1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 11:56
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    dude no one reads these long texts.
    You don't, that much is clear. Maybe you should make the effort.

But to say that no one does, is not true.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:01
    dude no one reads these long texts.
    So I'll break it up.

The sea and the earth (the land) represent respectively the Gentile nations and the nation of Israel.

" And he said to me. the waters which you saw, where the harlot sits, are peoples and multitudes and nations and tongues." (Rev. 17:15)

"But the wicked are like the tossed sea, For it cannot be calm. And its waters toss up mire and mud. There is no peace, says my God, for the wicked." (Isa. 57:20,21)

We should expect Antichrist to be a non-Jewish man from the Gentile world. We might expect his false prophet to be Jewish.
    Because Mohammad was not Jewish, I don't think the false prophet will be him, as false a prophet as Mohammad was.

I say this knowing that Muslims never claimed Mohammad to be God in the flesh, as Christians believe Jesus to be, but they essentially revere him as much, if not more, than Christians revere Jesus.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It is true that Moslems revere Mohammad very highly.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:011 edit
    I expect a Jewish false prophet working totally on behalf of not himself but of a Gentile Antichrist. In other words, I think what to expect is:

1.) A Gentile Antichrist miraculously imitating the resurrection of Jesus. He first arrives seeming to be willing to give Israel some benefit. But latter turning utterly against the Jews and even sitting in the rebuilt temple proclaiming himself as God.

2.) A false prophet from the Jewish nation totally supporting his boss the Antichrist. working on his behalf, assisting him, dedicating all his deceiving effort towards Antichrist.

Muslims would rather follow the teachings of Mohammad than they would that of Jesus laid out in the Bible.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    That is true. But I don't think that makes the false prophet Mohammad.

For them, every word Mohammad spoke is exalted above all others.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Remember the facts of the Scripture. Antichrist exalts himself above all that is called God and puts down all worship of anything or anyone. Antichrist eventually is claiming himself to be God from the temple in Jerusalem. The false prophet works on behalf of the Antichrist. He has totally sold himself to follow the Antichrist and deceive the world to also do so.

If Mohammah is the false prophet then instead of working for Allah he would have to work for a man. He also would have to completely do a 180 degree turn from idolatry to erect the ultimate idol, not of himself, but of the one he works for, a man.

"And he [the second beast, the false prophet] deceives those who dwell on the earth on account of the signs which he was given to do before the beast, commanding those who dwell on the earth to make an image to the beast, who had the stroke of the sword and revived.

And power was given to him to give breath to the image of the beast that the image of the beast might speak and cause whoever would not worship the image inage of the beast to be killed." (Rev. 13:14,15)

The false prophet is totally dedicated to working for an idol and a man who exalts himself saying that he is God. And I think he will be out of the nation of the Jews signified as coming up out of the earth.

Cont. below
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:04
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You don't, that much is clear. Maybe you should make the effort.

But to say that no one does, is not true.
    Fine you read them then.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:11
    Fine you read them then.
    My point is, maybe you should stop with your "attention-getting" behavior and let him finish.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:131 edit
    D. M. Panton was a Bible teacher who got the nickname "the prince of prophecy". He was skilled in the study and teaching of Bible prophecy. His books keep me on the edge of my seat, so to speak, in insights.

D. M. Panton, however, thought the Antichrist was Mussolini the Italian Facists.

I still would gladly read articles and books by the late D. M. Panton. But we have to be cautious when we read too much of our contemporary dilemmas into Bible prophecy.

I just said "cautious."
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:20
    Originally posted by sonship
    D. M. Panton was a Bible teacher who got the nickname "the prince of prophecy". He was skilled in the study and teaching of Bible prophecy. His books keep me on the edge of my seat, so to speak, in insights.

D. M. Panton, however, thought the Antichrist was Mussolini the Italian Facists.

I still would gladly read articles and books by the late D. M. ...[text shortened]... n we read too much of our contemporary dilemmas into Bible prophecy.

I just said "cautious."
    Thankyou, this is readable.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:211 edit
    Originally posted by sonship

I still would gladly read articles and books by the late D. M. ...[text shortened]... n we read too much of our contemporary dilemmas into Bible prophecy.

I just said "cautious."
    People tend to make the AntiChrist out to be whoever they think is the worst evil the earth has ever seen. He will be that, but they all ignore that when he first comes to power, it will be because he'll seem good, and will have many answers to problems that have plagued humanity for years. This will lead many to follow him, only to result in betrayal once his true motives are known.

If people are focusing on Islam, they'll miss him entirely when he does show up, and they will swear to follow him before they even know who he really is.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:22
    My point is, maybe you should stop with your "attention-getting" behavior and let him finish.
    Why must you encourage his verbosity? I am attempting to get him to say what he has to say, simply and concisely without the need for texts that appear like Html5 and Css3
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:27
    here is an excerpt from the OP,

Robbie Carrobie announces unanimously that I just write long monologues speaking into the air . . . .I don't expect him to read any of it.

If Jaywill simply expressed himself simply, without the extensive use of BB codes and ASCII symbols it would be much easier on the eye and the mind
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:32
    Why must you encourage his verbosity? I am attempting to get him to say what he has to say, simply and concisely without the need for texts that appear like Html5 and Css3
    Because if people like you restrict his speech, then everything he writes would just come out in little snippets, devoid of importance and understanding.

One should not seek to reduce informative explanation to meaningless pablum. Just because you have the attention span of a gnat, doesn't mean everyone does. Meaning should not be sacrificed on the altar of brevity.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:36
    If Jaywill simply expressed himself simply, without the extensive use of BB codes and ASCII symbols it would be much easier on the eye and the mind
    His posts have none of this. Nor any "html5" or "Css3". You're going hysterically and ridiculously overboard in your derision.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:363 edits
    Because if people like you restrict his speech, then everything he writes would just come out in little snippets, devoid of importance and understanding.

One should not seek to reduce informative explanation to meaningless pablum. Just because you have the attention span of a gnat, doesn't mean everyone does. Meaning should not be sacrificed on the altar of brevity.
    I have not restricted anything, you are drooling again, all I have asked is that he write more clearly and concisely. again no one has asked him to reduce its meaning or even its content, simply its presentation, you are slobbering. I can say what I have to say clearly and concisely why cant jaywill? Its just like white noise otherwise.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 12:52
    I have not restricted anything, you are drooling again, all I have asked is that he write more clearly and concisely. again no one has asked him to reduce its meaning or even its content, simply its presentation, you are slobbering. I can say what I have to say clearly and concisely why cant jaywill? Its just like white noise otherwise.
    This is the pathetic result of Twitter and Instagram.

People don't want to read novels anymore, either, because they want everything served up on a platter in bite-sized chunks for their tiny attention spans.

All I'm saying is if you don't like it, then blow. He's right, you probably won't read it then anyways. But put the blame on your short little antenna, not on his content. If he was just rambling on and still not saying anything, that would be different. But you can't even discern the difference because you probably get bored reading a comic strip. You can't really expect to hold the world in your hands if you can't even make it to the end of a tweet without wondering what's on TV. Maybe you should leave discussion boards to the adults.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Dec '15 13:55
    This is the pathetic result of Twitter and Instagram.

People don't want to read novels anymore, either, because they want everything served up on a platter in bite-sized chunks for their tiny attention spans.

All I'm saying is if you don't like it, then blow. He's right, you probably won't read it then anyways. But put the blame on your short little ...[text shortened]... a tweet without wondering what's on TV. Maybe you should leave discussion boards to the adults.
    Au contraire its simply a reasonable request to make texts more readable. I will read it if its readable. The rest of your text is drool.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree