1. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 20:33
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    On the basis of common sense and the order of the universe. If you think you can hold God accountable for his actions, good luck with that.
    You have no monopoly (or access?) to common sense sir.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 21:13
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    My morality is not confined by any book.

Please explain how your creator is free to destroy his creation as he sees fit but maintains his benevolence and love, how he can be all powerful and yet perfectly loving?
    The bar for treating each other is with love, Jesus said even calling someone a fool puts you in danger. The way we behave I wonder why anyone is saved, till I think about how God did it, because of Christ not us.

You would accept eternal evil? God is making a short work of it.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 21:27
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    My morality is not confined by any book.

Please explain how your creator is free to destroy his creation as he sees fit but maintains his benevolence and love, how he can be all powerful and yet perfectly loving?
    You realize you are coming down on God for not doing things your way. You say your morality is not confined by any book, yet you can hold God accountable for something you do.

God made away any can be saved, if it were something to be earned none could. The majority not taking God up on Jesus' gift is on us.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 23:34
    Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
    So FMFs moral compass is the only one that is working properly and anyone who disagrees with him has a moral compass that is compromised or broken, is that correct?
    Not at all. I am talking directly to and about you. And you know, from the detailed discussions that we have had in the past, exactly why I believe what I believe about your moral compass.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 23:42
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you read the thread you'd realize that KellyJay has attributed the particular and peculiar suffering of ants - that Ghost of a Duke raised - to "the whole earth and every living creature [being] affected by the fall" and the divine "curse" that was supposedly the consequence of it. .
    Doesn't exactly answer my question, but nothing you say ever does.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 23:46
    Originally posted by FMF
    Well, I have told you before that I think your moral compass is compromised if not broken altogether. Your's is a moral prism resembling that of gangsterism.
    Can you fit that on a bumper sticker?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 23:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Doesn't exactly answer my question, but nothing you say ever does.
    I offered the explanation as to what KellyJay had said on this thread because your question indicated that you were unaware of it.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 23:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    You have basically just said the same thing to me over again and not moved the conversation along. I refer you to what I said to you before and also to what I subsequently said to chaney3.
    My first set of questions were concrete and specifc. Your response was in the abstract and only vaguely alluded to my questions.

My second set of questions asked to explain "exactly" how your abstract and vague response applies my concrete and specific questions.

If YOU want to "move the conversation along", then stop pretending that you don't understand the distinction. Stop pretending that I've "just said the same thing to me over again".

So once again:
    DG's question is pointless. When he framed it in a false dichotomy it made it even more pointless. Hounding C3 about it makes it all the more pointless still.

That said, DG is being a jerk.

How exactly does hounding C3 mercilessly about whether or not he considers himself to be a Christian "lend him an hand in life" or help how well C3 "fares here on this forum"?

How exactly does calling DG on his bs, serves as an impediment to how well C3 "fares here on this forum" or "in life"?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 23:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Can you fit that on a bumper sticker?
    Do you think getting angry with your sibling is equally as evil as murdering 6,000,000 Jews in concentration camps as Fetchmyjunk? My reaction to his moral compass has nothing to do with bumper stickers.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '17 23:581 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    My first set of questions were concrete and specifc. Your response was in the abstract and only vaguely alluded to my questions.

My second set of questions asked to explain "exactly" how your abstract and vague response applies my concrete and specific questions.

If YOU want to "move the conversation along", then stop pretending that you don't unde ...[text shortened]... his bs, serves as an impediment to how well C3 "fares here on this forum" or "in life"? [/quote]
    You are posting as if you think neither of us has made our stance perfectly clear. Neither of us needs to repeat ourselves.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 00:051 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    You are posting as if you think neither of us has made our stance perfectly clear. Neither of us needs to repeat ourselves.
    Seems you've decided to extend your pretense in an effort to continue to dodge my questions and are doing so in a most disingenuous manner. You are guilty of the very things that you so often accuse others.
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 00:06
    Seems you've decided to extend your pretense in an effort to continue to dodge my questions and are doing so in a most disingenuous manner. You are guilty of the very thing that you so often accuse others.
    I disagree.
  13. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 00:07
    I think punishment is rotten. Good kids need guidance. Not sure what to do with bad kids.
  14. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 00:12
    Originally posted by FMF
    I disagree.
    Okey dokey. I see that you're bound and determined to continue to dodge the questions and are willing to play to fool in order to do so. We've seen plenty of that from RC and the like.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Apr '17 00:24
    Okey dokey. I see that you're bound and determined to continue to dodge the questions and are willing to play to fool in order to do so. We've seen plenty of that from RC and the like.
    I think you should deal with the way I conduct myself as you see fit and it's fine by me if, in doing so, you compare me to whatever other posters you want.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree