The anthropic principle proves that God exists

The anthropic principle proves that God exists

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
72d

@pettytalk said
The methods and theories used to establish the size of the universe, as well as to understand the universe's age and structure, are all grounded in assumptions. These assumptions are not just casual guesses but are based on a collection of established scientific principles, observations, and theories that have been rigorously tested and refined over centuries. Here's a clos ...[text shortened]... these assumptions may be revised or replaced, reflecting the dynamic nature of scientific knowledge.
Gosh you’re extremely well read PettyTalk.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
72d

@vivify said
So what? Doesn't prove or even mean anything like Carnivorum tried to imply.

He's offering opinions on the "anthropic principle" because he has no facts to present.
He offered more than you did when you asked for questions on evolution.

Moves
72d

@divegeester said
Gosh you’re extremely well read PettyTalk.
That's an assumption.

Moves
72d
2 edits

@pettytalk said
That's an assumption.
No, it’s more about your previous behaviours; as captured succinctly here; primarily and most pertinently by Mr Hammerclaw, but also by Mr Antigonos, over at your other dumping ground.

https://flic.kr/p/2pADKAu

PS: also, so much for your story about watching the sun set in Sun Valley Phoenix.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
72d

@divegeester said
PS: also, so much for your story about watching the sun set in Sun Valley Phoenix.
Why is this so unbelievable?

Moves
72d

@suzianne said
Did you look at the link?

rain

Moves
72d

@kellyjay said
He offered more than you did when you asked for questions on evolution.
Hard to help you when you weren't knowledgeable enough to even ask relevant questions. You had to be informed that some of your questions weren't even evolution topics.

You are too ignorant to even know what kind of questions to ask. You're like someone walking into a doctor's office because his car won't start.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
71d

@vivify said
Hard to help you when you weren't knowledgeable enough to even ask relevant questions. You had to be informed that some of your questions weren't even evolution topics.

You are too ignorant to even know what kind of questions to ask. You're like someone walking into a doctor's office because his car won't start.
You couldn’t/wouldn’t explain very simple questions. The fact you asked for questions and got them, then had to find faults in me personally to avoid answering them, shows you had no business asking, you were over your head immediately.

rain

Moves
71d

@kellyjay said
You couldn’t/wouldn’t explain very simple questions. The fact you asked for questions and got them, then had to find faults in me personally to avoid answering them, shows you had no business asking, you were over your head immediately.
Yawn.

It's a plain fact that you asked questions irrelevant to evolution. Like your very first question on that thread, you had to be informed that evolution is about not about the origin of life but the diversity of it.

Also, you weren't asking questions to better understand evolution; you were debating which was not the point of the thread. I had to tell you more than once that the point of the thread is not to debate but to better understand evolution.

You asked irrelevant questions and didn't even stick to the point of the thread. That was your fault, not mine.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
71d

@vivify said
Yawn.

It's a plain fact that you asked questions irrelevant to evolution. Like your very first question on that thread, you had to be informed that evolution is about not about the origin of life but the diversity of it.

Also, you weren't asking questions to better understand evolution; you were debating which was not the point of the thread. I had to tell you more th ...[text shortened]... relevant questions and didn't even stick to the point of the thread. That was your fault, not mine.
Really how natural selection modifies the genetic code building within the code new forms and features is possible while operating blindly due to no targets, goals, plans, purposes, without a direct connection between selection and modification?

Moves
71d

@divegeester said
@suzianne said
@divegeester said

The link? I see it now. The link which links Suzianne and I?

You went to the trouble of opening an account and there are only two images? One of Suzianne's posting and now an image of one of my many postings at UM?

My God, what a shame! I have been found out by one of Scotland Yard's finest detective as a fraud, a cheat, and a liar. How can I ever show my face around here again? I've been disgraced to the point of no return?

Poor old me, I knew not that I was being followed around. Had I known I would have worn my best disguise here. You do realize that I can sue you for slander, right?

If you are meaning to tender a personal insult, care to make it official? Pistols loaded with blanks at ten paces?

Why are you still questioning the views I described from my house located in the Valley of the Sun? Do you have a smoking gun that shows I don't live in the Valley? Are you making up an excuse for wanting an invitation to visit me? I can set up a scout's pup tent in the backyard from where you can still see the sunsets.

Would you like me to send you an autographed picture? When you wake up let me know.

Moves
71d

@vivify said

Before all the innovations and fancy electronics I knew a mechanic long ago who used a stethoscope to locate the knocking noises coming from the block. He could pinpoint a knocking valve in a heartbeat.

That's a harsh ignorance analogy. Can you come up with a more realistic one?

Typically questions are asked due to ignorance. But apparently too much ignorance precludes knowing which questions to ask. I recall one of my old teachers telling the class that there are no stupid questions, just dumb answers.

Pardon my extreme ignorance, but can you please provide a few examples of the kind of questions Kellyjay was to have asked?

Moves
71d

@pettytalk said
You went to the trouble of opening an account and there are only two images?
You are being called out at UM by two other regular posters for being a plagiarist and a waffler. In your profile there you claim to live in in Chicago, here you claim to live elsewhere. These parallels of you there and you here, are the only intersting things about you.

I’ve had a Flikr account for years.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
71d

@divegeester said
No, why do I have to look at a link to know about sunsets where I live?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
71d

@divegeester said
Or you can just tell me what you're on about.

The sun does set in Phoenix, Arizona. As a matter of fact, because of the desert dust in the atmosphere, the sunsets here are often spectacular.

Still not looking at the link.