Questions on morality

Questions on morality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Feb 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
We are indeed sir.

Let's put a full stop there. 🙂
No problem. I was only going to talk about the evidence I have that proves the existence of God, but whatever... 😀 😉

M

Moves
15 Feb 17
1 edit

Originally posted by josephw
Wow! Joins the fray eight days ago, made 69 chess moves and three pages of forum posts. Move right in Marshall. You sound like our kind of guy. Welcome. 🙂
Thank you Joseph. I was part of the site some years ago and was never active on the forums. Then I made a new account after some inactivity and here we are now.

Out of respect for you and your religious views, I personally wish you a spiritually fulfilling day. I may disagree with what you preach here, but that doesn't mean I can't respect you.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Feb 17

Originally posted by MarshallPrice
Thank you Joseph. I was part of the site some years ago and was never active on the forums. Then I made a new account after some inactivity and here we are now.

Out of respect for you and your religious views, I personally wish you a spiritually fulfilling day. I may disagree with what you preach here, but that doesn't mean I have to get up in arms about it.
Thank you for those kind words. The same to you Marshall. Respect is reciprocal, and I'm certain we can agree to disagree cordially.

It appears you have veteran status. 😉 looking forward to some lively debates.

M

Moves
15 Feb 17
1 edit

Thank you for those kind words. The same to you Marshall. Respect is reciprocal, and I'm certain we can agree to disagree cordially.

It appears you have veteran status. 😉 looking forward to some lively debates.
Don't let my long history with the game fool you, I'm an abysmal chess player.

Back on topic, morality, is it wrong to kill in God's name?

Moves
15 Feb 17

Then I made a new account after some inactivity and here we are now.
🙂

M

Moves
15 Feb 17

Originally posted by divegeester
🙂
🙂

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
15 Feb 17

Don't let my long history with the game fool you, I'm an abysmal chess player.

Back on topic, morality, is it wrong to kill in God's name?
Yes.

M

Moves
15 Feb 17

Yes.
What about self defense?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
16 Feb 17
1 edit

What about self defense?
No.

Moves
16 Feb 17

No.
What about the countless episodes in the Old Testament where people kill in God's name?

I don't think you thought this through Joe. 😉

Moves
16 Feb 17

No problem. I was only going to talk about the evidence I have that proves the existence of God, but whatever... 😀 😉
One mans evidence is another mans potato chips.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Feb 17

What about the countless episodes in the Old Testament where people kill in God's name?

Assuming God doesn't exist and didn't didn't use them to carry out his Judgement, yes it's wrong. But if you assume he does exist and did in fact use them to carry out his judgement then no.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Feb 17
1 edit

From your point of view different societies can differ on morality and your view is no better than his view it's just your view. So what hasn't he thought through? What gives you the right to judge his view ?

Moves
16 Feb 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
From your point of view different societies can differ on morality and your view is no better than his view it's just your view. So what hasn't he thought through? What gives you the right to judge his view ?
Why do you insist on responding to posts I make to other people, while ignoring replies I make to you? (And then a day or two later accuse me of dodging your question?)

If it's deliberate, then it's just silly.

Garbage disposal

Garbage dump

Moves
16 Feb 17

Why do you insist on responding to posts I make to other people, while ignoring replies I make to you? (And then a day or two later accuse me of dodging your question?)

If it's deliberate, then it's just silly.
Which reply of yours (specifically) do you have in mind?