Care to answer my questions?

Care to answer my questions?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
76d

@kellyjay said
The length of time doesn’t really matter if what is being proposed is not actually possible the way people assume it did. Sadly with most the complexity and functionality complexity we see in the universe, they intuitively look to a bottom up explanation, assuming chance and necessity, instead of a top down design, bottom up is mindless by default.

So it has more to do w ...[text shortened]... it is with a scoffing rejection, and it can be directed at a person not the reasoning being offered.
Let's put them to the test and ask them to built the great and 'meaningless' pyramid of Giza 'upside down.'

Cross-threading.

Über-Nerd

Moves
76d

@kellyjay said
It isn't the impossibilities I believe in, my beliefs don't produce or create all of the possibilities that could occur but don't so life is here.
Kindly rephrase. That isn't a coherent sentence, it's stream of consciousness.

Moves
76d

@moonbus said
Given enough flips, 100 coins could all land heads up. Laws of statistics do not represent any force or compulsion making coins fall heads or tails; they only represent averages without specifying how many "enough to get 100 heads" would be. That is why time matters, because it guarantees enough flips to get 100 heads, eventually.

Billions of years is ...[text shortened]... n[/i] happen, somewhere, in a universe consisting of billions and billions and billions of galaxies.
Why are you limiting the universe to "billions and billions and billions of galaxies?"

Don't you realize that limit puts meaning into the universe? It draws an intentional line to indicate start and finish, and all sort of other meanings, such as counting. Counting something has a meaning, and the use of numbers doubles the counting meaning; to know is not meaningless.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
76d
2 edits

@moonbus said
Kindly rephrase. That isn't a coherent sentence, it's stream of consciousness.
I do not create the possible outcomes! If we flip a coin it is going to be a 1 on landing heads or tails, so 50/50 encompasses all of the possible outcomes of a coin flip, nothing to do with me. I could shuffle a deck of cards the odds would be approximately 8.07 × 10^67 of a specific order showing up, but 1 that one would, not something I made up. The possibilities that have to do with life going wrong over right, leave all of that behind not because I say so.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
76d

@kellyjay said
Liar
He was asking you a question Kelly. How can that be a lie?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
76d
1 edit

@ghost-of-a-duke said
He was asking you a question Kelly. How can that be a lie?
He is a liar, what he says, or asks, I could care less about.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
76d

@kellyjay said
He is a liar, what he says I could care less about.
Mr X. "What is your favourite colour?"
Mr Y. "Liar!"

Moves
76d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
I understand that God 'to you' brings meaning to the universe and that a universe 'to you' therefore that has no God, has no meaning. But that is a child's logic Kelly.

Was the universe designed? No. Is the universe an amazing place bursting at the seams with awe and meaning? Absolutely. It's just not the meaning 'you' assign to it. Humans find their own meaning.

Continuity itself has meaning, species struggling to evolve, survive and reproduce.
"Was the universe designed? No. Is the universe an amazing place bursting at the seams with awe and meaning? Absolutely. It's just not the meaning 'you' assign to it. Humans find their own meaning."

Sir, you are giving an analogy of abstract painting art form. Besides being a Mathematician, God must be a Painter too.

Abstract paintings do not have a specific, universally agreed-upon meaning. Instead, their meaning is often derived or interpreted by those viewing the artwork. The interpretation of abstract art is highly subjective and can vary greatly from one viewer to another. This subjectivity is partly due to the fact that abstract art does not attempt to represent an accurate depiction of visual reality, but rather uses shapes, colors, forms, and gestural marks to convey emotions, concepts, or ideas. Many abstract artists often start their creations without a specific design or meaning in mind.

Moves
76d

@kellyjay said
He is a liar, what he says I could care less about.
You mean you couldn’t care less surely? If that’s the case why do you get so bent out shape when I ask you a pertinent question?

Anyway, I’m not lying at all old chap.

You have said on this forum that you don’t accept the scientific explanation for gravity. If I’m wrong or you’ve changed your opinion then just say so.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
76d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Mr Y. "Liar!"
If you want to defend him do so, I'll leave that conversation totally to you, as it will be, whats the phrase I'm looking for is meaningless to me.

Moves
76d

@divegeester said
Do you think it is Satan the villain who is causing people here to forum a “united front” against you, because you’re a true Christian?
Stop asking others to do the thinking, and try a little thinking on your own.

But while we are on thinking terms, I think I owe you an apology. And you owe me one too.

Moves
76d

@pettytalk said
Stop asking others to do the thinking, and try a little thinking on your own.
I was responding specifically to what Kellyjay wrote and asking him for clarification.

Moves
76d

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Mr Y. "Liar!"
This is my observation, as I see it.

What KellyJay is implying is that Dive typically asks questions deceitfully, and deceit is similar to lying. Lies are what make someone a liar.

One of the online dictionaries addresses deceit: 'If you say that someone is deceitful, you mean that they behave in a dishonest way by making other people believe something that is not true.' A liar deals with things that are not true.

Your X and Y is nearly spot on, if you apply it to a recent exchange I had with the person in question. If you recall, he asked me about the colors of the walls of my cell. I gave a response and described the colors of one of the rooms I had at a brief hospital stay. I answered, 'Yellow and green.' He came back and said, 'Interesting, those colors represent cowardice and envy.' And I was paraphrasing. He was not genuinely asking for the colors as a matter of interest except to use it negatively, especially if one considers the clear intention he had before asking about the colors, since he was implying I should have been locked up in a mental ward cell.

Can anyone seriously discuss any subjects seriously with Mr. X? Does Mr. X deserve an answer, seeing that he's always looking for an opportunity to mock and misrepresent any answers he receives? And if Mr. X is a habitual deceiver, just when is it enough to just ignore his deceitful questions? Shouting out 'liar' as a response to Mr. X is just saying, 'I've had enough of your deceitful questions.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
76d

@pettytalk said
This is my observation, as I see it.

What KellyJay is implying is that Dive typically asks questions deceitfully, and deceit is similar to lying. Lies are what make someone a liar.

One of the online dictionaries addresses deceit: 'If you say that someone is deceitful, you mean that they behave in a dishonest way by making other people believe something that is not tr ...[text shortened]... ting out 'liar' as a response to Mr. X is just saying, 'I've had enough of your deceitful questions.
Mr Y could indeed answer, "I think your question is loaded and you want me to say my favourite colour is orange so you can ridicule it."

But the response, "liar!" remains invalid.

Moves
76d

@kellyjay said
I do not create the possible outcomes! If we flip a coin it is going to be a 1 on landing heads or tails, so 50/50 encompasses all of the possible outcomes of a coin flip, nothing to do with me. I could shuffle a deck of cards the odds would be approximately 8.07 × 10^67 of a specific order showing up, but 1 that one would, not something I made up. The possibilities that have to do with life going wrong over right, leave all of that behind not because I say so.
Apparently, moonbus does not realize that when he mentions LAW, he admits to the universe having a meaning and a scope. Laws are enacted with the intent of establishing order. The law of probability is a law designed to establish an understanding of occurrences. However, it mandates unbiased coins, which means a perfectly balanced coin that has an absolute possibility of exactly a 50-50 chance of landing on each side. However, there are other factors that must be present to make the flip perfectly unbiased.

There are too many points to be made on coin flipping, and I can conclude that perfection and absolutes are what make this physical universe meaningful and intentional.

I'm intentionally communicating through you.