Miracles

Miracles

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
Well, let's not forget, leunammi said both that he doesn't believe in miracles and that he does believe in miracles. So you might want to check what it is exactly that you share.
I agree that miracles follow those that believe. Maybe even those that don't but they may not recognize or acknowledge them until they are open to the supernatural.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
What reason do I have to think that these miracles happened aside from your assertion that you believe they did?
The only compelling reason to believe in miracles is faith.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Is the occurance of these miracles one of your "absolute facts"?
I believe that miracles do happen, what more do you want me to say?

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
The only compelling reason to believe in miracles is faith.
Fair enough. It's pretty much a harmless thing for you to believe in.

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

I believe that miracles do happen, what more do you want me to say?
I'd like you to say whether or not the occurrence of these miracles is one of your "absolute facts" that you were talking about a lot a few months ago.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
I'd like you to say whether or not the occurrence of these miracles is one of your "absolute facts" that you were talking about a lot a few months ago.
I do recall saying that I believe in absolute (unchanging) truth. Is this what you are on about?

F

Moves
28 Apr 17
1 edit

I do recall saying that I believe in absolute (unchanging) truth. Is this what you are on about?
So, the question "Is the occurence of these miracles one of your "absolute facts"?" is one that you are just going to dance around and not answer?

edit: Oh I see I have substituted the word "facts" for "truth".

So here it is:

Is the occurrence of these miracles one of your "absolute truths"?

Secret RHP coder

on the payroll

Moves
28 Apr 17

If it is a Miracle, any sort of evidence will answer, but if it is a Fact, proof is necessary.
-Mark Twain

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
So, the question "Is the occurence of these miracles one of your "absolute facts"?" is one that you are just going to dance around and not answer?

edit: Oh I see I have substituted the word "facts" for "truth".

So here it is:

Is the occurrence of these miracles one of your "absolute truths"?
Obviously if I believe the account of the gospels is true then I believe in miracles.

I take it you have no unchanging truths of your own that you believe in?

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

Obviously if I believe the account of the gospels is true then I believe in miracles.
Is that a "yes" or a "no" answer to my question?

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

I take it you have no unchanging truths of your own that you believe in?
Run some of your unchanging truths past me and I will tell you whether or not I concur.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
Run some of your unchanging truths past me and I will tell you whether or not I concur.

F

Moves
28 Apr 17
1 edit

You don't have any of your "absolute truths" you want to try out on me.

It is an unchanging truth that I have loved my spouse since the day I married her.

It was an unchanging truth that I was a Christian for nigh on three decades until I lost my faith.

It is - and as far as I know always will be - an unchanging truth that I have had only two children.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
28 Apr 17

Originally posted by FMF
You don't have any of your "absolute truths" you want to try out on me.

It is an unchanging truth that I have loved my spouse since the day I married her.

It was an unchanging truth that I was a Christian for nigh on three decades until I lost my faith.

It is - and as far as I know always will be - an unchanging truth that I have had only two children.
Are you happy to use the word 'absolute' instead of 'unchanging'?

F

Moves
28 Apr 17

Are you happy to use the word 'absolute' instead of 'unchanging'?
I don't really use either. I just used the expression 'unchanging truth' in my previous post because you asked me to use it. You seem to have declined the invitation to run some of your own past me. I certainly don't use the term "absolute truth" in the way you do, which is to attempt to lend some gravitas to your superstitious notions and opinions about supernatural things.