So many opinions.

So many opinions.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Not recorded and yet you know the unrecorded stuff Jesus said .. amazing.

And Jesus will condemn people for not knowing unrecorded stuff he said .. 😀
Wasn't this your defense on the trinity?

Did I miss your comments on the names Jehovah and Satan?

F

Moves
10 Mar 17
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
I did already comment on this which is my opinion..... "Just that David said he had learned all he could but was still not satisfied. No doubt he had also heard many opinions and they still did not give him the answers he looked for."
When I asked your opinion on what David said, you dodged it by saying, and I quote, "David said it not me...". Does him claiming he "had learned all he could" seem plausible to you?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
10 Mar 17

Originally posted by FMF
When I asked your opinion on what David said, you dodged it by saying, and I quote, "David said it not me...". Does him claiming he "had learned all he could" seem plausible to you?
I still answered you. You agreed to accept it did you not? Are you going back on your word?

F

Moves
10 Mar 17

Are you going back on your word?
Going back on my word? What are you on about? I undertook to engage you in a genuine conversation. You posted Ecclesiastes 12:12 and you've been evasive about it ever since.

F

Moves
10 Mar 17

I still answered you. You agreed to accept it did you not? Are you going back on your word?
But what is your opinion about what David said? I know what David said. I am asking your opinion about it. Is it plausible to say one has 'learned all one can' about life and the human condition?

Surely the day one stops learning, one stops growing, and the day one stops growing, one starts dying. Bob Dylan may have said it better, if it was him (I can't recall; let's assume it was).

Is Bob perhaps wiser than David in this matter? Bob seems to value growth and personal development; David's words seem to endorse calling a halt to curiosity and development, claiming instead that 'all that can be learned, has been learned'.

I'm interested in your opinion. You raised Ecclesiastes 12:12, not me.

F

Moves
10 Mar 17

I still answered you.
If, as you say, you answered me, then what was your answer to this question: "Does [David] claiming he "had learned all he could" seem plausible to you?"

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
10 Mar 17
1 edit

Wasn't this your defense on the trinity?

Did I miss your comments on the names Jehovah and Satan?
Defense on the Trinity? I dont defend that because I don't believe in it.

F

Moves
10 Mar 17

Originally posted by Rajk999 to galveston75
Defense on the Trinity? I dont defend that because I don't believe in it.
On the previous page, galveston75 said "I'll listen to others opinions. A secret to teaching, if that is your goal, is to be a good listener."

I guess we are seeing his "secret to teaching" in action.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Mar 17

It is an honor to be a JW because of the freedom from false religions grip and to be a part of the education work we partake of in helping to share this life with others just as Jesus did.
Wow, you've really have been necking the JW kool-aid again haven't you.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Mar 17

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Its a spiritual thing Gman and pretty amazing. If I came to Texas and went to Kingdom Hall I would share exactly the same beliefs with the family sitting next to me because we have been taught by one channel and there is a unity of belief and practice among us, same if i went to the Punjab, or anywhere else for that matter, Japan or Russia. Why oth ...[text shortened]... they saw it and then rejected it that would be fine but not to acknowledge it is pretty strange.
But you don't have a choice. It's either the JW leadership way or disfellowshipment. You're in a cult. One of the signs of being in a cult is not being permitted to deviate from the self-declared truth of the leadership.

I don't know why you would think that posting like you do is in some way impressive, do you get points for it? Do you get some sort of gratification from being essentially odd and then socakimg up the dissent you receive and interpreting it as "persecution" which then reinforces your belief that you are being perscuted for Christ? Is that it?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Mar 17

Oh yes I agree it is spiritual for sure. But still what do they actually see when reading a certain scripture that is so clear to understand? Are there letters missing from words or just some blockage that is not clear for them to see unless Jehovah wants them to, and because they want to? That's the main point is they "have to want it" in order for it t ...[text shortened]... understanding. Jehovah knows that and see's the heart. If they really want it, they will see it.
I keep asking you why you and Robbie Carrobie disagree over whether it is a matter of personal conscience to accept blood in surgery, and you keep avoiding the subject. Why is that I wonder??

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Mar 17

Galveston75 are you going to answer FMFs question to you about higher education? You keep avoiding that too.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Mar 17

Wow, I looked up your name in a bible glossary and guess what came up? Ha!!!!

Proverbs 3:35
The wise will inherit honor, But the stupid ones glorify dishonor.

Proverbs 19:29
Judgment is in store for ridiculers, And beatings for the back of the stupid ones.

Proverbs 10:23
Engaging in shameful conduct is like a game to the stupid one, But wisd ...[text shortened]... is foolishness.

Ecclesiastes 4:5
The stupid one folds his hands while his flesh wastes away.
Do you think that using Biblical scripture to insult people who disagree with you is the best way for you to represent Jehovah? Do you think I regard you and your version of Jehovah higher or lower, after reading you post to me?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
10 Mar 17
1 edit

Robbie, I have a thought here for a couple of our friends. You know we post scriptures that to us are crystal clear in there meanings. And we know the bible says that some would read and not understand, so we know that is a fact. Then we tend to get frustrated with them and even come back with comments we shouldn't lower ourselves into making like I just ...[text shortened]... their own opinion which is fine but not one of them agrees with even one other among themselves.
It is because you have been brainwashed into only accepting interpretation given you. You are not permitted to interpret scripture for yourself.

However as I've been relentlessly pointing out to you in this thread; you and Carrobie differ on your opinions of receiving blood (command that cannot be broken vs personal conscience). One of you is off plan with your leadership's teaching. This is why you refuse to discuss it and this is why I won't leave it alone.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
10 Mar 17

Shouldn't be so sure. It's not you that would decide that. If your son is looking for what Jehovah offers, Jehovah would draw him in.
He aint gettin' drawn in. He aint stupid.

I did (and still do) educate him to make his own decisions.
Like I said there is always .01 % chance of becoming a JW.
I'm not ruling it out. But me becoming one(JW) would not sway him.