Intelligent? Design

Intelligent? Design

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ro

Moves
14 Nov 16
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
he took a physicians view about what was medically sound in scripture
No he didn't. What he did was attempt to justify the medical pronouncements in the Bible in accordance with his beliefs.

The bits in the Bible on leprosy are ludicrous unless you start from the proposition that it is God's word and must therefore be perfect.

I mean, how far do you think you would get in a medical exam if you put that load of nonsense forward as your recommended approach to dealing with the disease?

(and before you say anything, I am talking about all that is set out in the Bible, not just the bits that you cherry pick and which any group of people could have deduced through observation etc)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Nov 16

Originally posted by sonhouse
I didn't know you could even PUT that much fluid in your lungs. I had all that and more but at age of 5,6,7. I got pneunonia again when I was due to be let out of the USAF in 66 and had to spend a few days recouperating before they let me go. Assswipe doc puts on my permanent military medical record (I found out years later) 'patient obviously ill but unco ...[text shortened]... Unquote. The fact I had a fever of 104 didn't mean much I guess.
Well, here's hoping you heal.
This is gross so I'm sorry, they took out a liter and half and some of it had solidified on the
right lung so they pealed it off. I have a very sensitive right side now still, and that
occurred in 2003. The deep nerves are good so you could slap or punch my right side no
big deal, but a gentle touch bothers me, at first even wearing a shirt was an issue.

I think that one of the things that saved my life was I also caught Pleurisy at the same
time. So when I coughed it was like someone was stabbing me, it got so bad that if I
started coughing I could end up on my knees the pain was great. I went to the ER for
that, and that was when they discovered the pneumonia. I had gone in a few times for
the pain, so they had several x-rays to look at. I was fortunate one doctor was going to
send me home again, and another looked at how fast my lung was filling up and said
I need surgery or I wasn't going to make it. If he hadn't come in at that time I'd been toast.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Nov 16

Originally posted by Rank outsider
No he didn't. What he did was attempt to justify the medical pronouncements in the Bible in accordance with his beliefs.

The bits in the Bible on leprosy are ludicrous unless you start from the proposition that it is God's word and must therefore be perfect.

I mean, how far do you think you would get in a medical exam if you put that load of non ...[text shortened]... s that you cherry pick and which any group of people could have deduced through observation etc)
He is a doctor, his view is a MD view on the topic. For crying out loud you don't have to
agree with him, but at least acknowledge the simple things in this discussion that are true.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Nov 16

This is gross so I'm sorry, they took out a liter and half and some of it had solidified on the
right lung so they pealed it off. I have a very sensitive right side now still, and that
occurred in 2003. The deep nerves are good so you could slap or punch my right side no
big deal, but a gentle touch bothers me, at first even wearing a shirt was an issue. ...[text shortened]...
I need surgery or I wasn't going to make it. If he hadn't come in at that time I'd been toast.
Wow, you had it far worse than I, even thought I contracted Pneumonia at least 4 times by the time I was 22. Been ok since. Non-smoker. That has to help. Tobacco is disgusting.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Nov 16

Wow, you had it far worse than I, even thought I contracted Pneumonia at least 4 times by the time I was 22. Been ok since. Non-smoker. That has to help. Tobacco is disgusting.
I quit smoking Marlboro red when they were 55 cents a pack, that more than likely helped
too. 🙂

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
14 Nov 16

I quit smoking Marlboro red when they were 55 cents a pack, that more than likely helped
too. 🙂
I had a great biology teacher in HS. He had a machine that hooked up a freshly killed cow lung which was about the size of both human lungs, and had a single cigarette hooked up to it through a small vacuum pump. So lighting the cigarette, the lung, fresh pink looking thing, as the result of the single cigarette pumped through it, turned dark brown and had goo dripping out the bottom.

That was enough to convince my 15 year old self to never touch tobacco. And haven't ever.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
14 Nov 16

I had a great biology teacher in HS. He had a machine that hooked up a freshly killed cow lung which was about the size of both human lungs, and had a single cigarette hooked up to it through a small vacuum pump. So lighting the cigarette, the lung, fresh pink looking thing, as the result of the single cigarette pumped through it, turned dark brown and had ...[text shortened]... om.

That was enough to convince my 15 year old self to never touch tobacco. And haven't ever.
I wish I'd seen that early on, great teacher...a life lesson about real life! Might have kept
me from several other bad habits I took up in my youth.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
15 Nov 16

I wish I'd seen that early on, great teacher...a life lesson about real life! Might have kept
me from several other bad habits I took up in my youth.
It should be a required demo in class.

Ro

Moves
15 Nov 16

He is a doctor, his view is a MD view on the topic. For crying out loud you don't have to
agree with him, but at least acknowledge the simple things in this discussion that are true.
Nonsense. No MD in the world recommends following the Bible's exact recommendations on the treatment of leprosy as part of their professional practice. Does the author cite this as evidence of the Bible not been divinely inspired? I think not.

So, as I said, this is not an 'MD view of the topic', but a Christian view from someone who happens to be an MD.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Nov 16

Nonsense. No MD in the world recommends following the Bible's exact recommendations on the treatment of leprosy as part of their professional practice. Does the author cite this as evidence of the Bible not been divinely inspired? I think not.

So, as I said, this is not an 'MD view of the topic', but a Christian view from someone who happens to be an MD.
You are really full of yourself. have you even read the book to know what the DOCTOR wrote?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Nov 16

"Nonsense. No MD in the world recommends following the Bible's exact recommendations ..."

You don't ever grasp what I said, and your complaining about let alone what the Doctor wrote.

Ro

Moves
15 Nov 16

You are really full of yourself. have you even read the book to know what the DOCTOR wrote?
He says the recommended treatment for leprosy in the Bible is evidence that it is not divinely inspired?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Nov 16

He says the recommended treatment for leprosy in the Bible is evidence that it is not divinely inspired?
quote him please

Ro

Moves
15 Nov 16

"Nonsense. No MD in the world recommends following the Bible's exact recommendations ..."

You don't ever grasp what I said, and your complaining about let alone what the Doctor wrote.
This is not an English sentence.

If you have an argument or evidence to refute what I said, present it.

Ro

Moves
15 Nov 16

quote him please
How can I quote something he didn't say?