Can you obey someone you have not met?

Can you obey someone you have not met?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Dec 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Eladar
The works that reflect what is in the heart. That was an easy one.
I agree God sees the heart and only he can say whether or not the works are done by faith. But to say good works alone can save us is unbiblical and clearly contradicts what is written in Ephesians 2:8-10.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Dec 16

Try reading Romans 2:13-14
Good works alone clearly do not save us.

Eph. 2:8-10, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast.

E

Moves
10 Dec 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk

Eph. 2:8-10, "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast.
I never said good works alone saves.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Dec 16
2 edits

I never said good works alone saves.
Yes, of course not, Rajk999 did and that's why I quoted Ephesians 2 to him. Why else do you think he is calling me a moron and an idiot? 🙂 He is clearly not one to practice what he preaches.

E

Moves
10 Dec 16

Yes, of course not, Rajk999 did and that's why I quoted Ephesians 2 to him. Why else do you think he is calling me a moron and an idiot? 🙂 He is clearly not one to practice what he preaches.
He is allowed to believe what he likes. I would say that what he means is probably wrong if he is saying that a person who has read the Bible and rejects Jesus as lord.

People are by nature sinful. Children of God know his voice so would recognize the Bible's truth.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
10 Dec 16

He is allowed to believe what he likes. I would say that what he means is probably wrong if he is saying that a person who has read the Bible and rejects Jesus as lord.

People are by nature sinful. Children of God know his voice so would recognize the Bible's truth.
Agreed.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Dec 16

I said faith alone is dead.
Good works alone is not dead.
Romans 2 makes that crystal clear, by pointing out
- that doers are just, not hearers
- that some who know of no law have the works of the law written in their hearts
- these will be judged by God

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Dec 16
1 edit

I told you before that you do not understand the expression 'saved by grace' and how it applies to all people.

All of mankind is saved by grace
All of mankind does not enter the Kingdom of God.

Paul said a woman is saved by childbearing. Does that mean all women who give birth will get eternal life and those who dont are excluded?

E

Moves
10 Dec 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
I told you before that you do not understand the expression 'saved by grace' and how it applies to all people.

Paul said a woman is saved by childbearing. Does that mean all women who give birth will get eternal life and those who dont are excluded?
Most of mankind is lost and does not have eternal life. Only few find it.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Dec 16
2 edits

Most of mankind is lost and does not have eternal life. Only few find it.
I agree, and the way to find it is all in the commandments of Jesus Christ, but Christianity has started a campaign against that. Instead they preach mouth worship.

However the grace of God = the sacrifice of Jesus Christ is for all people, whether they make use of it or not its up to them.

E

Moves
10 Dec 16

I agree, and the way to find it is all in the commandments of Jesus Christ, but Christianity has started a campaign against that. Instead they preach mouth worship.

However the grace of God = the sacrifice of Jesus Christ is for all people, whether they make use of it or not its up to them.
If you define being a Christian as joining a church, then I can see what you are saying. No need to join a denomination to accept Jesus as lord of your life.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Dec 16

So would you say those that are cast into the lake of fire are 'saved by grace'?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Dec 16
1 edit

So would you say those that are cast into the lake of fire are 'saved by grace'?
Yes, they were saved from the condemnation of sin by the death of Christ. But Christ did not accept them into the Kingdom of God.

You like Ephesians? Read this:

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.(Ephesians 5:1-5 KJV)

Paul addresses the Christian saints - all of whom as saved by grace, saved by the death of Christ .. all are saved. BUT IF THEY CONTINUE IN SIN THEY WILL NOT GET INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

SAVED DOES NOT MEAN AUTOMATIC ENTRY INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
11 Dec 16
2 edits

Yes, they were saved from the condemnation of sin by the death of Christ. But Christ did not accept them into the Kingdom of God.
So them being thrown into the lake of fire is not due to the condemnation of sin? 🙄 What then in your view is the condemnation of sin that they are supposedly saved from?

If you don't mind me asking what is your background? Have you ever belonged to a church? If so which one?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
11 Dec 16
1 edit

So them being thrown into the lake of fire is not due to the condemnation of sin? 🙄 What then in your view is the condemnation of sin that they are supposedly saved from?

You like Ephesians? Read this:

Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweetsmelling savour. But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Neither filthiness, nor foolish talking, nor jesting, which are not convenient: but rather giving of thanks. For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor unclean person, nor covetous man, who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdom of Christ and of God.(Ephesians 5:1-5 KJV)

Paul addresses the Christian saints - all of whom as saved by grace, saved by the death of Christ .. all are saved. BUT IF THEY CONTINUE IN SIN THEY WILL NOT GET INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

SAVED DOES NOT MEAN AUTOMATIC ENTRY INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.