1. northern utah
    Moves
    12 Mar '24 22:29
    speaking in tongues is a false idea.

jersusalem was a city of many people.

when Peter spoke they all spoke up, in many languages. hence, the babble of "tongues" was created as a moment of time.

it was merely the roar of the crowd of many divrergent people and not a holy spirit moment.

use common sense in reading any historical text.

first, common sense.

second, UFOs. in the sky.l
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 07:48
    @pettytalk said
    If individuals who are said to be speaking in tongues are merely uttering unintelligible gibberish, how can you--or anyone else--determine whether what they say is true or false?

Are you acquainted with television personalities such as Kenneth Copeland and Paula White, along with other Prosperity Gospel pastors? Many of these figures claim to be filled with the Holy Spir ...[text shortened]... l.co.uk/video/news/video-2286990/Video-Paula-White-speaks-tongues-prayer-defeat-Trump-opponents.html
    They are full of something. I wouldn't call it the Holy Spirit. Maybe it's the Voice of Mammon.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 09:08
    @suzianne said
    They are full of something. I wouldn't call it the Holy Spirit. Maybe it's the Voice of Mammon.
    There are different gifts of tongues, saying things against the Holy Spirit that is not acceptable to God, I would not be so cavalier about this.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 Mar '24 09:16
    @kellyjay said
    There are different gifts of tongues, saying things against the Holy Spirit that is not acceptable to God, I would not be so cavalier about this.
    So you don’t think that some speaking in tongues is of mammon?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree