For those believing to be going to Heaven: How do you imagine it to be?

For those believing to be going to Heaven: How do you imagine it to be?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
79d

@pettytalk said
Believers who expect to go to heaven when this life is over have a variety of expectations based on their understanding of scripture. This is not limited to any particular religion which promises heaven.

What type of 'daily' activities will be offered in heaven to pass away the 'time' in eternity?
I'm guessing nude beach volleyball is out.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
79d

@suzianne said
I'm guessing nude beach volleyball is out.
Disappointing.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
78d

@rajk999 said
Nevertheless its still all vague and not everything is made clear in the bible as Paul also admitted. What is important is that when the time comes we are on the right side of Christ.
Exactly. πŸ™‚ Amen.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
78d

@divegeester said
Disappointing.
To say the least. 😒

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
78d
1 edit

@kingdavid403 said
To say the least. 😒
We have to assume that angels have free will and are capable of doing such things even if it is contrary to the will of God. I guess that is why Genesis and Jude records the problem God had with some angels who were rebellious. So even if one gets eternal life, the propensity to do evil is not eliminated.

Some may go the way of fallen angels even after resurrection and entry into the Kingdom of God. Not a nice thought though.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
78d
3 edits

@rajk999 said
We have to assume that angels have free will and are capable of doing such things even if it is contrary to the will of God. I guess that is why Genesis and Jude records the problem God had with some angels who were rebellious. So even if one gets eternal life, the propensity to do evil is not eliminated.

Some may go the way of fallen angels even after resurrection and entry into the Kingdom of God. Not a nice thought though.
I agree.
Well, we know that many will fall after the 1000 years in paradise with Jesus as Lord. And then the final judgement. After that, to me, all I see is a metaphoric mystery. Other than we will be with Jesus in His Glory. Those that don't fall in the mean time anyway. πŸ™‚

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
76d

Heaven is going to be a very crowded place if everyone ended up there, though fortunately this isn’t the case as as Matthew 5:5 and Psalm 37:11 confirms “the meek shall inherit the earth”.

So as there are scriptures pointing to both a heavenly and an earthly existence, are we looking at two groups of believers with different eventualities ?

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
76d

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
76d
1 edit

@medullah said
Heaven is going to be a very crowded place if everyone ended up there, though fortunately this isn’t the case as as Matthew 5:5 and Psalm 37:11 confirms “the meek shall inherit the earth”.

So as there are scriptures pointing to both a heavenly and an earthly existence, are we looking at two groups of believers with different eventualities ?
Sorry, I see that I misunderstood your question. My answer would still be yes; and even more groups and eventualities. My opinion.

Lover of History

Northants, England

Moves
76d
1 edit

@KingDavid403

An obvious third group will be those that dint survive ; have you any others in mind ?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
76d

@divegeester said
Disappointing.
Tell me about it!

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
76d

@rajk999 said

This is why the 1000 year wait until Satan is loosed again ("for a short time" ).

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
76d

@medullah said

An interesting idea.

I'd not thought about it. It doesn't exactly seem a good idea, though.

In Norse mythology, there is no "sub-Valhalla", although there is always Fólkvangr.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
76d

@medullah said
@KingDavid403

An obvious third group will be those that dint survive ; have you any others in mind ?
Another group would be those who take the mark of the beast who go to the Lake of Fire with Satan and his lieutenants, although being human, rather than eternal torment, that is probably another annihilation.

King David

Planet Earth.

Moves
75d
4 edits

@medullah said
@KingDavid403

Yes.
[1Corinthians 3:8-9, 11, 13-15 NKJV]
8 Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.
9 For we are God's fellow workers; you are God's field, [you are] God's building. ...
11 For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ. ...
13 each one's work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one's work, of what sort it is.
14 If anyone's work which he has built on [it] endures, he will receive a reward.
15 If anyone's work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
Different eventualities, different standings. Some will stand greater than others and some will be just common blokes. We will all have different eventualities I believe. Kind of like it is on the earth today. No two people have the exact same life. "Different eventualities."
We know that there are animals in Heaven, Paradise, etc. Paradise would just not be paradise without all my pets that I have had the blessing to have had, and still have, in my life here on earth.
So, my eventuality in paradise would be different than anyone else because I will have my pets in my life forever; and, most likely no one else will but my wife and family. "Different eventualities." With Jesus as Lord and God.