Intelligent? Design

Intelligent? Design

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Nov 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
Yes, everyone dies. Even Jesus. The big deal there was he never came back because he never died on the cross, but that is another story. I am saying people think a god would single out a person to save, calling it a miracle when literally millions of people just as deserving or more gets killed, or tortured.

Tell me how a god would save one person but le ...[text shortened]... thing. If that is what you think, you have a long way to go before you count yourself civilized.
Everyone is going to die, they could all die in the sleep peacefully and they would be as
dead if they were to die off with TB.

Jesus dying and coming back from the dead I believe in, you reject it.

The salvation for everyone isn't that they get to live here a little longer, since no matter
what they are still going to die.

In this life my view is we should be treating each other with love, grace, and mercy since
we are all going to die and will give an account for our words, deeds. I believe Jesus did
indeed die for everyone so everyone needs to be treated well because of Jesus died for
them.

With respect to how we treat one another if we murder another than that murdered
person's death is different than someone dying of natural causes. Reason being some
person took it upon themselves to take away another's right to life. Even saying that
if they were not murdered at some point in time they were still going to die. That doesn't
mean we can die in a manner that is not just or natural.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Nov 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
Everyone is going to die, they could all die in the sleep peacefully and they would be as
dead if they were to die off with TB.

Jesus dying and coming back from the dead I believe in, you reject it.

The salvation for everyone isn't that they get to live here a little longer, since no matter
what they are still going to die.

In this life my view i ...[text shortened]... were still going to die. That doesn't
mean we can die in a manner that is not just or natural.
My point is the religious set jumps on the bandwagon of instant miracle of some poor soul who had something bad and then got well, pronounced a miracle but their supposed god ignoring the plight of literally millions of others just as worthy.

Are we to suppose the small number of alleged miracles indicates they were say one million times more worthy than the million devout christians who lost their life to wars, disease and whatnot, only that one person recieved the 'grace' of god?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
10 Nov 16

My point is the religious set jumps on the bandwagon of instant miracle of some poor soul who had something bad and then got well, pronounced a miracle but their supposed god ignoring the plight of literally millions of others just as worthy.

Are we to suppose the small number of alleged miracles indicates they were say one million times more worthy tha ...[text shortened]... lost their life to wars, disease and whatnot, only that one person recieved the 'grace' of god?
You are putting to much on what happens in this life as in this is all there is, and it doesn't
mean that is someone has a bad end here that they ended up badly with God. We can all
get wet when it rains outside good and bad, we can all get some sun when the sun is
shining outside the just and unjust. What we go through here we all share in the good and
bad times with some enjoying more good or bad times than others. For all we know those
that are living some of the so called good lives are heading for the worst ends.

I'd also submit that some of us that are going through some bad things in life might even
be some of the more blessed of God these people will be. We cannot judge what is good
or bad by how things are going for each of us.

This is a temporary life and what is important to God isn't necessarily what is important to
us, even you or me.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Nov 16

You are putting to much on what happens in this life as in this is all there is, and it doesn't
mean that is someone has a bad end here that they ended up badly with God. We can all
get wet when it rains outside good and bad, we can all get some sun when the sun is
shining outside the just and unjust. What we go through here we all share in the good and ...[text shortened]... ry life and what is important to God isn't necessarily what is important to
us, even you or me.
Especially if there is no such thing as a bible god, then you worship in vain. But hey, it's your life. And so it goes.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Nov 16

Especially if there is no such thing as a bible god, then you worship in vain. But hey, it's your life. And so it goes.
If God is the reason for the universe than vain will not cover that reality for most.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Nov 16

If God is the reason for the universe than vain will not cover that reality for most.
And of course you put in the 'if' for me, since for you there is no 'if'. Hard to prove one way or the other of course.

Moves
11 Nov 16

And of course you put in the 'if' for me, since for you there is no 'if'. Hard to prove one way or the other of course.
The history of the concept of God (Abrahamic) has been all about trimming away the bits that are indefensible. Flat earth, geocentrism, new earth creationism, and the like. Of course these doctrines are described by enlightened Christians as non-essential, which is only understandable as part of dropping the issue.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
11 Nov 16

There is an "if" for both of us, unless you are so sure about what you are declaring as truth
you think it is something beyond you being wrong about.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Nov 16

There is an "if" for both of us, unless you are so sure about what you are declaring as truth
you think it is something beyond you being wrong about.
If JC and the boys want to contact me personally, I will listen, till then, humans telling me about gods, fogedaboutit. BTW, did you ever listen to my BS music?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Nov 16

If JC and the boys want to contact me personally, I will listen, till then, humans telling me about gods, fogedaboutit. BTW, did you ever listen to my BS music?
No, I have not listen sorry! I'm going to, been hectic here lately my todo lists seem to be
growing. I normally wouldn't even be posting here since I only do that when I'm sitting at
my desktop, but I broke down and got a smart phone so I'm here when I in a waiting room
or have a few minutes. 🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
13 Nov 16

No, I have not listen sorry! I'm going to, been hectic here lately my todo lists seem to be
growing. I normally wouldn't even be posting here since I only do that when I'm sitting at
my desktop, but I broke down and got a smart phone so I'm here when I in a waiting room
or have a few minutes. 🙂
Waiting room? Not a medical condition I hope?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Nov 16
1 edit

Waiting room? Not a medical condition I hope?
Yea I caught walking pneumonia which was a little concerning. I caught pneumonia a few years ago and it nearly killed me. They had to go into me and took out a liter and a half of fluid out of my right lung. It's cleared up now, but when I get a bad cough my wife starts watching me.

Maryland

Moves
13 Nov 16
1 edit

Bacteria and viruses are not mentioned in the bible. You would think the most prevalent life forms on earth would be worth a mention. The answer of course is that man wrote the bible and man did not know about micro organisms.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Nov 16

Originally posted by 667joe
Bacteria and viruses are not mentioned in the bible. You would think the most prevalent life forms on earth would be worth a mention. The answer of course is that man wrote the bible and man did not know about micro organisms.
I would recommend a book called "None of these diseases" by S.I. McMiller, MD he took a physicians view about what was medically sound in scripture. I agree with you about bacteria and viruses but what you see in scriptures deals with them.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Nov 16

Yea I caught walking pneumonia which was a little concerning. I caught pneumonia a few years ago and it nearly killed me. They had to go into me and took out a liter and a half of fluid out of my right lung. It's cleared up now, but when I get a bad cough my wife starts watching me.
I didn't know you could even PUT that much fluid in your lungs. I had all that and more but at age of 5,6,7. I got pneunonia again when I was due to be let out of the USAF in 66 and had to spend a few days recouperating before they let me go. Assswipe doc puts on my permanent military medical record (I found out years later) 'patient obviously ill but unco-operative and overacting' Unquote. The fact I had a fever of 104 didn't mean much I guess.
Well, here's hoping you heal.