1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:283 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    DON'T ATTEMPT TO ANSWER THE QUESTION. ATTACK THE POSTER. 😀
    divinations is how you described the process of attempting to understand prophesy, man if that aint the most ignorant thing i evah heard. those were your words were they not? divination, bwahaha.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:30
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    How do you suppose that someone quantify the number of prophesies that one attempts to understand?
    The question is: 'How many major predictions has the JW organisation made over the last 100 or more years that have been right and how many of them have been wrong?'
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:32
    divinations is how you described the process of attempting to understand prophesy, man if that aint the most ignorant thing i evah heard. those were your words were they not? divination, bwahaha.
    Here's what I asked for, verbatim: "major predictions, forecasts, prognostications, prognoses, or supposed divinations". If you don't happen to like one of the words on the list, just have a go at any one or more of "predictions, forecasts, prognostications, prognoses"
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:321 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The question is: 'How many major predictions has the JW organisation made over the last 100 or more years that have been right and how many of them have been wrong?'
    can you tell the forum how you think the brothers went about this divination that you describe? did they cast the entrails of animals upon the ground? look at tea leaves? perhaps they used to pieces of willow or ash ? divination???? please tell the forum how they went about this thing you have described?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:34
    can you tell the forum how you think the brothers went about this divination that you describe? did they cast the entrails of animals upon the ground? look at tea leaves? perhaps they used to pieces of willow or ash ? divination???? please tell the forum how they went about this thing you have described?
    CIRCLE THE WAGONS. DON'T ATTEMPT TO ANSWER THE QUESTION. ATTACK THE POSTER.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:341 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Here's what I asked for, verbatim: "major predictions, forecasts, prognostications, prognoses, or supposed divinations". If you don't happen to like one of the words on the list, just have a go at any one or more of "predictions, forecasts, prognostications, prognoses"
    come tell the forum how the brothers went about getting these supposed divinations

THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON YOUR PERSON ITS ASKING YOU TO EXPLAIN YOUR WORDS. here they are

SUPPOSED DIVINATION
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:36
    Originally posted by FMF
    CIRCLE THE WAGONS. DON'T ATTEMPT TO ANSWER THE QUESTION. ATTACK THE POSTER.
    oh dear i don't think repeating the same DRIVEL it is going to help you, you made the statement, its not an attack on your person, its asking you for clarification of your words, so lets ask you again, how did the brothers go about this supposed divination that you describe.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:36
    come tell the forum how the brothers went about getting these supposed divinations
    If you don't like the word "divinations" [which means "the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means", e.g. from the supposedly supernaturally-inspired Bible], then just tackle the question through the words "major predictions, forecasts, prognostications, prognoses".
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:38

THIS IS NOT AN ATTACK ON YOUR PERSON ITS ASKING YOU TO EXPLAIN YOUR WORDS. here they are

SUPPOSED DIVINATION
    I don't know, I'm not a JW. How did "the brothers" go about making their "predictions, forecasts, prognostications, prognoses" and how many of them have been right and how many have been wrong?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you don't like the word "divinations" [which means "the practice of seeking knowledge of the future or the unknown by supernatural means", e.g. from the supposedly supernaturally-inspired Bible], then just tackle the question through the words "major predictions, forecasts, prognostications, prognoses".
    I want you to tell the forum how they went about this supposed divination that you describe, those were your words, its nothing to do with my liking anything, so you will now tell the forum how the brothers went about this supposed divination that you mention. fourth time asking.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:391 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't know, I'm not a JW. How did "the brothers" go about making their "predictions, forecasts, prognostications, prognoses" and how many of them have been right and how many have been wrong?
    you don't know and yet you used the term, is that not an indication of your ignorance? Clearly it must be? how else are we to understand it? do you normally simply apply words to processes that you know next to nothing about?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:39
    you made the statement
    In fact, I asked a question, and you seem intent on not answering it.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:40
    you don't know and yet you used the term, is that not an indication of your ignorance?
    I used the word "divinations" in one of the ways that I understand it. If you disagree, that's fine. But it is a red herring on your part. What about the other words I used?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    In fact, I asked a question, and you seem intent on not answering it.
    I have no intention of battling your ignorance.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:43
    ...you will now tell the forum how the brothers went about this supposed divination that you mention. fourth time asking.
    I don't know how they did, or even if they did. If they took the bible to be a supernaturally inspired book, then looking at it to find supernaturally inspired predictions about the future would be "divinations" according to my understanding of the word. So, that aside - discount my use of that particular word if you want to - what about the rest of the question?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree