Revelation 17,18

Revelation 17,18

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Dec 15
2 edits

Susanne,

Here is what I think it important concerning "the mammon of unrighteousness". Jesus said use money wisely with consideration to the will of God.

" And I say to you, Make friends for yourselves by means of the mammon of unrighteousness, so that when it fails, they may receive you into the eternal tabernacles." (Luke 16:9)

The entire world financial system, one way or another, is destined to fail. Since we know that it is temporary and is going to fail we should dedicate a portion of our wealth to the work of God. This may mean gospel sharing, even preparation of a meal for friends whom you wish to share the gospel with, support of workers for the Lord. You pray for guidance.

We "make friends" in this age - meaning turning people towards the Lord Jesus by means of a portion of our wealth.

When the unrighteous mammon collapses our service today will be of benefit in that time. This may pertain to this age and the millennial kingdom. Perhaps we will meet again some ones that we helped to become believers in Christ. They will thank us. Something is there about them then giving hospitality to us.

There are aspects of this I cannot well explain at this time. But when Jesus says we should act prudently, it is a prudence of realization that this "mammon of unrighteousness" we call the economic system is not eternal. It will one day fail. In a real sense its existence is unrighteous.

However you think of Revelation 18 notice that after all the sold commodities that are mentioned in verses 12 and 13 the LAST thing mentioned is "the souls of men" (v.13). The idea is the people sell their souls in the anxiety and greed of the mammon of this Babylon. They become totally obsessed and occupied with money that the souls of men are usurped away from God and His purpose.

We need His mercy. And we need to live by another life, an overcoming life found in the Spirit of Jesus Christ.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Dec 15
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
Susanne,

Here is what I think it important concerning [b]"the mammon of unrighteousness"
. Jesus said use money wisely with consideration to the will of God.

[quote] " And I say to you, Make friends for yourselves by means of the mammon of unrighteousness, so that when it fails, they may receive you into the eternal tabernacles." (Luke 16:9) ...[text shortened]... cy. And we need to live by another life, an overcoming life found in the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
Islam is far away from Jesus Christ. It is an anti-christ religion because it does not acknowledge the Father and the Son.

The Muslims proclaim that Allah has no son. 😏

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Dec 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
Islam is far away from Jesus Christ. It is an anti-christ religion because it does not acknowledge the Father and the Son.
I agree with you about that.
Did I suggest otherwise ?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Dec 15

I agree with you about that.
Did I suggest otherwise ?
You suggested otherwise by ignoring everything that points to radical Islam as the Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of religious abominations of the earth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Dec 15

You suggested otherwise by ignoring everything that points to radical Islam as the Mystery, Babylon the Great, the Mother of religious abominations of the earth.
No I didn't.

Just because I do not interpret these chapters as you I therefore teach Islam is not a anti Christ doctrine ?

rc

Moves
10 Dec 15

this has turned into a jaywill/suzianne drool fest, bump for the rational amoung us.

In what way is the relationship between the harlot and the kings of the earth illicit?

Mar-a-Lago

Moves
10 Dec 15

My new boss is called Daniel Littlehorn.

Should I be worried ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Dec 15
4 edits

The woman represents the Great religious economic Harlot City, and the Beast represents the political and military rule over all the People with a Multitude of Languages from many Nations that rise up under the black banner of Islam to war against the Lamb and His followers.

I believe we are actually seeing a preview of this beginning to happen today with these Islamic terror attacks of ISIS radicals and all those they are influencing over the world. Not all the Islamic terrorists are fighting with head and arm bands or under the black flag, but they are beginning to attack places all over the world after pledging allegiance to the Islamic State.

Let's recognize that there are three entities here.

1.) The Beast
2.) The Harlot upon it
3.) The saints of God

Now the Beast and the Harlot have something in common. Both the Beast and the Harlot attack and kill the saints of God. Am I right ?

The Beast kills, including the saints of God - (Rev. 13:7,10,15,)
The Harlot riding UPON the Beast kills the saints of God - (Rev. 17:6)

BUT the Beast and the Harlot upon the Beast also have an antagonistic relationship between them.

" And the beast who was and is not, he himself is also the eighth and is out of the seven and goes into perdition.

And the ten horns which you saw are ten kings, who have not yet received a kingdom but receive authority as kings for one hour with the beast.

... And the ten horns which you saw and the beast, THESE WILL HATE THE HARLOT and will make her desolate and naked and will eat her flesh and burn her utterly with fire." (See Rev. 17:12-16)

Explain in your view the hatred and attack of your Beast (with his horns) against your Harlot who rides upon it. Especially do so as BOTH are in accord to persecute the saints of God. How do you interpret that ?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Dec 15
4 edits

While I await RJHinds explanation of the hostility BETWEEN the rider of the Beast and the Beast I review the overall situation we see in this chapter.

We see a Beast who obviously persecutes God's Christians.
We see a Harlot riding on the Beast who obviously has persecuted God's Christians.

It should be understood that the RIDER has authority over the animal that she rides.
Does not the rider of a horse have control over the horse that is being ridden.

Now suppose the horse get sick and tired of transporting this rider and turns to attack the rider ? That is the situation we have. That which is being ridden develops a hatred for that under which it is ridden. Am I right ?

The Beast hates and attacks the Harlot riding upon it who had authority over it.

Now consider one other fact. Though BOTH the Beast and the riding Harlot persecute and kill Christians, the situation with the Harlot is more complicated. That is because it is strongly implied that the saints that she attacks are ALSO in her. If not we would not have the warning of God -

" Come out of her My people, that you do not participate in her sins and that you do not receive her plagues . " (Rev. 18:4b)

Now I ask any reasonable person to think about world history in light of this situation.

IE. a religious entity with God's people,
having authority over kings,
yet persecuting some of God's people,
who eventually irks the kings so that they finally decide to throw off, expose, destroy, and burn that entity,
So that God must warn His people to come out of that destruction.

What scenario do you think makes sense ?

rc

Moves
10 Dec 15

While I await RJHinds explanation of the hostility BETWEEN the rider of the Beast and the Beast I review the overall situation we see in this chapter.

We see a Beast who obviously persecutes God's Christians.
We see a Harlot riding on the Beast who obviously has persecuted God's Christians.

It should be understood that the RIDER has authority over ...[text shortened]... st warn His people to come out of that destruction.

What scenario do you think makes sense ?
What scenario do you think makes sense?

One where you are not having a drool fest.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Dec 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
What scenario do you think makes sense?

One where you are not having a drool fest.
Not the thrill you get out of having an insult fest.

rc

Moves
10 Dec 15

Not the thrill you get out of having an insult fest.
you think you can just spout whatever you like, you are seriously deluded. You made the erroneous and unsubstantiated claim about the catholic church and since then have descended into more slobbery drool than the slobbiest zombie apocalypse imaginable. seriously get a grip.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Dec 15

this has turned into a jaywill/suzianne drool fest, bump for the rational amoung us.

In what way is the relationship between the harlot and the kings of the earth illicit?
One simple word. Greed.

No one can serve both God and mammon.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Dec 15

you think you can just spout whatever you like, you are seriously deluded. You made the erroneous and unsubstantiated claim about the catholic church and since then have descended into more slobbery drool than the slobbiest zombie apocalypse imaginable. seriously get a grip.
You're as unclear on what is being spoken about here as you are about most of your unbiblical dogma.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
11 Dec 15
2 edits

[quote] The woman represents the Great religious economic Harlot City, and the Beast represents the political and military rule over all the People with a Multitude of Languages from many Nations that rise up under the black banner of Islam to war against the Lamb and His followers.

I believe we are actually seeing a preview of this beginning to happen ...[text shortened]... pecially do so as BOTH are in accord to persecute the saints of God. How do you interpret that ?
I speculate that if ISIS is the beginning of the revival of an Islamic Caliphate that is to be headed by the Mahdi, then once He overcomes Israel and sets up his rule in Jerusalem and demands allegiance over any god or idol. Then the harlot and most holy city of Mecca in Saudi Arabia where all Muslims go to worship, along with the New Economic City, will have to be destroyed.
2 Thessalonians 2:3-4
Let no one in any way deceive you, for it (the Day of the Lord) will not come unless the apostasy comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, displaying himself as being God.

Don't forget that there are TWO branches of ISLAM. 😏