So many opinions.

So many opinions.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Mar 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Justin Beiber? wow its worse than drugs.
Apparently not .
A man was charged with luring young girls to 'perform' for him while pretending to be Justin Beiber. 900+ charges.
(Australian cyber security is sooo crap)

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Mar 17
1 edit

It seems that you are still not getting the point no matter how many times its reiterated. One does not tell someone, bribe someone, forcibly coerce someone, lie to someone to join a religious organisation like Jehovah's Witnesses, they need to want to do of their own volition. So I reject your claims, its self evident that you did not think about ...[text shortened]... I did so through my own volition. Its the best decision I ever made. I was received as family.
You did it through your own voilition. Gman was started as a youngster.

Either way my little man makes his own decisions...as I have posted before...
I will not block him if he wants to join. not my style..

rc

Moves
10 Mar 17
4 edits

Originally posted by karoly aczel
You did it through your own voilition. Gman was started as a youngster.

Either way my little man makes his own decisions...as I have posted before...
I will not block him if he wants to join. not my style..
Actually Christians are chosen. Peter speaking to the first century Christian congregation writes,

But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies of the One who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light - 1 Peter 2:9

John also records the words of the Christ,

You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you so that you might go and bear fruit--fruit that will last--and so that whatever you ask in my name the Father will give you. - John 15:16

Clearly according to the Bible Christians are chosen. Now what the full implications of this are I am not entirely sure but its quite interesting never the less.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Mar 17

Actually Christians are chosen. Peter speaking to the first century Christian congregation writes,

[b]But you are a chosen race
, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for special possession, that you should declare abroad the excellencies of the One who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light - 1 Peter 2:9

John also rec ...[text shortened]... e full implications of this are I am not entirely sure but its quite interesting never the less.[/b]
Sure, but the 'choice' goes both ways:

'But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.' John 1:12

rc

Moves
10 Mar 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Sure, but the 'choice' goes both ways:

'But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.' John 1:12
what are you saying Ghost? That those who are chosen are those that chose to receive the Christ through their own volition?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Mar 17
1 edit

what are you saying Ghost? That those who are chosen are those that chose to receive the Christ through their own volition?
A Christian must also 'choose' to believe, in order to become a child of God. I think John 1:12 is quite clear on this.

Edit: What else can I teach you?

rc

Moves
10 Mar 17
2 edits

A Christian must also 'choose' to believe, in order to become a child of God. I think John 1:12 is quite clear on this.

Edit: What else can I teach you?
Nonsense I did not chose to believe I have always believed ever since I was a little kid. when I lost my pocket money I used to petition God, why me? and please help me find it.

Hmmm lets start with why you were not chosen? yet.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
10 Mar 17
1 edit

Nonsense I did not chose to believe I have always believed ever since I was a little kid. when I lost my pocket money I used to petition God, why me? and please help me find it.

In which case sir, and with a heavy heart, I must tell you that as yet you are 'not' a Christian. Biblically speaking, a person through freewill must come to God of his own volition through active searching:

'And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.' Hebrews 11:6

In saying you have 'always believed in Him' negates your position as a child of God, as you have never sought Him out. (One would advise you immediately to abandon your faith and then actively seek him out, in essence 'choosing' to believe in His existence). It's like saying you were born a Middlesbrough supporter, rather than coming to the club true of heart.

And how do you know I was not Chosen by God, after all, God works in mysterious ways?

rc

Moves
10 Mar 17
2 edits

In which case sir, and with a heavy heart, I must tell you that as yet you are 'not' a Christian. Biblically speaking, a person through freewill must come to God of his own volition through active searching:

'And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who ...[text shortened]... heart.

And how do you know I was not Chosen by God, after all, God works in mysterious ways?
au contrare the scripture substantiates my claim, I had faith, I was born with faith, I had enough faith to think that God could help me find my lost pocket money. I did not chose to have faith, it was intrinsic, innate and even now so many years later I cannot deny that it still exists.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Mar 17

More interestingly...why do you think you were chosen?

Your post to GoaD seems to indicate that you think he was not worthy. Were you more worthy in some way than him? Are you more special to Jesus/Jehovah/Angel Michael in some way than him?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
But you don't have a choice. It's either the JW leadership way or disfellowshipment. You're in a cult. One of the signs of being in a cult is not being permitted to deviate from the self-declared truth of the leadership.

I don't know why you would think that posting like you do is in some way impressive, do you get points for it? Do you get some sort ...[text shortened]... secution" which then reinforces your belief that you are being perscuted for Christ? Is that it?
"It's either the JW leadership way or disfellowshipment."

Sorry but your wrong, completely wrong. There are some who for whatever reasons have decided that being a JW is not for them or they just became inactive for reasons such as bad health, etc. The front door at the Kingdom Halls open both ways. If it's not for you, you may leave.
Perhaps you should actually listen and learn when these facts are explained to you or better yet ask us before you speak out and show just how little you do know?
You are a smart guy but you lose respect when you say things that are not factual.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Mar 17

I keep asking you why you and Robbie Carrobie disagree over whether it is a matter of personal conscience to accept blood in surgery, and you keep avoiding the subject. Why is that I wonder??
Holy cow...go back and find my answer as I DID answer that. Geeeeez dude!!!!!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Mar 17

Originally posted by galveston75
You are a smart guy but you lose respect when you say things that are not factual.
Please dont try to ply me your fake compliments - I'm immune.

If a JW goes against the leadership they are disfellowshipped. I'm talking about members not leavers!

Good grief are you really this dim.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
On the previous page, galveston75 said "I'll listen to others opinions. A secret to teaching, if that is your goal, is to be a good listener."

I guess we are seeing his "secret to teaching" in action.
Lol. You ask me a question, then I answer it. Sorry if my answers are what I think they should be ( you know "opinion" is what this thread is about ) other wise my answers would look like this:

get it?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Mar 17

Please dont try to ply me your fake compliments - I'm immune.

If a JW goes against the leadership they are disfellowshipped. I'm talking about members not leavers!

Good grief are you really this dim.
Really? You think you know it all don't you? If you want lets talk about the facts of the organization and see who knows more. No on second thought it would be a complete waist of my time as you've shown you know nothing at all on any level over the years about us.
Lol, if you actually did....you'd be one.