So many opinions.

So many opinions.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Mar 17

I read this thread backwards. It was less boring that way.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Mar 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
You don't tell someone to be a Jehovahs Witnesses any more than you tell them to be a white water canoeist, they have to want to be one. Did you really think that through Karoly?
Yes. I am 99.99% sure that my child wouldn't want to join the JWs in any way, however he may well want to try canoeing.

One is boring the other is fun.

I could maybe get him to join if I lied to him about the organization... but that just wouldn't be helpful.
Yeah, I did think about it.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Mar 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Yes there can be quite dire consequences, their kids can get involved with drugs and with gangs, sometimes they contract STD's. Once they cast off the wholesomeness of Christian living and get consumed in hedonism they like it for a while and then find out its not all cracked up to be. Many return to the congregation where they feel loved and help ...[text shortened]... and have no intention of adopting the lifestyle and even then its only no spiritual fellowship.
And sometimes they put Justin Beiber posters on their walls... lol.

You don't need to do drugs to be ostracized.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Mar 17

Originally posted by divegeester
Are you morally and conscience free, before Jehovah, to take blood in surgery? It's a simple question.

PS. I'm not sure if you are being dishonest or just a bit thick with your response.
Wow, I looked up your name in a bible glossary and guess what came up? Ha!!!!

Proverbs 3:35
The wise will inherit honor, But the stupid ones glorify dishonor.

Proverbs 19:29
Judgment is in store for ridiculers, And beatings for the back of the stupid ones.

Proverbs 10:23
Engaging in shameful conduct is like a game to the stupid one, But wisdom is for the man of discernment.

Proverbs 15:7
The lips of the wise spread knowledge, But not so the heart of the stupid one.

Proverbs 18:6
The speech of the stupid one leads to quarrels, And his mouth invites a beating.

Proverbs 23:9
Do not speak in the ears of the stupid one, For he will despise the wisdom of your words.

Proverbs 26:11
Like a dog that returns to its vomit, The stupid one repeats his foolishness.

Ecclesiastes 4:5
The stupid one folds his hands while his flesh wastes away.

Moves
09 Mar 17

Originally posted by galveston75
Lol...........
As I said you are completely free to ignore an on topic scenario. 🙂

Moves
09 Mar 17
2 edits

Beatings, beatings, beatings....
I'll say it again; you are completely free to dodge, deflect and avoid my completely on topic scenario.

PS I look forward to your "beating". Although your religion is anti-violence isn't it? So not sure why you feel it relevant to post these "beatings" scriptures. Perhaps it's a difference of opinion...😉

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Mar 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Yes. I am 99.99% sure that my child wouldn't want to join the JWs in any way, however he may well want to try canoeing.

One is boring the other is fun.

I could maybe get him to join if I lied to him about the organization... but that just wouldn't be helpful.
Yeah, I did think about it.
Shouldn't be so sure. It's not you that would decide that. If your son is looking for what Jehovah offers, Jehovah would draw him in.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Mar 17

Originally posted by Pudgenik
The read (scripture) is not to blame. Most of the bibles have the same basic concepts. Even with others that have been altered, it is still basically the same principled message. (Love God) (Respect your neighbor)

The problem with the 40,000+ is their interpretation. All the politics, examples: Name of God; day which to celibrate; Jesus - God or no; works - yes or no; and so forth.
Not true.
I've already mentioned the kkk.
How would they display their love for god and respect for their neighbours as compared to say the Amish?
Especially if that neighbour is a black ghetto?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
09 Mar 17

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Not true.
I've already mentioned the kkk.
How would they display their love for god and respect for their neighbours as compared to say the Amish?
Especially if that neighbour is a black ghetto?
I have as yet to meet a black Amish person.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
09 Mar 17

I asked this before and might have missed the answer, sorry if I did but does satan have any influence on humans opinions?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Mar 17

I asked this before and might have missed the answer, sorry if I did but does satan have any influence on humans opinions?
Who is Satan?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
09 Mar 17

Originally posted by josephw
I have as yet to meet a black Amish person.
But you have met a black Christian right?

What are you trying to say here?

Moves
09 Mar 17

To be clear, are differing opinions a good thing or not?

Moves
09 Mar 17

Originally posted by Rajk999
Who is Satan?
My Dad, according to Robbie Carrobie.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
09 Mar 17

Originally posted by divegeester
My Dad, according to Robbie Carrobie.
Me too according to sonship and KJ
Simon Peter according to Christ.

So who does Galveston always refer to as Satan.