1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Mar '24 12:521 edit
    @pettytalk said
    "And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done."

Where is the book of grace? If it exists, will it be opened after the books used to judge people for their works (what they had done)?
    Revelation 20:15
    And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
  2. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    03 Mar '24 12:58
    @kellyjay said
    Then another book was opened, which is the book of life.
    Why waste all that writing and reading to judge people for their works only to grace (pardon) them?

And what about the second and final judgment of those whose names were written in the book of life, and were not thrown in the oven of hell? Will there be a second edition of the book of grace?
  3. Joined
    14 Jan '19
    Moves
    03 Mar '24 13:03
    @kellyjay said
    Revelation 20:15
    And if anyone's name was not found written in the book of life, he was thrown into the lake of fire.
    Therefore, as you understand it, not everyone will have the benefit of grace?
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Mar '24 14:15
    @pettytalk said
    Why waste all that writing and reading to judge people for their works only to grace (pardon) them?

And what about the second and final judgment of those whose names were written in the book of life, and were not thrown in the oven of hell? Will there be a second edition of the book of grace?
    Grace is a gift of unmerited kindness, redemption, and love that God gives the undeserved. The judgment for the redeemed is not for right standing with God, but for the work done with our lives while redeemed.

Our works in Christ will be judged by 🔥 fire, they may be destroyed or remain, but the salvation was settled by Jesus Christ if it depended upon our works that would make it about merit not grace through faith.
  5. Joined
    02 Mar '24
    Moves
    07 Mar '24 14:17
    @PettyTalk
    The question assumes there is "time" in eternity. I'm not certain there is. Also, the Bible nowhere clearly states that people "go to heaven", as they say. I DO see where Christ returns for us though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree