1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 10:16
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I am not holding God accountable for my actions. I am holding God accountable for His actions. (Accountable to Himself, not me).

If you are selling your deity as all-loving and all-forgiving then I expect to see unequivocal evidence for this. Unfortunately the only book you have at your disposal is not your friend in this regard.
    He is Love, and forgiving, He is also just, sin will be dealt with, it cannot be over looked,
    so He paid the price for our sins.

You condemn God for the very thing you allow yourself to do! When it is personal views
    of how things should be, you pull out your views and say they are so just, by condemning
    Him. Putting yourself above God, and for that matter everyone else, who would do with
    their own as they see fit. So yes, I get you are holding God accountable for His actions,
    and making the claim He isn't loving or forgiving as you do it, because you would do it
    differently.

I'll take that book over what you have displayed so far by condemning others for things
    you do.
  2. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 11:121 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So by 'hold accountable' you basically mean 'have the power to do what you like'. But I think you are confusing 'might' with 'right'.
    So are you saying God does not have right to do as He sees fit? 🙄
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 14:081 edit
    Originally posted by chaney3
    I recently attended a Christian bible study group. There were two people in the group who knew very little about the Bible, God and Jesus.

Did you go there to cause them to see that they knew very little ?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 14:14
    Originally posted by sonship
    I recently attended a Christian bible study group. There were two people in the group who knew very little about the Bible, God and Jesus.

Did you go there to cause them to see that they knew very little ?
    No. I was invited at short notice, and decided to go. I had no idea who would be there.
  5. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 14:55
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    He is Love, and forgiving, He is also just, sin will be dealt with, it cannot be over looked,
    so He paid the price for our sins.

You condemn God for the very thing you allow yourself to do! When it is personal views
    of how things should be, you pull out your views and say they are so just, by condemning
    Him. Putting yourself above God, and for that ma ...[text shortened]... I'll take that book over what you have displayed so far by condemning others for things
    you do.
    I don't think you understood what i said at all.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 15:41
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    So are you saying God does not have right to do as He sees fit? 🙄
    I asked you what gave him such a right and your response was 'just try and stop him'. ie you believe might makes right.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 15:54
    I am not holding God accountable for my actions. I am holding God accountable for His actions. (Accountable to Himself, not me).

If you are selling your deity as all-loving and all-forgiving then I expect to see unequivocal evidence for this. Unfortunately the only book you have at your disposal is not your friend in this regard.
    You are not holding God accountable for your actions.

Yet, you are holding God accountable for His actions, but your actions and His in this case
    mirror one another. You are doing to God what you accuse Him of, His judging others.

He is doing it with His own creation, so being the King of His Kingdom, He creates
    everything in His own Kingdom, and sets down all of the laws within it, laying out how it
    should work, and you reject this as God's right.

Yet you look at someone else, NOT in your kingdom, not created by you, who owes you
    nothing for His existence, and say He needs to be doing things differently, He should not
    judge what others are doing, all the while you are judging Him.
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 15:55
    I don't think you understood what i said at all.
    I do, I just don't think you see what you are doing by saying the things you have.
  9. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 16:401 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I asked you what gave him such a right and your response was 'just try and stop him'. ie you believe might makes right.
    I see you have difficulty comprehending the concept where God, the author of life, makes the rules that govern it.
  10. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 17:04
    I do, I just don't think you see what you are doing by saying the things you have.
    I hope God exists sir. I don't think that he does, but I hope it nonetheless.

However, If God does exist, I don't think you know Him at all. I really don't.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 17:05
    I see you have difficulty comprehending the concept where God, the author of life, makes the rules that govern it.
    If God exists, you wrong Him greatly with your human understanding.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 17:07
    I hope God exists sir. I don't think that he does, but I hope it nonetheless.

However, If God does exist, I don't think you know Him at all. I really don't.
    Well, don't know where that came from. It doesn't matter either, because we are not to
    judge each other for with whatever judgment we use will be used on us.

I'm not the best example of anything, and don't claim to be. I freely admit I need Jesus
    Christ, because I fall so short. I do my best, but acknowledge my best does not measure
    up, so without a doubt I need His love and grace.
  13. Standard memberFetchmyjunk
    Garbage disposal
    Garbage dump
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 17:131 edit
    If God exists, you wrong Him greatly with your human understanding.
    If God were to exist why do think he would not reveal His nature in the scriptures?
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 17:19
    If God were to exist why do think he would not reveal His nature in the scriptures?
    If God exists He wouldn't trap Himself in a dusty book, open to misinterpretation.
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 17:21
    Well, don't know where that came from. It doesn't matter either, because we are not to
    judge each other for with whatever judgment we use will be used on us.

I'm not the best example of anything, and don't claim to be. I freely admit I need Jesus
    Christ, because I fall so short. I do my best, but acknowledge my best does not measure
    up, so without a doubt I need His love and grace.
    I'm glad you have God Kelly. I just think you have a lot to learn about Him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree