Dasa and the thought police

Dasa and the thought police

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
14 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
I confronted him for what he was posting. Isn't that what people should do when they encounter hate speech on a debate and discussion forum?
you confronted him on the basis of values that you knew were not real, cast those values up to him again and again despite knowing that they were not real, why would you do that? you never believed them right?

F

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
you confronted him on the basis of values that you knew were not real, cast those values up to him again and again despite knowing that they were not real, why would you do that? you never believed them right?
His hatred of Muslims was obviously real. Even you have described the posting it resulted in was "hate crime". Hate is surely a "real" value.

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
I have been "caught" doing what? Dasa's hatred and vilification of Muslims were "real" values. He expressed them repeatedly. I am not attributing any values to him.
would you also call the police if you heard someone on the telephone arranging a drug deal in full knowledge that they were only play acting, thats akin to what you have done here.

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
His hatred of Muslims was obviously real. Even you have described the posting it resulted in was "hate crime". Hate is surely a "real" value.
yes but we are discussing his genocidal claims, claims that you knew were not real and yet used those non realities to justify his banning.

F

Moves
14 May 16
1 edit

would you also call the police if you heard someone on the telephone arranging a drug deal in full knowledge that they were only play acting, thats akin to what you have done here.
But how is constant lying, vilification and attempted incitement of hatred against Muslims in public in hundreds and hundreds of forum posts analogous with someone play acting on a phone? There is no analogy.

F

Moves
14 May 16

yes but we are discussing his genocidal claims, claims that you knew were not real and yet used those non realities to justify his banning.
We are discussing your defence of what he posted and your condemnation of those who alerted his posts and the moderators who took action against him.

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
But how is constant lying, vilification and attempted incitement of hatred against Muslims in hundreds and hundreds of forum posts analogous with someone play acting on a phone? There is no analogy.
no one has claimed that it is FMF, his genocidal claims were certainly unrealistic though were they not? you have stated that even you did not believed them.

rc

Moves
14 May 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
We are discussing your defence of what he posted and your condemnation of those who alerted his posts and the moderators who took action against him.
the basis for this was his genocidal claims, unrealistic, non realities that you, Ghost of a Duke and Rank Outsider used to goad him into being banned despite the fact that you knew they were unreal. Fess up my son and I will hear your confessions.

F

Moves
14 May 16

no one has claimed that it is FMF, his genocidal claims were certainly unrealistic though were they not? you have stated that even you did not believed them.
Of course the prospect of him carrying out genocide were nil but they were an element of his hate speech which you have acknowledged as being criminal. This hatred is a "real" value and it was a hatred that was in part delivered by his constant calls for the mass murder of people on the grounds of their religious beliefs. This is the form that hate speech takes. This is why he was banned.

F

Moves
14 May 16

the basis for this was his genocidal claims, unrealistic, non realities that you, Ghost of a Duke and Rank Outsider used to goad him into being banned despite the fact that you knew they were unreal. Fess up my son and I will hear your confessions.
I am sure Ghost of a Duke and Rank Outsider believed his posting constituted a very real and malicious overt action called hate speech.

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
Of course the prospect of him carrying out genocide were nil but they were an element of his hate speech which you have acknowledged as being criminal. This hatred is a "real" value and it was a hatred that was in part delivered by his constant calls for the mass murder of people on the grounds of their religious beliefs. This is the form that hate speech takes. This is why he was banned.
an unrealistic element of his hate speech that you cast up to him again and again and gain. how unsavoury!

rc

Moves
14 May 16

Originally posted by FMF
I am sure Ghost of a Duke and Rank Outsider believed his posting constituted a very real and malicious overt action called hate speech.
Yes they too are guilty.

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
14 May 16

Just to confirm, we goaded him into making a multitude of hate filled posts in a multitude of threads of his own creation?

Have you left the frigging planet?!

Cryogenically frozen

Moves
14 May 16

Yes they too are guilty.
Are you passing judgement?

I didn't think you did that...

rc

Moves
14 May 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Just to confirm, we goaded him into making a multitude of hate filled posts in a multitude of threads of his own creation?

Have you left the frigging planet?!
did you believe the genocidal claims that Dasa made? did you goad him after he made these claims to make further hateful utterances?