1. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:43
    Originally posted by FMF
    I used the word "divinations" in one of the ways that I understand it. If you disagree, that's fine. But it is a red herring on your part. What about the other words I used?
    In the way that you understand it? which may have no basis in any reality beyond your own, oh dear. I don't disagree because there is nothing to disagree with you clearly don't have the foggiest idea what you are talking about and can explain absolutely nothing about the process.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:45
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    In the way that you understand it? which may have no basis in any reality beyond your own, oh dear. I don't disagree because there is nothing to disagree with you clearly don't have the foggiest idea what you are talking about and can explain absolutely nothing about the process.
    OK, take the word out of the question then if you want. Here it is again, without it:

On the numerous occasions over the last 100 or more years when the JW organisation has made major predictions, forecasts, prognostications, or prognoses based on what it claimed to have learned from studying the Bible - after which it then exercised its "responsibility" to tell others - how many times was the organisation right and how many times was the organisation wrong about "what is to come"?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    I don't know how they did, or even if they did. If they took the bible to be a supernaturally inspired book, then looking at it to find supernaturally inspired predictions about the future would be "divinations" according to my understanding of the word. So, that aside - discount my use of that particular word if you want to - what about the rest of the question?
    here you are, assigning words to processes that you don't understand and trying to ascertain values on the basis of words that have no relevance to any values other than those which you have assumed?? clearly you must see that such a self assuming stance is so far removed from reality that it begs belief.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:471 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    OK, take the word out of the question then if you want. Here it is again, without it:

On the numerous occasions over the last 100 or more years when the JW organisation has made major predictions, forecasts, prognostications, or prognoses based on what it claimed to have learned from studying the Bible - after which it then exercised its "responsibility" to t ...[text shortened]... as the organisation right and how many times was the organisation wrong about "what is to come"?
    If you cannot tell us a single thing about the process, how accurate are any of your words you use to describe that process that you have admit you have no understanding of?
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:48
    here you are, assigning words to processes that you don't understand and trying to ascertain values on the basis of words that have no relevance to any values other than those which you have assumed?? clearly you must see that such a self assuming stance is so far removed from reality that it begs belief.
    Do you think you're coming across as engaging the question about the success - or otherwise - of the JW organisation's Bible-based predictions - or do you you're coming across as dodging it?
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:49
    If you cannot tell us a single thing about the process, how accurate are any of your words you use to describe a process that you have no understanding of?
    You tell us about "the process". And then tell us how successful it has been - in the past - at predicting future events.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:491 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think you're coming across as engaging the question about the success - or otherwise - of the JW organisation's Bible-based predictions - or do you you're coming across as dodging it?
    I have no idea what you are talking about and neither it seems do you. supposed divinations? when you understand the process and when you can accurately describe what it is you are talking about then i will be in a better position to answer any questions, but i am certainly not going to battle ignorance and assumed values that have no basis in nay reality other than of your own making.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:501 edit
    clearly you must see that such a self assuming stance is so far removed from reality that it begs belief.
    What has been the "reality" regarding your organisation in getting its predictions right and how many times has the organisation got it wrong with regard to "what is to come"?
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:51
    Originally posted by FMF
    What has been the "reality" regarding your organisation in getting its predictions right and how many times has the organisation got it wrong with regard to "what is to come"?
    predictions? what are you talking about predictions?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:521 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    predictions? i have no idea what you are talking about predictions? Do you think that the process of understand prophecy concerns itself solely with what you vaguely term predictions, or divinations?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:52
    I have no idea what you are talking about and neither it seems do you.
    You have no idea what predictions the JW organisation has made - based on its understanding of the Bible - over the last 100 or so years? Really?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:542 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have no idea what predictions the JW organisation has made - based on its understanding of the Bible - over the last 100 or so years? Really?
    No I have no idea what you are talking about and neither it seems do you. Predictions???? what are you talking about, predictions????? Is that the same as supposed divinations?
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:55
    No I have no idea what you are talking about and neither it seems do you. predictions, what are you talking about, predictions?
    The ones roigam was referring to earlier on this thread.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:55
    robbie are you behaving in an honest way and posting contributions to this topic in good faith on this thread?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Oct '16 02:571 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The ones roigam was referring to earlier on this thread.
    I have no idea what these predictions are you are talking about. I have no idea what these supposed divinations are that you are talking about. Infact nothing you say makes any sense.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree