1. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    21 Feb '24 15:13
    Believers who expect to go to heaven when this life is over have a variety of expectations based on their understanding of scripture. This is not limited to any particular religion which promises heaven.

What type of 'daily' activities will be offered in heaven to pass away the 'time' in eternity?
  2. Subscribermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    21 Feb '24 17:033 edits
    @pettytalk said
    Believers who expect to go to heaven when this life is over have a variety of expectations based on their understanding of scripture. This is not limited to any particular religion which promises heaven.

What type of 'daily' activities will be offered in heaven to pass away the 'time' in eternity?

The Bible goes into little detail about this, but a clue can be found in 1 Corinthians 6:3-4: Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! This would suggest that those in heaven will be overseers of he works of God's angels.

In addition, Revelation chapter 21 speaks of a "new heaven and a new earth" This would suggest that God may give those in heaven domain over their assigned place in it.
  3. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    21 Feb '24 23:03
    @pettytalk said

Well, for one thing, there'll be Test Match cricket on the TV, England against India, and England will win every game, of course. I'm not sure if this is mentioned anywhere in 'the scriptures' , but it may be implied somewhere.

N.B. Indians will be watching a different TV channel, in which they win every game, and we'll all meet for a few beers afterwards.
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    21 Feb '24 23:04
    @mchill said

The Bible goes into little detail about this, but a clue can be found in 1 Corinthians 6:3-4: Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life! This would suggest that those in heaven will be overseers of he works of God's angels.

In addition, ...[text shortened]... earth" This would suggest that God may give those in heaven domain over their assigned place in it.
    Do you not know that we will judge angels?
    These Angels that will be judged, they are those who were cast out of heaven with Satan.
    Old Testament tradition passed down tells us that it was a third of the Angels whom followed Satan and were cast out of heaven.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Feb '24 23:11
    @pettytalk said

There is no biblical support for the teaching that people go to heaven. Jesus clarified that false doctrine

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. (John 3:13 KJV)

Paradise is another matter and should not be confused with 'heaven'. Paul said there are three levels of heaven and he was taken up to the third. Who knows where or what that is? The Jews have in their literature seven levels of heaven. Again we do not know where that is except that at one of them is the abode of God to which no man can go.

The teaching that people go to heaven when they die is false.
  6. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 00:133 edits
    @rajk999 said
    There is no biblical support for the teaching that people go to heaven. Jesus clarified that false doctrine

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven. (John 3:13 KJV)

Paradise is another matter and should not be confused with 'heaven'. Paul said there are three levels of heaven and he wa ...[text shortened]... bode of God to which no man can go.

The teaching that people go to heaven when they die is false.
    There is no biblical support for the teaching that people go to heaven.

[1st Peter 1:4 KJV] 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Thoughts?
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 00:31
    @kingdavid403 said
    There is no biblical support for the teaching that people go to heaven.

[1st Peter 1:4 KJV] 4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Thoughts?
    Your brand new car, sleek and shiny, is reserved in the showroom for you.

You get a car not the showroom.

Peter is saying you get your inheritance [which is eternal life] in the Kingdom of God. My understanding is that this is in the New Jerusalem .. not heaven.
  8. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 00:35
    @mchill said

In addition, ...[text shortened]... earth" This would suggest that God may give those in heaven domain over their assigned place in it.
    [2nd Peter 2:4 NKJV] 4 For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast [them] down to hell and delivered [them] into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;

[Jude 1:6 NKJV] 6 And the angels who did not keep their proper domain, but left their own abode, He has reserved in everlasting chains under darkness for the judgment of the great day;
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 00:51
    @rajk999 said
    Your brand new car, sleek and shiny, is reserved in the showroom for you.

You get a car not the showroom.

Peter is saying you get your inheritance [which is eternal life] in the Kingdom of God. My understanding is that this is in the New Jerusalem .. not heaven.
    You may be correct.
    Either way, we will be in paradise with no more death, no more sorrow, no more pain, no more sickness, etc.
    Would you say that is correct?
  10. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 01:08
    @indonesia-phil said
    Well, for one thing, there'll be Test Match cricket on the TV, England against India, and England will win every game, of course. I'm not sure if this is mentioned anywhere in 'the scriptures' , but it may be implied somewhere.

N.B. Indians will be watching a different TV channel, in which they win every game, and we'll all meet for a few beers afterwards.
    To have winners, there must also be losers. Can there be losers in heaven? I haven't seen that addressed in the scriptures either. Perhaps I may have overlooked it if it is mentioned.

I have a suspicion that heaven might not be all it's cracked up to be if we simply go by scripture. I hope we can engage in activities like playing chess and cricket.

It is supposed to be pleasurable, which must be inferred from scripture, as it tells us there will be no pain there. But I was thinking, it seems that here on earth, whether beast or man, the most pleasurable activity is supposed to be sex. Will there be sex activity in heaven?

These are some of the things to be discussed on this thread.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 01:10
    @kingdavid403 said
    You may be correct.
    Either way, we will be in paradise with no more death, no more sorrow, no more pain, no more sickness, etc.
    Would you say that is correct?
    Of course. Believing that you going to heaven is not a sin, just slightly delusional, a harmless one though. Some like the JWs believe that the Earth will be transformed into a paradise permanently, and that is where mankind will reside forever.
  12. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 01:35
    @pettytalk said
    To have winners, there must also be losers. Can there be losers in heaven? I haven't seen that addressed in the scriptures either. Perhaps I may have overlooked it if it is mentioned.

I have a suspicion that heaven might not be all it's cracked up to be if we simply go by scripture. I hope we can engage in activities like playing chess and cricket.

It is supposed to b ...[text shortened]... ill there be sex activity in heaven?

These are some of the things to be discussed on this thread.
    Will there be sex activity in heaven?
    lol Well, the Bible says nothing about sex in heaven or paradise. It does say that there is no marriage in heaven. I guess that removes the hell part of it. Oh sht, here comes my wife. see ya.... 😳
    😛
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 02:18
    @kingdavid403 said
    Will there be sex activity in heaven?
    lol Well, the Bible says nothing about sex in heaven or paradise. It does say that there is no marriage in heaven. I guess that removes the hell part of it. Oh sht, here comes my wife. see ya.... 😳
    😛
    Jesus said at the resurrection all who are raised and transformed will be like angels of God, and these are sexless spiritual beings. The bible also said man cannot imagine what God has prepared ie in the New Jerusalem.
  14. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 03:37
    @rajk999 said
    Jesus said at the resurrection all who are raised and transformed will be like angels of God, and these are sexless spiritual beings. The bible also said man cannot imagine what God has prepared ie in the New Jerusalem.
    I think you are correct about the sex thing. I know you are correct about the rest. 🙂
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Feb '24 10:34
    @kingdavid403 said
    I think you are correct about the sex thing. I know you are correct about the rest. 🙂
    Nevertheless its still all vague and not everything is made clear in the bible as Paul also admitted. What is important is that when the time comes we are on the right side of Christ.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree