Do any of you speak in Tongues?

Do any of you speak in Tongues?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think not alot

On my arse

Moves
113d

@rajk999 said
Vai voit fordeed
means
Im a pussy
Thanks for the interpretation.
I'll put a saucer of milk out for you.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
91d
1 edit

A true story. Years ago in the uk we had a Sunday tv program called credo who filmed somebody talking in tongues and managed to get some the narrative translated which was the opposite end of the scales to holy, as the priest concerned was uttering obscenities

In the eighties I worked with a born again who was going away on a “spiritual weekend”. On Monday he came into the office clearly disturbed and unloaded his woes. He had been in this hall with all the rest of his group when the temperature dropped, the windows started rattling, and the whole horror show went up a gear when somebody collapsed and the priest declared that the person on the floor was “slated of the spirit” and the doors and windows rattling was due to the devil/a demon trying to get into the room. The priest then declared that somebody in the room was acting as a link to it (it’s almost a comedy sketch). It was then decided that my workmate was that very same link, and the remedy was to quickly open the door and chuck him outside with it (he shat himself). Cutting the story short my question to my workmate was “was there anyone inside the room that allegedly could perform powerful works?” “Yes” was the response, “the priests wife spoke in tongues”. The age of tongues has past; if somebody has something to say they should speak I’m a language that everyone can understand and upbuild them that way (I’m my opinion).

Some people never learn. He ended up getting a witch pregnant.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
91d

@medullah said
A true story. Years ago in the uk we had a Sunday tv program called credo who filmed somebody talking in tongues and managed to get some the narrative translated which was the opposite end of the scales to holy, as the priest concerned was uttering obscenities

In the eighties I worked with a born again who was going away on a “spiritual weekend”. On Monday he came into ...[text shortened]... ld them that way (I’m my opinion).

Some people never learn. He ended up getting a witch pregnant.
An old story, and has nothing to do with when God moves on a person.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
90d

@KellyJay

On the contrary. I contend that modern day speaking in tongues is not of holy spirit.

Straight question Kelly J. If you have ever been present when somebody did speak in tongues was this criteria met -

"Now, brothers, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction?"

Was anything revealed or was it just somebody talking in an unknown dialect?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
90d

@medullah said
@KellyJay

On the contrary. I contend that modern day speaking in tongues is not of holy spirit.

Straight question Kelly J. If you have ever been present when somebody did speak in tongues was this criteria met -

"Now, brothers, if I come to you and speak in tongues, what good will I be to you, unless I bring you some revelation or knowledge or prophecy or word of instruction?"

Okay sure, you don't believe God does what God said He would, that is your opinion. Cannot argue with an opinion, I can only point you to what the scripture says.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
90d

@medullah said
@KellyJay

Yes, I have been present and I experienced it.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
90d

@medullah said
@KellyJay

You realize too don't you there are more than one gift of tongues?

I think not alot

On my arse

Moves
90d

I know a lot of Portuguese sware words .
Does that count?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
90d

@kellyjay said
An old story, and has nothing to do with when God moves on a person.
Why is the age of the story pertinent to you?

Moves
90d

Any translators of tongues here? If anyone could identify the language these two are speaking, perhaps we can use Google translate.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
89d

@kellyjay said
Yes, I have been present and I experienced it.
Ok let’s cut to the quick. What was said in tongues in terms of upbuilding speech or prophecy? Of the speech uttered what did either you or anyone else understand ?

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
89d

@kellyjay said
Okay sure, you don't believe God does what God said He would, that is your opinion. Cannot argue with an opinion, I can only point you to what the scripture says.
I never said that - you are attempting to attribute to me something that I have not contended.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
89d

@medullah said
Ok let’s cut to the quick. What was said in tongues in terms of upbuilding speech or prophecy? Of the speech uttered what did either you or anyone else understand ?
As I said there is more than one gift of tongues, there is the one that everyone hears in their native language, there is a prayer that only God knows, then tongues and interpretation. I have been around where tongues and interpretations occurred, so what was said in tongues was interpreted, and the room understood it was always up-building. I will tell you the first time it happened it was a full gospel business meeting several hundred people who were worshiping, everyone got quiet all at once, no one directed that, and it happened, tongues and interpretations.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
88d

@KellyJay

What was said in tongues that was upbuilding?

F

Moves
88d

@kellyjay said
As I said there is more than one gift of tongues, there is the one that everyone hears in their native language, there is a prayer that only God knows, then tongues and interpretation. I have been around where tongues and interpretations occurred, so what was said in tongues was interpreted, and the room understood it was always up-building. I will tell you the first time ...[text shortened]... everyone got quiet all at once, no one directed that, and it happened, tongues and interpretations.
Have you ever witnessed a situation where the "speaking in tongues" that was going on was fraudulent?