1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 14:113 edits
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    People tend to make the AntiChrist out to be whoever they think is the worst evil the earth has ever seen. He will be that, but they all ignore that when he first comes to power, it will be because he'll seem good, and will have many answers to problems that have plagued humanity for years. This will lead many to follow him, only to result in betrayal once ...[text shortened]... when he does show up, and they will swear to follow him before they even know who he really is.
    You are right that the Antichrist first arrives as an extremely intelligent and even physically attractive he-man with answers to many problems.

Notice that he suffers a death wound.
    Notice that he resuscitates from that death wound giving an imitation of the resurrection of Jesus.

If such a one is recognized as someone's villian in his early rise, he will be assassinated.

Someone will kill him. And he comes back to life in a Satanic miracle. When he comes BACK ... THAT is when he becomes a monster. That is in the last three and one half years of this age.

And I can give the scriptural reasons for this scenario.

Remember - he is assassinated a "good" guy.
    He comes back to life a total monster - an evil guy.

When he comes to life again, he will first destroy whatever Christianity he can get his hands on, starting with the Roman Catholic Church. And he will persecute the Jews.

Three and one half years - "great tribulation".
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 15:40
    Originally posted by sonship
    You are right that the Antichrist first arrives as an extremely intelligent and even physically attractive he-man with answers to many problems.

Notice that he resuscitates from that death wound giving an imitation of the resurrection of Jesus.

If such a one is recognized as someone's villian in his early rise, he ...[text shortened]... urch. And he will persecute the Jews.

Three and one half years - [b]"great tribulation"
    .[/b]
    This is excellently readable, thankyou Jaywill.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 18:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    This is excellently readable, thankyou Jaywill.
    You're welcome. But I will not always be so brief.

Being brief does not always work. You just end up writing more latter. After someone assumes that what you didn't mention, you didn't consider or are ignorant of, you just have to then take the time to explain.

My style is to preemptively deal with some of this.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 19:204 edits
    People tend to make the AntiChrist out to be whoever they think is the worst evil the earth has ever seen. He will be that, but they all ignore that when he first comes to power, it will be because he'll seem good, and will have many answers to problems that have plagued humanity for years.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is right. And by "worse evil" we have to think in antithesis to God's purpose. That is worse in opposition to what God wants to accomplish on earth rather than what we desire.

When Revelation says that the false prophet looks like a lamb but has the voice of a dragon, this means spiritual discernment is needed.

" And I saw another beast coming up out of the earth, and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spoke like a dragon." (Rev. 13:11)

He may appear mild and innocent like a lamb. But in his speaking the wise can hear the voice of Satan. His speaking betrays his falsity.

Just the appearance of things may deceive us. If we are men and women of anointed prayer and tasting the word of God as food, we are more likely to hear in the talk the true nature of the source of ideas.

This will lead many to follow him, only to result in betrayal once his true motives are known.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

That is a good point.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 19:229 edits
    If people are focusing on Islam, they'll miss him entirely when he does show up, and they will swear to follow him before they even know who he really is.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot say I know how the existence of Islam will play into all of this. I have been persuaded after much careful consideration, that the false prophet will be from the Jewish people.

For reasons that I will not elaborate on here now, I was taught that the false prophet will be Judas Iscariot. After some years I found this more plausible than when I first considered. Why?

In the end times there are TWO teams; two duos, it seams, from the past to come back. The two witnesses as two olive branches in Revelation 11 we think are Moses and Elijah. (Some say Moses and Enoch).

The Antichrist is a regular born person the first three and one half years before he is killed. When he comes back to life he has the body of that slain person but the spiritual being of Caesar Nero.

I'll explain that latter perhaps.

So that means Moses and Elijah - form one team to testify for God. And Caesar Nero's spirit in the slain and resuscitated corpse of the coming Antichrist would form the other duo. If the scheme is TWO of God's servants from the past against TWO of Satan's worst servants from the past holds, I realized that Judas Iscariot did indeed fit the part.

He was a Jew.
    He totally sold himself out to Satan as no other man ever did.
    The surroundings of his death are a bit mysterious.
    He was said to have gone off to his own place (Acts 2:15-26)

"To take the place of this ministry and apostleship from which Judas turned aside to go to his own place." (v.25)

After some years when I initially heard that Judas was the false prophet, it made some more sense to me. That is it made sense to round out the scheme of two opposing teams of past personages.

A major debate over it, is not necessary.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 20:451 edit
    I would like to ask some questions regarding the Harlot of Revelation chapter 17 and I expect clear and concise answers.

First of all we read that

One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me: “Come, I will show you the judgment on the great prostitute who sits on many waters. Rev 17:1

What are these waters that are mentioned?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 00:06
    I would like to ask some questions regarding the Harlot of Revelation chapter 17 and I expect clear and concise answers.

First of all we read that

One of the seven angels who had the seven bowls came and said to me: “Come, I will show you the judgment on the great prostitute who sits on many waters. Rev 17:1

What are these waters that are mentioned?
    The interpretation is already provided for us. There is little need to speculate.

"And he said to me, The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues." (Rev. 17:15)

Now you know what the "many waters" means right out of the angel's mouth.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 01:52

If such a one is recognized as someone's villian in his early rise, he ...[text shortened]... urch. And he will persecute the Jews.

Three and one half years - [b]"great tribulation"
    .[/b]
    Yes, this is as I understand it also.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 02:00
    The interpretation is already provided for us. There is little need to speculate.

[b] "And he said to me, The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues." (Rev. 17:15)

Now you know what the "many waters" means right out of the angel's mouth.[/b]
    And this one bit of scripture is one part of the reason for my theory on who the harlot is.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 07:451 edit
    And this one bit of scripture is one part of the reason for my theory on who the harlot is.
    And who do you believe the harlot is or represents ?

To be thorough it should be noted that Revelation has the sitting of the harlot or woman on three matters.

1.) The Prostitute sits on many waters. (v.1,15))

2.) The Woman sits on a seven headed beast with names of blasphemy (v.3)

3.) The Woman sits on seven mountains (v.9)

All three matters must be taken into account.

Please tell me what you believe about the Prostitute or Harlot of Revelation 17.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 07:55

[b] "And he said to me, The waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues." (Rev. 17:15)

Now you know what the "many waters" means right out of the angel's mouth.[/b]
    yes so it then becomes apparent that the harlot is a global entity and not restricted to a particular culture, people, language or religion. What about this phrase?

With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication. Rev 17:2
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 10:241 edit
    yes so it then becomes apparent that the harlot is a global entity and not restricted to a particular culture, people, language or religion. What about this phrase?

There is nothing said about not being restricted to a particular religion.

I just forgot, I am not to comment on this thread. Sorry.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 11:38

No, I think the Harlot character is restricted to a certain culture/people.

Rev 17:2 as you mention here is another bit of scripture which fits my theory.

Maybe I'll just tease it out a little first. 🙂
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 12:23
    No, I think the Harlot character is restricted to a certain culture/people.

Rev 17:2 as you mention here is another bit of scripture which fits my theory.

Maybe I'll just tease it out a little first. 🙂
    Then you are slobbbering. The Bible makes it clear that its a global entity and is not restricted to a particular culture, nationality or anything else for that matter.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Dec '15 12:30
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    There is nothing said about not being restricted to a particular religion.

I just forgot, I am not to comment on this thread. Sorry.
    Yes shut up.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree