter of personal preference, but both those are is distinct from morality. Morality is the concept of how we treat others, and as such is as absolute as the concept of love or the concept of happiness. W ...[text shortened]... fferent things may make us happy, but the concept itself is not a matter of personal preference.
So tell me what makes you decide how to treat others, if you are not accountable to a higher being then logically the way you treat others is a matter of personal preference is it not? And logically why should you love someone if they are are merely the product of a chemical soup?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
23 Apr 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
There is no such thing as a 'right to survival of the fittest'.
Yes but that is the main process that drives evolution.