Certainly not a simple doctrine.

Certainly not a simple doctrine.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by twhitehead
I think much more important, is what does the word mean to you, and is that what the Greek means.
I wouldn't disagree with this.

Cape Town

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I wouldn't disagree with this.
So, what does the word mean to you? Why does it matter whether or not it is in the Bible?

rc

Moves
28 May 15

Robbie, it is YOU who are claiming that the term "Godhead" is a mistranslation in order to support your view of the trinity and dieity of Christ arguments, therefore it is YOU who need to provide seem evidence on order to substantiate your position.
On the contrary , you introduced the term. I want to know how you came to get that term from the original text. I don’t need to do anything. So will you tell us or will you not?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 15

So, what does the word mean to you? Why does it matter whether or not it is in the Bible?
For me it means the essence of what God is, authority, name, identity. I don't think it does matter. Robbie has an issue with it because the scriptures I quote contradict or are at odds with his ideology.

Cape Town

Moves
28 May 15
1 edit

For me it means the essence of what God is, authority, name, identity. I don't think it does matter. Robbie has an issue with it because the scriptures I quote contradict or are at odds with his ideology.
Can you give one of those scriptures and explain what the original Greek was, and whether that too contradicts his ideology, or is the contradiction only in the English translation? (and your interpretation of that translation, 'godhead' has a range of possible meaning).

c

Moves
28 May 15

We are debating an issue that is 2,000 years old, and we were not there. The fact that the Trinity, and the term Godhead are confusing to some, myself included, it not something to be ashamed of. Consider this: Judas betrayed Jesus......Thomas doubted Jesus....and Peter denied Jesus. These guys were THERE with Jesus....ate meals with Him, had first hand teaching from Him, witnessed His miracles....AND they all had issues with Him. Even if Jesus is not God, one would think that 2,000 years ago, these men would surely know that something is different about Jesus.

All I can say is that I have my doubts about this matter.....and I don't feel bad about it. At least I was NOT at the Last Supper with Jesus in person, and having the issues with Him that His disciples had.

I cannot offer proof either way. I just wanted to share my thoughts. Reasonable doubt regarding the Jesus/God debate is fair. As I read some other posts, I am astonished how some people seem so certain on this matter.....and have a snobbish attitude about it. That they are somehow even smarter and better than the very people who had the very same doubts right smack in the presence of Jesus Himself.

rc

Moves
28 May 15

Another falsehood and and unmitigated fabrication, the issue has absolutely nothing to do with my ideology and is simply a matter of accurate translation. You cannot answer the question that was put to you, either you simply use terms that you have no idea how they are derived from the text or you are as I suspect, unable to tell us what the Bible actually says.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 15

Can you give one of those scriptures and explain what the original Greek was, and whether that too contradicts his ideology, or is the contradiction only in the English translation? (and your interpretation of that translation, 'godhead' has a range of possible meaning).
I have no ideas what the original Greek was. However I've given lots of scriptures relation to the topic in this and the Jesus v God thread.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Another falsehood and and unmitigated fabrication, the issue has absolutely nothing to do with my ideology and is simply a matter of accurate translation. You cannot answer the question that was put to you, either you simply use terms that you have no idea how they are derived from the text or you are as I suspect, unable to tell us what the Bible actually says.
I'm just quoting the bible Robbie. If you have issue with the bible then please feel free to provide your evidence.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by chaney3
We are debating an issue that is 2,000 years old, and we were not there. The fact that the Trinity, and the term Godhead are confusing to some, myself included, it not something to be ashamed of. Consider this: Judas betrayed Jesus......Thomas doubted Jesus....and Peter denied Jesus. These guys were THERE with Jesus....ate meals with Him, had first hand ...[text shortened]... than the very people who had the very same doubts right smack in the presence of Jesus Himself.
Why is you having doubts about something on Christianity of any relevance or impact to you and your life anyway, are you Christian?

Cape Town

Moves
28 May 15
1 edit

I have no ideas what the original Greek was.
Well then I think we have to give Robbie the benefit of the doubt on this one. You have no good reason to claim his translation is worse than yours. I am not saying he is right, just that you don't know for a fact that he is wrong.
Were the rest of your verses also based on somewhat debatable interpretation?

c

Moves
28 May 15

Why is you having doubts about something on Christianity of any relevance or impact to you and your life anyway, are you Christian?
Am I not allowed to comment on a forum?? Do I need to send you a private message to ask permission to make some comments, or to give an opinion?? It is none of your business what my faith is!!!! It doesn't matter what I believe......If I am trying to understand who is in the Heavens, and ask questions, and make my comments, and adjust my faith as time goes on....then so be it!!! Mind your own business. What if I were Jewish.....and really wanted to know more about Jesus??

Every time I see a post from you, I cringe....because most of the time, you have nothing relevant to add to a discussion, you just feel a need to criticize somebody else. Why don't you just spend less time on these forums, and focus more on your chess game. Your rating proves my point.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 15

Well then I think we have to give Robbie the benefit of the doubt on this one. You have no good reason to claim his translation is worse than yours. I am not saying he is right, just that you don't know for a fact that he is wrong.
Were the rest of your verses also based on somewhat debatable interpretation?
Most translations of the bible interpret the original Greek into the word "Godhead". Robbie carrobie says that all these translations are wrong. Are you suggesting that all these scholars are as equally likely to be wrong as Robbie carrobie is likely to be correct. Notwithstanding that carrobie has not even put forward any evidence, all he has done is made a claim. So no, I won't be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by chaney3
Am I not allowed to comment on a forum?? Do I need to send you a private message to ask permission to make some comments, or to give an opinion?? It is none of your business what my faith is!!!! It doesn't matter what I believe......If I am trying to understand who is in the Heavens, and ask questions, and make my comments, and adjust my faith as time goe ...[text shortened]... pend less time on these forums, and focus more on your chess game. Your rating proves my point.
No need to be so touchy, I'm just asking why you are so twisted up about this topic.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
28 May 15

Originally posted by Rajk999
Higher than the angels but not equal to God in my estimation. Still under Gods subjection according the Bible.
As always, you're entitled to your opinion. Is it shared by your pastor/teacher?