Dependencies for 'Chrisitan' salvation

Dependencies for 'Chrisitan' salvation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
So all you have is 'reflection and contemplation' but you can't tell me exactly what it is that convinced you?
Look, I'd offer you a swig out of my water bottle on a hot day, and I'd stop to help if I found you beaten up in the street, and I might've even given you my second last cigarette if I were still a smoker, but when you kept ignoring my
answers over and over again yesterday, and then you said this...

FMF: When you say "the genuine article of Christianity in its purest form" whose definitions of "genuine" and "purest form" do you have in mind?

Fetchmyjunk: I am referring to the common english usage, dictionary definitions of the words.

...the penny dropped for me. We can have conversations but I'm not going to go out of my way - or use too much of my two finger typing time - to entertain you.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
23 Aug 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Look, I'd offer you a swig out of my water bottle on a hot day, and I'd stop to help if I found you beaten up in the street, and I might've even given you my second last cigarette if I were still a smoker, but when you kept ignoring my
answers over and over again yesterday, and then you said this...

FMF: When you say "the genuine article of Christianity in ...[text shortened]... not going to go out of my way - or use too much of my two finger typing time - to entertain you.
So you seriously think the reason I am spending time to try and understand how you lost your faith in the Bible is for entertainment purposes?

If you feel that it is too personal and you don't want to share it for some or other reason just say so and I will understand.

rc

Moves
23 Aug 16
1 edit

So you seriously think the reason I am spending time to try and understand how you lost your faith in the Bible is for entertainment purposes?

If you feel that it is too personal and you don't want to share it for some or other reason just say so and I will understand.
Its a cheap FMF tactic, he always claims this when he feels uneasy. He essentially insinuates that your text has no validity because its motive is simply for entertainment purposes or is forum banter etc etc Transparent and not very clever.

F

Moves
23 Aug 16

Yes. Of course. I presume a lot of your deadpan gormless questions - where you just ignore answers over and over again - must have something to do with your sense of humour. What else could be behind them? There have been some interesting posts by you, as I said earlier in the thread, but I can only think that you're having some kind of laugh to yourself with some of other peculiar, head down, ears back stuff.

The reason I can't be bothered to share is exactly the reason I gave you above. There is no "some or other reason". πŸ˜›

rc

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
[b]So you seriously think the reason I am spending time to try and understand how you lost your faith in the Bible is for entertainment purposes?

Yes. Of course. I presume a lot of your deadpan gormless questions - where you just ignore answers over and over again - must have something to do with your sense of humour. What else could be behind them? The ...[text shortened]... bothered to share is exactly the reason I gave you above. There is no "some or other reason". πŸ˜›[/b]
Its not working for you FMF.

F

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its not working for you FMF.
Ah ha! You've coined a new catchphrase that you can reuse over and over again on any topic, any thread, any forum, in reply to any point! πŸ˜›

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Aug 16

**sound of firework being urinated on**

rc

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
Ah ha! You've coined a new catchphrase that you can reuse over and over again on any topic, any thread, any forum, in reply to any point! πŸ˜›
Its still not working for you FMF. The enquirers questions were sincere and you have treated them contemptuously with a complete lack of sincerity own your own part. How it pains me to have to bring it to your attention.

F

Moves
23 Aug 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its still not working for you FMF. The enquirers questions were sincere and you have treated them contemptuously with a complete lack of sincerity own your own part. How it pains me to have to bring it to your attention.
Some of Fetchmyjunk's questions and observations and arguments were interesting and a credit to him ~ and I said so. But some of it - especially the stuff about "genuine Christianity in its purest form" - was utterly gormless. πŸ˜‰

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
24 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
Some of Fetchmyjunk's questions and observations and arguments were interesting and a credit to him ~ and I said so. But some of it - especially the stuff about "genuine Christianity in its purest form" - was utterly gormless. πŸ˜‰
So being open-minded enables you to call something foolish that you don't think exists? πŸ™‚

F

Moves
24 Aug 16

So being open-minded enables you to call something foolish that you don't think exists? πŸ™‚
What thing that I don't think exists have I called "foolish"?

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
24 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
What thing that I don't think exists have I called "foolish"?
Genuine Christianity in it's purest form?

F

Moves
24 Aug 16
2 edits

Genuine Christianity in it's purest form?
I haven't called Christianity foolish. I have many close friends who are Christians and I don't think of them as foolish. Many of them are probably smarter than me in many ways.

When you talk about "genuine Christianity in its purest form", what do you mean by "genuine" and what do you mean by "purest form"?

Now, it's obviously possible for you to make a bit of a fool of yourself answering these questions, as you did yesterday - at least to my way of thinking, but we shall see.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
24 Aug 16

Originally posted by FMF
I haven't called Christianity foolish. I have many close friends who are Christians and I don't think of them as foolish. Many of them are probably smarter than me in many ways.

When you talk about "genuine Christianity in its purest form", what do you mean by "genuine" and what do you mean by "purest form"?

Now, it's obviously possible for you to make a b ...[text shortened]... wering these questions, as you did yesterday - at least to my way of thinking, but we shall see.
Instead of 'genuine' I could probably also use the words 'unadulterated' or 'authentic', and by 'purest form' probably 'undiluted'.

F

Moves
24 Aug 16

Instead of 'genuine' I could probably also use the words 'unadulterated' or 'authentic', and by 'purest form' probably 'undiluted'.
"Unadulterated Christianity" or "Authentic Christianity" or "Undiluted Christianity" according to whose definition or perception?