1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 14:09
    Originally posted by sonship
    How about a lunar lander was never tested successfully on the earth, and an astronaut nearly died in the test.

Yet it worked successfully the [b] first time
    it went 234,000 miles away on the Moon.
    And five more times without a glitch, each time with two cheery human beings inside.[/b]
    So depressing...
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 14:421 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    So depressing...
    Tell me that it was tested successfully on the earth, and I will seriously reconsider.
    I promise.

Otherwise, a public broadcasting of humans landing successfully ALIVE on the moon costing millions and millions in an un-successfuly tested machine ? Hey, that is a miracle in American society.

Ghost, I am not beyond debunking on this, IF ... I am wrong.
  3. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 14:45
    Tell me that it was [b] tested successfully on the earth, and I will seriously reconsider.
    I promise.

Otherwise, a public broadcasting of humans landing successfully ALIVE on the moon costing millions in an untested machine ? Hey, that is a miracle in American society.

Ghost, I am not beyond debunking on this, IF ... I am wrong.[/b]
    Sorry,.. can't talk,......overwhelmed,.....by your, gullibility...
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 14:49
    Tell me that it was [b] tested successfully on the earth, and I will seriously reconsider.
    I promise.

Otherwise, a public broadcasting of humans landing successfully ALIVE on the moon costing millions and millions in an un-successfuly tested machine ? Hey, that is a miracle in American society.

Ghost, I am not beyond debunking on this, IF ... I am wrong.[/b]
    Okay, if you're serious, just check the following link. It even gives photographic evidence of the required testing that took place on Earth:

www.nasa.gov/centers/armstrong/Features/armstrong_recalls_first_moon_landing.html
  5. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 17:34
    You're talking nonsense. (Whether you like it or not). And highly repetitive nonsense at that.

This thread is about miracles. If you suddenly stopped talking about absolute truth I would be a believer.
    FMF brought it up. Take it up with him.
  6. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 18:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    You simply asserting that your superstitions are "true" does not make them "universal" in any sense other than a subjective one, no matter how much you gird your ideological loins with adjectives brandishing your personal certainty. Your beliefs and my beliefs about the supernatural dimension do not rise much above the rank of conjecture and opinions, If you wan ...[text shortened]... to be somehow true for everyone, and that helps you lead your life - then, good for you.
    Well they are only universal if they are true. Obviously I believe them to be true, else why would I believe them? Don't you believe that your beliefs are true?
  7. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 18:51
    It is easier to land a module on the moon, than to pretend we did.
  8. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 18:52
    Originally posted by apathist
    I'm guessing it's also easier to solve a quantum mechanics problem than it is to cheat and pretend you did?
  9. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 18:58
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    I'm guessing it's also easier to solve a quantum mechanics problem than it is to cheat and pretend you did?[
    Have you met nerds? They do not pick up what you put down.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 19:15
    Originally posted by apathist
    It's certainly easier to land a module on the moon than pretend we did and then cover it up for 50 years.
  11. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 19:541 edit
    It's certainly easier to land a module on the moon than pretend we did and then cover it up for 50 years.
    Well the cover up didn't work so well now did it. Word is out on the street. 😉
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 00:34
    Well they are only universal if they are true. Obviously I believe them to be true, else why would I believe them? Don't you believe that your beliefs are true?
    My beliefs about the supernatural dimension make sense to me. Your beliefs about it do not seem credible to me. I see no point in either of us pretending that what we believe is certainly, absolutely, objectively, and universally "true" and credible to everyone else and insisting it is so. That's why I don't. You, on the other hand, feel the need to.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 00:55
    FMF: Give me a scenario. I've never seen or experienced a miracle.

How about a lunar lander was never tested successfully on the earth, and an astronaut nearly died in the test.

Yet it worked successfully the [b] first time
    it went 234,000 miles away on the Moon.
    And five more times without a glitch, each time with two cheery human beings inside.[/b]
    You are touting the moon landing as an example of a miracle?
  14. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 06:241 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    My beliefs about the supernatural dimension make sense to me. Your beliefs about it do not seem credible to me. I see no point in either of us pretending that what we believe is certainly, absolutely, objectively, and universally "true" and credible to everyone else and insisting it is so. That's why I don't. You, on the other hand, feel the need to.
    My beliefs about the supernatural dimension make sense to me.

1. What exactly are your beliefs about the supernatural dimension that make sense to you?

2. Do you think your beliefs are true?

I see no point in either of us pretending that what we believe is certainly, absolutely, objectively, and universally "true" and credible to everyone else and insisting it is so.

I am not talking about pretending anything. I am talking about the conviction of your beliefs being true. Do you have any conviction that your beliefs are true? I have never claimed that my beliefs are credible to everyone, I believe they are true, whether other people believe in them or not.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 06:34
    What exactly are your beliefs about the supernatural dimension that make sense to you?
    I have addressed this topic with you before. I am not interested in revisiting it with you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree