For those believing to be going to Heaven: How do you imagine it to be?

For those believing to be going to Heaven: How do you imagine it to be?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
76d

@rajk999 said
We have to assume that angels have free will and are capable of doing such things even if it is contrary to the will of God. I guess that is why Genesis and Jude records the problem God had with some angels who were rebellious. So even if one gets eternal life, the propensity to do evil is not eliminated.

Some may go the way of fallen angels even after resurrection and entry into the Kingdom of God. Not a nice thought though.
The problem with evil ends after judgement is done. The issues that have sprung up due to evil will be well known, the damage that was inflicted, due to selfishness will not be appealing to live through again. On judgement day when everything is revealed with nothing hidden evil will be totally revealed for what it is, couple that with what is corruptible now will put on incorruptible. Evil will be purged from the Kingdom of God, forever!

Moves
76d

Will there be schools in heaven?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
76d

@kellyjay said
The problem with evil ends after judgement is done. The issues that have sprung up due to evil will be well known, the damage that was inflicted, due to selfishness will not be appealing to live through again. On judgement day when everything is revealed with nothing hidden evil will be totally revealed for what it is, couple that with what is corruptible now will put on incorruptible. Evil will be purged from the Kingdom of God, forever!
This reads like the opening scroll of a Star Wars movie.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
76d

@pettytalk said
Will there be schools in heaven?
I can tell you my thoughts about it, just know that is all I'm doing. We will forever be learning from an endless God.

Lover of Great Apes

Brasov Zoo

Moves
74d

@pettytalk said
Believers who expect to go to heaven when this life is over have a variety of expectations based on their understanding of scripture. This is not limited to any particular religion which promises heaven.

What type of 'daily' activities will be offered in heaven to pass away the 'time' in eternity?
I hope goat dancing. Nice πŸ‘πŸ˜

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
74d

@filthyherman said
Sounds fun!

Moves
72d

@kellyjay said
I can tell you my thoughts about it, just know that is all I'm doing. We will forever be learning from an endless God.
On earth there is a time when we are supposed to put the learning into practice. In heaven, is learning only about knowing? What's the use of knowing if it's just for the sake of knowing? Someone can study and learn to be a physician. But if a physician never puts it into practice, what's the use of learning, if it's only for the sake of learning?

Any thoughts on what people in heaven will be learning? And more importantly, will the learning be put into practice in heaven?

Moves
72d

@filthyherman said
Square dancing may also be offered.

But I have also heard that rock dancing will be offered at a remote off-site location. The Jail house rock dance.

Moves
72d

@divegeester said
Sounds fun!
We'll make you the scapegoat and dance on your back, to make it more fun. You have a soft back to cushion our steps... spineless?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
72d

@pettytalk said
On earth there is a time when we are supposed to put the learning into practice. In heaven, is learning only about knowing? What's the use of knowing if it's just for the sake of knowing? Someone can study and learn to be a physician. But if a physician never puts it into practice, what's the use of learning, if it's only for the sake of learning?

Any thoughts on what p ...[text shortened]... in heaven will be learning? And more importantly, will the learning be put into practice in heaven?
It has not entered the mind of man what God has in store for those entering into His Kingdom.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
70d

@kellyjay said
What about after the 1,000 years Satan will be bound?

Evil will not be destroyed until after that. It will be given a chance to gain adherents after most have forgotten. Call it "Phase Two", if you will.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
70d
2 edits

@divegeester said
This reads like the opening scroll of a Star Wars movie.
But even after Palpatine was temporarily vanquished, the First Order arose.

People seem to always be attracted to evil. The easy way out, and all that.

Easier to call yourself Supreme Leader without earning it.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
70d

@suzianne said
But even after Palpatine was temporarily vanquished, the First Order arose.

People seem to always be attracted to evil. The easy way out, and all that.

Easier to call yourself Supreme Leader without earning it.
Huh?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
69d
1 edit

@suzianne said
What about after the 1,000 years Satan will be bound?

Evil will not be destroyed until after that. It will be given a chance to gain adherents after most have forgotten. Call it "Phase Two", if you will.
There are two judgments the 2nd is the one that purges evil from the Kingdom of God.

Revelation 20 ESV
Judgment Before the Great White Throne
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done. And the sea gave up the dead who were in it, Death and Hades gave up the dead who were in them, and they were judged, each one of them, according to what they had done. Then Death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire. And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.

The final judgment is after the 1K years and Satan getting released to deceive again.

Moves
69d

@kellyjay said
There are two judgments the 2nd is the one that purges evil from the Kingdom of God.

Revelation 20 ESV
Judgment Before the Great White Throne
Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. From his presence earth and sky fled away, and no place was found for them. And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then ...[text shortened]... ke of fire.

The final judgment is after the 1K years and Satan getting released to deceive again.
"And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done."

Where is the book of grace? If it exists, will it be opened after the books used to judge people for their works (what they had done)?